RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun show was swamped today...arrrgh!

Boolit Master

Gun show was swamped today...arrrgh!

Went to the gun show in Roxbury, Pa. today and it was nutz. Parking lot was filled and the building was jam packed with...stuff. Alliant powder was available but prices still running around $28. Found a table literally overflowing with RCBS presses. They were just piled up! Prices running from $50 to $100. Same feller had probably 200 sets of dies, some calibers I never even heard of. I snatched up an as new RCBS 505 scale for $30. Now I have a back-up for my back-up. Uniflow powder measures running $35 to $70. Brass prices bordered on insane, same for bullets. Primers were scarce and $40. Looked for some more G.I. ammo cans to keep my stash in. Must be making them out'a gold now. $18/$20 for a beat up ammo can? Seriously? Gun prices seem to be stable or climbing a bit. There was 6 gun shows going on this weekend!! Next weekend...Carlisle. Audie..the Oldfart..

Boolit Master

You can thank our dear leader for all that.

Boolit Grand Master

The Carlisle show will be overpriced like usual. I'm debating wether Im going or not. It's a 90 minute drive, plus tolls, just to get there. I'm sure I can find it cheaper locally.

Boolit Buddy
    Agreed.... 'thank you Mr. Obama. Can't wait til your unemployed."

Nose Dive

Cheap, Fast, Good. Kindly pick two.

Boolit Grand Master

The gun and ammo ind. should put him on commission. Never mind it's just more Democratic same old, same old.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Buddy
    ammo cans from the government surplus auctions are way DOWN in price.
    sounds like a gun show to me, overpriced everything.

Boolit Master
    I live just down the road from Carlisle in the York, Pa area.

Never been to the Carlisle show...I rarely miss a show in the York area
    I may need to do a recon on the Carlisle show...what is the venue?

I have been playing with the idea of building an AR and maybe I can find a good deal on a lower receiver there.
    My son is currently working on his second...he knows what a good manufacturer and price is so our knowledge base going in is pretty good.

Boolit Master
    I have not bought any ammo cans in a while due to the high prices. Im not paying $20 for a used 50 cal can.

Havent been to a show in a while, last one I drove the 90min to, paid for parking, and to get in. Could have just went and bought what I wanted elsewhere for less money and effort.

I stopped going to gun shows years ago, unless a person gets lucky prices are usually higher than the LGS. For ammo I use a craftsman bottom, and middle tool cabinet. Much easier to find my ammo than digging through ammo cans.

Boolit Grand Master

Went to our local gun show, very crowded, Zero has done it again. Got a good deal, though.

Good deals are where you find them. I have purchased many guns at good prices over the years,
    chuckling about the crazy prices or negotiating them down. Anyone without negotiating skills at a gun
    show is arriving unarmed. Prices marked are often entirely unrelated to selling prices.

If you can't say, "I'd buy it, but I can't pay that price.", you are just a sucker at a gun show. Know
    what something is worth, and if the price is good or you can negotiate it down, buy NOW, never
    hesitate. I lost several good deals that way.
    Last edited by MtGun44; 01-10-2016 at 03:36 PM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Every time a Democrat farts, it causes a run on gas masks! Prices and availability were just starting to get back to normal. I put in an order at Pat's and Bryan said things were getting nuts again, did I have any second choices?
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    Went to our local gun show, very crowded, Zero has done it again. Got a good deal, though.

Good deals are where you find them. I have purchased many guns at good prices over the years,
    chuckling about the crazy prices or negotiating them down. Anyone without negotiating skills at a gun
    show is arriving unarmed. Prices marked are often entirely unrelated to selling prices.

If you can't say, "I'd buy it, but I can't pay that price.", you are just a sucker at a gun show. Know
    what something is worth, and if the price is good or you can negotiate it down, buy NOW, never
    hesitate. I lost several good deals that way.
    Yup! That's how it works.

Deals are out there, just got to look for them.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    There was a show in Lexington this weekend, but I didn't go for that very reason. I hate to drive an hour and then stand in the rain to get in. By that time anything even remotely approaching a bargain would be long gone.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Buddy
    I have pretty much given up on gun shows. If I need an AR15, AR15 part, a cheap knife, beef jerky or something with a swastika on it I am sure I can find it cheaper elsewhere.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

Boolit Master

Obama wins salesman of the Year 7 years running...... a new record.

Gun shows in CA. are a waste of time anymore. Due to the regulations here you do not have the individual selling off gun related items like you used to see in the past and could get some good deals. Now they are dealers with dealer's prices. Used gun prices are so high, that you are better off buying new at a few dollars more and not worry about getting someone's lemon that he dumped on the market.
    I am very lucky when it comes to buying reloading supplies. I have the Miwall corp. 30 miles away that sells to dealers. On Father's day they open their warehouse to individuals and sell to us at the price they sell to dealers or just slightly over that. That is where I pick up my powder, primers, and cases at a very reasonable price. Factory ammo is also very decent priced including military surplus that guys buy by the case load. The scalpers at gun shows hate to see Miwall at the gunshows. while the scalpers were trying to get 50 dollars per 1000 primers, Miwall was selling primers for 27 dollars per 1000. I normally get 5000 Winchester primers LP for $135.00.

Boolit Master

I just saw an article on the amount of NICS background checks. In the last 5 years there have been approx. 101 million background checks. The record was 2015 with 23.1 million. All under the Obama.
    I don't know but several states are allowing gun purchases with a CCL. I don't believe those sales would be in the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by winchester85 View Post
    ammo cans from the government surplus auctions are way DOWN in price.
    sounds like a gun show to me, overpriced everything.
    That was my impression too. 30 cal. cans were $10 each or 5 for $45 at show I attended Jan 1st. There were primers at around $35 and brass, ammo, and what powder was available was at typical prices ($24-$28) per pound. Brass was a little pricey, and the crowd was bigger than had been common of late. Did see what looked like a few more bulk box ammo purchases being hauled around than have seen in the past. Might have been more stockpiling or could have been better prices and availability causing more to decide to purchase. It was right before the President was going to announce his "actions" on guns so that might have caused more folks to come.

Man I have to say I never see piles of reloading equipment at shows. A few dies from estate sale vendors mostly in calibers that are hard to sell. Might be a few items here and there but nothing like what the other members describe.

Scarcity is driven by the habits or desires of buyers working against the greed or profit motive of sellers. I am pretty sure the president is not going to the shows and buying up the ammo or bidding up the price of primers, brass and powder. Sure I am that I would have noticed the Secret Service wondering around the show.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    I sold at the Morgantown show this weekend, good crowd and decent prices. This morning I let the wife run it while I went to the Washington Pa show. Powder was stupid expensive but reloading equipment was very reasonable. Very busy show.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master

We have one here next weekend. It will be interesting to see how big the crowd is and what the prices are.

For me it is normally a good place to buy reloading supplies and equipment. As for guns, I've only ever buy used ones that aren't available at the local shops and when the price is right.