Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMCD ProductsMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: springfield armory hi-power

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    They haven't been tight lipped at all, they have been quite open that these are made in the USA. It's been one of their advertising points. Geneseo, IL to be exact, they say that right on the slide.
    I wonder if that's the Geneseo that's stamped in nice deep sharp letters on the slide of my Springfield 1911?

Accompanied by the very tiny, faint pin stamped made in Brazil that is on the underside of the frame in front of the trigger guard.

Just curious.

But it is 15+ years old.

Boolit Master
    I just looked at my Springfield SA-35.
    The slide and the frame both say Geneso, IL.
    The only other country of origin to be found is the magazine which bares “Made in Italy”.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master
    Incidentally, there is a previous thread on Cast Boolits “New SA-35 vs BHP Mark III Standard”. It has some pretty good info on the SA-35. I Binged the thread title and it popped up.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master
    I had placed an order with an upscale gunshop for an SA-35 right after they came out. About once a quarter I'd call and be told they hadn't heard anything. A week ago, on the evening of the 23d a nice lady from the shop called to tell me they'd gotten some in and did I still want one. I smiled and asked when I could pick it up. I got it a week ago tomorrow. The slide to frame fit is very good, the matte finish is even and will hold oil nicely, the trigger is excellent, I like the sights and the grips are pretty. Now I just need some time to drive 50 miles to the range and try it out. It was funny that when I got to the shop the guy behind the counter didn't even know they'd gotten any in. As I was standing there some man called to say he was on his way in to pick up his. The price was suggested retail and with taxes I was out the door for a bit less than $700. I have four of the 15 round Mec-Gar mags enroute right now. GF

Boolit Master
    I have polymer pistols for carry, so these all steel throw backs are just for target shooting. I don't need the capacity of a high power.

Boolit Master
    I think my new SA-35 is a candidate for the Roto holster in another of today's threads. It would be nice if the pistol was eventually offered in matte stainless or with something like an NP3 or electroless nickel finish for CCW here in Hotlanta summers. GF

Boolit Buddy
    I agree with 36g...why buy a clone when you can buy the original?

Boolit Buddy
    Because the clones are still being made and aren't collector pieces.

Boolit Master
    Bought an import FEG to scratch my hipower itch. I’ve owned a couple of brownings and a FM in the past but somebody else always wanted them more. I do like the FEG which has seen hard service in Israel or so I’m told. It has the crappy little sights; horrible trigger; and minuscule safety just like the originals and I love it. For me it’s just a range toy with character.

I had one of the FEG clones marked Charle Daly, and IMO is was equal to the Browning P-35 in every respect ( parts interchangeability, fit, finish, accuracy, etc) except that the safety has the original small nub.

I had it several years and the only reason I don't have it now is that I gifted it to my adult/married Grandson, who once shot my 1911.45 Colt Lightweight Commander for the 1st time a like an adult pro - at 11 years old ! ! !

(The other men shooting on the range at the time were as stunned as I was)

Last edited by pietro; 01-02-2023 at 05:15 PM.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    Local FFL has at least one FEG and a chromed Kareen plus two Belgian stripped frames and one stripped frame with slide and a few misc. parts.

Personally, I have three Belgians, an Argentine, and an Inglis. None were bought new with several being rebuilt and refinished. I prefer the earlier look with small safety and round hammer spur. To me the design just fits very comfortably in the hand. I became impressed with them in my youth when I first held one that my Uncle brought back from WWII that had been a German issue pistol.

I have not fired any of the Springfield pistols but have been satisfied with the reliability of the aforementioned Belgian and clones.

Boolit Master
    Looked at a Girsan competition model in the lgs yesterday. Friend who works there said he has one and it is a great shooter.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I think Browning USA is missing the boat not having some sort of HP in their offerings. Even if it was made in Turkey, it would be made to Browning's usual high standard of fit and finish. The lack of an HP in their lineup seems like a yawning chasm.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I see that EAA has a High Power Clone also.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-girsa...9mm-black.html

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0134 (1).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	308912 This is my Springfield Armory SA-35, fit and finish is good and it is accurate!
    Life member NRA and Texas State Rifle Assoc.
    Big bore air rifle shooter

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 36g View Post
    I see that EAA has a High Power Clone also.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-girsa...9mm-black.html
    Never seen one in person, it's one of those that the little shops can never get. Still kicking myself for not buying NIB FEG's for $250.00 back in the 2000's.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Never seen one in person, it's one of those that the little shops can never get. Still kicking myself for not buying NIB FEG's for $250.00 back in the 2000's.
    The EAA Girsan clones are very nice. We've sold a small hand full over the last couple months. The price it nice too. They have that Ye Olde Tyme Hi Power trigger, though...

Quote Originally Posted by coaldust View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0134 (1).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	308912
    This is my Springfield Armory SA-35, fit and finish is good and it is accurate!
    Very nice!

We finally got word from one of our distributors that we've been allocated an SA35...I'm excited to see it in person.