MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we all in the same boat????

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin
    Sounds like Cordova?

That's where I used to shoot..
    You got it. It's about 5 minutes from the office. We go at lunch sometimes. Went the other day with a couple of the guys from our office who are headed to Iraq for 12 months. They'll be field service reps for our company taking care of of our equipment that's used by the military. Good guys, good times. Important to keep them feeling like part of the team. They're working 84 hour weeks while in-country.

Banned
    I've found alot of 38 Super in my times. Even picked up a few boxes of 7.5 Swiss Norma. Also some 32 acp. One case I've never seen left behind is the 45 Colt.

Joe

Boolit Master
    We hardly ever go to a "range" we have a 300 yard rifle range in our back yard. Come to think of it I have only been to a real range maybe 7-8 times. My dad is a switchman for a CenturyTel and he drives around all day when he is in the area he will stop by some of the local ranges and pick up every brass case (except 22lr) and sometimes he brings home a couple handfulls of range scrap.

We have more brass in about any American caliber a guy could ever want. If we went by the 1000 case rule we would have more guns then I could cast bullets for.

Next rifles on our list is a Magnum either 7mm or 300 win because we dont have one yet and we are close to 500 cases for each. My next pistol is going to be a 40 S&W we have close to 2000 cases pistol is going to be either a XD, Glock, or a EAA Witness. I am leaning more towards the Witness.

DK

Boolit Master

Same Boat

---I'm not alone--Thxs. guys I feel better Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Poygan
    Its only the beginning...I picked up some 40 S&W brass and don't have anything in that caliber and have no great desire to acquire anything as well.
    Someone leaves these at our range, too. We have found that they make great 22rf plinking targets out on the 60 yard line.

-ktw

(People gathered in a room in a circle) Hello, My name is James and I am a range hound, (everyone responds with a hello James). Sometimes I just can't help myself I pick up everything just because someday you might need it.

I wish I could find cheap lead, all the tire stores are selling there lead for 30 bucks a 5 gallon pail full of WW. I must have in the thousands of brass that I don't even have guns for but I use them to offset my lead purchases. Help me.

mag 01,
    Did you have some kind of erroneous notion that this was a support group or something?? This place is full of enablers. I've got enough lead around that I have to scatter it out in smaller piles to keep from damaging the concrete floors or sinking the footings and I still look for more.
    Trying to gather enough scrap brass to finance another mold (or two).
    Just watch out for those real troublemakers over in GROUP BUYS. That place could be hazardous to your fiscal wellbeing (and physical wellbeing if SWMBO finds out what you spent).
    Rick

Jehosaphat!

My first topic, my first post, and already I feel some bonding. I see I'm at the right place!

ETA-Group buys? Whats this about GGGGGGrrrouuuppp bbbbbuys?
    Last edited by Rooster; 07-12-2006 at 07:41 PM.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    My first topic, my first post, and already I feel some bonding. I see I'm at the right place!

ETA-Group buys? Whats this about GGGGGGrrrouuuppp bbbbbuys?
    Welcome aboard, Rooster. Nothing to be afraid of, in the group buys. Nothing at all. Step on in, and look them over. Very benign, and surely not harmful. How could there be, they are just bullet molds? Lots, and lots, of bullet molds. Very good bullet molds. Molds that you may find you really have to own. But, they are certainly harmless. More so, if you are single, or don't mind eating spagetti or ramen a few times a week.

I'm surprised the first one isn't "free"!

Boolit Master
    I have 15 buckets of ww in the garage and I still stop at tire shops looking for more. Sumpin ain't right.

Boolit Buddy
    I have about 1500+ pounds of WW ingots in the shop. Trying to figure out how much is enough! Now I am collecting for my family who will sooner or later see the light and start shooting cast with a TC. At least I can hope can't I? It justifies stopping by the tire store once a week.

Yep, anything on the ground is fair game for my scrounging habit!

Lead, brass, alum cans & bottles....I even gather up all the rimfire cases I shoot and save then in a 5 gallon pail back at the shop. The lead gets recast, the rest gets recycled. One thing I cannot stand is a litterbug! I clean up trash most anywhere I find it....

Dennis

Moderator Emeritus

Cool Medical Advice (NOT)

I am currently under going councilling for this problem.

My Therapist (That' ME!), advised me to have regular sessions at the range doing just this; pick up all the empty cases and lumps of lead I see, until I can't take it anymore.

Our club has the cleanest range in the south east and I have buckets of brass and lead; just don't know if I have enough time left on this side of the soil to use it all, seeing as how I continue to add to the material I pick up. Some pieces I am seeing for the third or forth time.

I don't think the therapy is working as I am not cured yet.

John.

Boolit Bub
    I have a range that is on the way to work. I stop at least once a week to check the buckets. Monday morning about 6AM is the best time. All the weekend shooters have left their brass. Just got a hundred .243 yesterday. Sometimes I get lucky and get a bucket half full of .223 or .45. There is a ton of lead at the range and I have been meaning to ask if I can scrounge it up.

As a side any of you have any 7.62x39, 7.62x25 or .303 Brit that you want to get rid of? These are really the only cals I load that I havent been able to find brass for.

Boolit Buddy
    What's really bad is finding some odd caliber brass then getting realoding dies and reloading it when you don't have a gun in that caliber. Next you go shopping for ANOTHER gun. That's why I'm usually broke.

Quote Originally Posted by tom barthel
    What's really bad is finding some odd caliber brass then getting realoding dies and reloading it when you don't have a gun in that caliber. Next you go shopping for ANOTHER gun. That's why I'm usually broke.
    while on a range the other day a guy gave me a box of 6.5 dutch ammo--i have never heard of that cal so asked for one round--he gave me the whole box. hope i dont find the rifle.

charlie in sw mo
    charlie in sw mo

Quote Originally Posted by charlie / sw mo
    while on a range the other day a guy gave me a box of 6.5 dutch ammo--i have never heard of that cal so asked for one round--he gave me the whole box. hope i dont find the rifle.

charlie in sw mo
    Isn't that the same as 6.5X54, aka 6.5 Mannlicher? Just wondering....

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mecoastie
    As a side any of you have any 7.62x39, 7.62x25 or .303 Brit that you want to get rid of? These are really the only cals I load that I havent been able to find brass for.
    7.62 x 25 that we want to get rid of.......yeah, RIGHT!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Used to spend a lot of time looking for brass, sometimes would join in on the foot race to see who got to the pistol range first after the last shooter left. Even scrounged up the spent lead at the pistol berm. 3-4 5 gallon buckets was my best haul. Still have one left. Would deprime the stuff I wanted to save, wash and then tumble and store in plastic freezer bags. Any other brass would get dumped into buckets to be recycled. Dirty job but someone's gotta do it. Frank