MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky

Thread: Best gunshow near you?

Best gunshow near you?

I know about the following below, but what are the best gunshows, nearest your area? My wife and I are planning on taking some time this year to travel a bit more and I want to attend a few gunshows and put them into the schedule. We are quite flexible on the times we can get away.

Tulsa
    Sioux Falls Trophy
    Shot Show
    Reno
    SAR in Phoenix
    Baltimore Antique Arms

Albany Rifle & Pistol Gun Show, Linn County Fairgrounds, Albany, OR, held twice a year.

DG

Boolit Master
    Washington Co,Pa
    Has a decent show at the fair grounds.One coming up in early April

Boolit Master
    Watertown,SD , show next weekend. One of my favorite shows, I always find something interesting to take home.

Boolit Master
    Ray and Don's (I'm Don!) Gun Show!!
    In Filer, Idaho on March 26th and 27th, and November 5th and 6th this year.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    Ray and Don's (I'm Don!) Gun Show!!
    In Filer, Idaho on March 26th and 27th, and November 5th and 6th this year.
    I was just at my sister's farm in Filer a couple of weeks ago!

I stop in on my way back from Yuma, AZ every year and spend a day or two with my nephews and niece. They live on 3000N.

I didn't see any primers or powder at the Sportsman's Warehouse, and Red's Trading Post has always been crazy high since the pandemic started. I stopped at a new shop called Quick Response Firearms on Blue Lakes Blvd and they had a couple of cans of powder, but nothing I needed. Ended up buying a set of Herrett's Stocks for my 1911, though.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jim 44-40 View Post
    Washington Co,Pa
    Has a decent show at the fair grounds.One coming up in early April
    I'll second that. Probably the largest in the area.

Boolit Master
    There's usually a very good show in Las Vegas in January each year. I've never been but I keep hearing GOOD stuff about it.

My favorites used to be the New Bern, Greenville at the armory or Kinston show at the VFW but kinston is no more and the Greenville show [moved to the convention center] or NB isn’t much any more. Bought many a handgun from Don Upchurch, shot IPSC with him too. Good old days.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Kalispell Spring Gun Show, last weekend in March.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

There are no good ones near me anymore. The German/American club used to have a small one that was good. The larger one at Lee Civic Center has become dominated by two gun store chains and has virtually no private sellers anymore. Couple that with it costing over twenty bucks between admission and parking I no longer bother going.

The biggest is the Syracuse Gun show, April & September at the Fairgrounds. That said, some hidden gems used to be found at a variety of small one day shoes(Sunday’s) throughout Central NYS.

Banned
    i used to go at the Jaffa Mosque gun show in Altoona, PA, but it got too commercialized (hunting/fishing guides, campers/rv, ground/tree stands, atv/utv....). its been 10 -15 years ago since i last walked thru the door. you could find rifles, shotguns, all kinds of brass, dies......it was like a dream.

there is a gun show in Center Hall, PA, but i haven't gone for 5 years. i think Blairsville, PA has one too, but i haven't gone since my best friend passed away.

i do go to the small gun shows...church's and sportsmen clubs and garage sales. i'll find what i need......eventually.

Boolit Master
    Gun show in Cedar Rapids this weekend. My cousin called to see if I was going, I told him no way am I going as I need absolutely nothing. About an hour latter the grandson called and said "what do you think"? I said lets put a plan together. He usually drives and I swing him by the gas station on the way home. Boy, a couple hamburgers and gas is gonna hurt.