RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firearm Manufacturers must be hurting Bad?

Firearm Manufacturers must be hurting Bad?

Has anyone noticed the large amount of shows and adds pushing the .22 Rim Fire? Maybe since the Manufacturers are hurting they may impact the production of .22 Rim Fire ammo?

But who can blame the public for not purchasing the .22's since you can not get ammo without getting your head ripped off.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Grand Master

My LGS is overloaded with 22s as well. I even noticed a manufacturer flyer that advertised a free box of CCI MiniMag if you bought their 22. I wonder how that worked out?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    My LGS is overloaded with 22s as well. I even noticed a manufacturer flyer that advertised a free box of CCI MiniMag if you bought their 22. I wonder how that worked out?
    I saw that too and thought to myself, hmmm, wonder if it's a mail in coupon?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Bub
    Must be why Sig is giving a free 1911 in 22lr with the purchase of a45!

It must be bad when they can not give them away.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Buddy
    I can tell you it isn't the manufactures that are suffering.. it is the dealers and distributors that are hurting.. Because of all the guns flying off the shelves faster than the factory can make them. dealers and distributors are buying them weather they need them or not because they know they may not get an opportunity to get them for quite a while. I have heard through some connections wink wink that it will probably take about 2 years for things to slow down and for all the choices to start making there way back to the shelves. Companies have had to be real careful and no buy a bunch of machinery and hire a bunch of people to find out when this all slows down they have to lay people off.

Quote Originally Posted by moose0011 View Post
    I can tell you it isn't the manufactures that are suffering.. it is the dealers and distributors that are hurting.. Because of all the guns flying off the shelves faster than the factory can make them. dealers and distributors are buying them weather they need them or not because they know they may not get an opportunity to get them for quite a while. I have heard through some connections wink wink that it will probably take about 2 years for things to slow down and for all the choices to start making there way back to the shelves. Companies have had to be real careful and no buy a bunch of machinery and hire a bunch of people to find out when this all slows down they have to lay people off.
    Moose you must have been reading another thread lol. I do not know about other Firearms flying off of the shelves at this time but they are not selling Firearms in .22 Rim Fire. That is the main discussion. And the reason for this is simply No Ammo to be had unless it is very expensive.

When it is Cheaper to load .38Sp/.357 Magnum than get .22 Rim Fire I think there could be something wrong. But then again I could be wrong.

Boolit Master
    One would think if someone went to business school, that maybe they would slow down production of weapons using 22lr for a little while. Seems to me a pretty delusional executive to say oh no this shortage is just a blip, a blip is roses go up during the week of valentines day. Over a year of bare shelves is not a blip. Guy at the LGS told me there is not a light at the end of the tunnel on 22lr any time soon.

Instead of simply promoting, advertising, even giving them away. Slack off and produce something else. But when has business actually thought very far into the future. Yea they can sell rifles in the short term, as dealers replentish stocks, that not long ago couldn't be found. But once racks are full of unsold 22lr, dealers are gonna stop buying from the manufacturers. Then they will just pile up in warehouses. Where other day I was looking thru some parts at a gun store, and the guy behind the counter kept telling a customer 'no can't get that one...no back ordered' maybe shift some of that excess 22 production to something else they can sell.

Time to go see my LGS and offer him $250 for that little CZ on his rack !
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Time to go see my LGS and offer him $250 for that little CZ on his rack !
    No dice for me. I've been trying to buy up 22 firearms for a few months now. I've been offering a fair price but the shops apparently want the guns to keep sitting on the shelf. Now is the time to buy any 22 you've ever wanted. I'm just having trouble convincing the shops that they should sell them to me

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    Moose you must have been reading another thread lol. I do not know about other Firearms flying off of the shelves at this time but they are not selling Firearms in .22 Rim Fire. That is the main discussion. And the reason for this is simply No Ammo to be had unless it is very expensive.

When it is Cheaper to load .38Sp/.357 Magnum than get .22 Rim Fire I think there could be something wrong. But then again I could be wrong.
    I was talking about rimfire rifles ie.. 22 lr 22 WRM and 17 HMR

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I'm still waiting for CZ to offer a twenty-two magnum in a left hand bolt rifle .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master

I have read a couple of articles on the ammo shortage. Both articles pointed to increased firearm sales that lead to the ammo shortage. NICs background checks have increased substantially for the last two years.
    Add the increase of concealed carry permits, woman entering the firearm owners market, and a greater amount of semi-autos(using more ammo) and you start to have shortage problems. Add to that the political environment and people are buying firearms.
    Some ammo manufacturers are investing capital money in new machinery to increase the amount of ammo they can manufacture. The noticeable shortage is still rimfire especially .22 LR. When people find it they buy more than "normal" times. Also the scalpers are at work feeding on the frenzy.

Boolit Buddy
    No one has offered me any free 22s I will take a pistol or rifle if you guys want to send me some(: There is plenty of 22 rimfire to be had it sure isnt cheaper to buy 38's and a grand proportion of shooters don't load and even less cast 38's .040-50 cents a piece bought minimags today at .08 a little high but my cz likes them

Boolit Master

I got an e-mail from Sig a couple of weeks ago saying that "THE DEAL IS OFF!!" Or words to that effect. It seems that only specially designated .45's were eligible for the free .22, and that somehow it got turned around so that people thought all .45's qualified. They did say some dealers/distibutors might still honor the deal, but Sig is out of it.

Not a problem for me though. No more rimfires for me for any amount of money until the ammo manufacturers decide it's time to get down to business. Maybe the gun makers will have better luck explaining the need to "Git 'er done".

Quote Originally Posted by biggc1 View Post
    Must be why Sig is giving a free 1911 in 22lr with the purchase of a45!
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

In Remembrance
    They announced on the one of the local radio station programs, that sportsmans had 525 bulk packs and something else in 22 rimfire. I didn't go by and see how much they had, but was shocked to hear about it on the radio. They generally get some in every tuesday, but it is usually sold out tuesday evening.lol I haven't noticed any of the dealers here running any specials on rimfire guns, they don't seem to be having much trouble moving them.

Boolit Master

I've stopped shooting my 22LR rifles and have stopped shooting Bullseye Pistol matches until I can guarantee a steady supply of the little pills again. Right now near Indianapolis, there are a small supply of quality ammo and the prices are through the roof for what can be found.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Bub
    I would like to see .22 ammo get back to what it was, but it be a long time.
    I have a few ,so I mix in a few with my reloads tell times get better.

Boolit Bub
    I scored a Sig 1911 rtss with a free od green 1911 22. Yay. Got about 3000 rounds to get me by until it comes back around. There is plenty to be found at shows just marked up.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    I'm still waiting for CZ to offer a twenty-two magnum in a left hand bolt rifle .

Jack
    That would be something! I purchased a left hand Savage Mark II with thumb hole stock last year and thought about getting a magnum or .17 vs. 22LR and decided on the .22 long rifle version.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.