Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite ccw gun.

Banned

Whats your favorite ccw gun.

I gave mine up a while back in a moment of weakness but now have it back. Its a kimber cdp with an officers grip frame and a commander barrel. It conseals as as well as a 3 inch gun but is as shootable and reliable as a commander. It will shoot into an inch at 25 yards with the load i use and right from the factory all the edges are rounded. Its accurate, dead reliable, and conseals real well. I personaly couldnt think of a better ccw gun for a holster. Now in the summer when a shirt with tails isnt practiical i usually carry a alloy j frame or a ruger lcp in a pocket holster.

Winter carry for me is an xd 40, and summer carry is a sp101. Wifey thinks we need a pair of ruger 380's they drop nicely into our shorts pocket.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Master

Springfield Compact 45 ACP, but I don't carry it much anymore, the little Charter Arms 38sp goes most of the time.
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Master
    Taurus 450 45 Colt.

Boolit Master
    Winter- XD9c and Summer- Ruger LCP.
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Sig P220 year around.
    45 AUTO! Because having to shoot someone twice is just silly!

Boolit Buddy
    Glock 26 year round. Have found myself wearing short sleeve button up shirts w/ shorts during the summer.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Things are rather restricted here in Peru. So I tote about a Rossi 5 shot 38 Special 2" with a hip grip stocked with my 165 grain near pure lead in a +P load.
    Then comes my State of ILL. Still under the lowlife liberal idea that only polititians have any rights to publicly protect themselves.
    Mike in Peru
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    I like the LCP loaded with Buffalo Bore's 100 gr. LFP bullet because it can be carried anywhere at anytime. Mine has the Crimson Trace laser which makes a world of difference in hits.

Boolit Grand Master
    My usual CCW and open-carry bit has involved either a Commander-sized autopistol of some kind or a 4" Model 686. Recent acquisition of a Model 19 x 2.5" has altered that process a bit. I never understood the attraction of those short-barrelled Magnums back when they were THE REVOLVER for off-duty cops. Now that I own one, I GET IT.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Moderator Emeritus

It's hard to beat a 2.5" Model 19 or 66 for concealed carry, though in the winter I normally carry my Springfield XD .45 acp. In the summer, it's one of my pocket pistols.

By the way Al, my 2.5" Model 19 was purchased from a Lt. with Ridgecrest PD in the late 1980's. He's since retired and moved to Washington State.

Fred

S&W 940 in my pocket...

S&W 642 38 special in my right front pants pocket with a speed strip in my left rear pocket.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Buddy
    S+W 66 4" all year round. Not extremely comfortable but not horrible either. Looking for the right holster for my Glock 22.

Sig 1911 Carry on the side, Glock 33 in the pocket or cross draw for if it ever gets that bad.

Boolit Master

American derringer in 45 ACP/AR in the pocket, and either a Kahr PM 45 or a Smith Shorty 45.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Buddy
    EAA 2" 38 special. Sometimes a sig 220. Just depends on my mood.

I'm mostly a revolver guy. Right now my primary off-duty is a Ruger SP101 DAO 2 1/4" .357. I carry it with 158 grain Gold Dot Magnums. I have a 3" .357 DAO SP101 also, but as of yet I haven't made it to the range to qualify with it. It will get carried a lot, probably in addition to the 2 1/4", once I qualify.

My on-duty BUG just changed from a S&W 37-2 Airweight .38 Special (which was getting kind of worn out) to a S&W 432PD Airweight .32 H&R Magnum. I really like the little gun, I expect to stick with it until someone comes out with a lightweight .327 Federal (come on S&W M&P 332 or Ruger LCR 327!).

My department just issued me a new Glock 23 RTF2. While I'm forced to carry it on-duty, I've yet to carry it off-duty. I have a good concealment holster for it, but I'm neither a Glock nor a .40 S&W fan, so it generally sits in my locker at work.

My favorite would be a SP101 with a enlarged cylinder window and a 5-shot .44 Special cylinder. Since that doesn't exist, I'd say its a toss up between the 2 1/4" SP101 and the 432PD.
    "The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Landric

Honcho for NOE .38-200 Mk. I British Round Nose Group Buy

Boolit Master
    a browning high-power or my ruger security-six 4".

In Remebrance

Concealed? Smith Bodyguard. Fits in a blue jeans pocket. Helps if you lose weight and all your pants are a size or 2 too big. Can't conceal much else this time of year.