Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: This is a great forum...

Boolit Grand Master

This is a great forum...

...and I enjoy it immensely. Sometimes, though, I miss the "good ol' days" of Shooters.com. Mind you, this forum's got all that and more and I'm in and out of here coupla' times a day.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    ... I'm in and out of here coupla' times a day.
    Slacker !

Jack

Boolit Grand Master

Jim,

You are right! I, too, hate to miss my visit to cast boolits.

Great people here, and I really like the way that uncivil behavior it not welcome. I have
    always believed that being polite is important, and it is more so in this medium where you
    don't have eye and face contact to help with context for remarks, so things that would be
    OK face to face can cause some misunderstanding in this medium. Keeping a high commitment
    to polite discourse is really important, and it is done well here.

The biggest thing is that some of the members leave me in awe of the work that they have
    done and their knowledge of reloading and shooting and gun history and - and - everything!

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

I too am enjoy to come to this forum and am glad to have the ability to pick the brains of casters form all over. This is my second favorite forum to come onto.
    Best motorcycle forum on the net.
    http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/index.php

Agreed , this is a great fourm , and a great place for information and folks ready to help others, If I miss a day or two, I have to catch up on what went on while I was not lurking here....it is like missing part of your favorite series on the tube.
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo

Boolit Buddy
    This place has cost me many, many hours of sleep.

-Max
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
    -James Madison, 3rd Congress 1794

"The 9mm may properly expand, but the 45 will never shrink"

This is the greatest forum .I have burnt so many dinners I've lost count all because I have my head stuck in the computer. On the plus side My typing has improved so much I can use two fingers now. Well done to the people who run the forum and the people who contribute here valued knowledge.
    Lead foot;

This is a great site, and it can suck you in, be careful, all the guys are great and helpful, oh ya and watch your wallets, it seems to suck the cash right out of them. lol

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I’m a member of several forums. This one by far is my favorite. Thank you Ken.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

In Remebrance

Shooters had a...flair? It had something, some style of flavor to it that was fun. Maybe it was just that it was the primo board when I got my first computer. But, I have the archives and of course the Aimoo site is still operating and I can say with great confidence this site has far, far surpassed the 2 other sites in knowledge and information as far as cast goes. True, it lacks some of the flavor Shooters had, but I'll just try and forget some of the idiots that posted there. OTH, I'd love to have access to the "Y2K" board just for laughs.

Boolit Master at heavens range
    You guys are great here,I learn alot from yous and all the help yous gave me. Joe

Boolit Master

I to came from shooters, it was a great forum and so is this one.
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Master
    Down South +1.
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Boolit Master

I can honestly say that without this forum, I would very likely be shooting less and enjoying it less. Before I discovered this forum, I had some preconceived ideas about cast boolits that I've since found were completely wrong. Through this forum I have made acquaintances and friends that I never would have without it. AND because of this forum, I once again am enjoying the dickens out of shooting and reloading. FURTHERMORE...I now have another half dozen guns (plus) that I wouldn't have purchased or built because of the influence of the "cast boolit friendly" advice and folks here. Thanks everyone for making my day...everyday that I can log on.

Edd

P.S. The only J-words I have shot since I started here have been varmit loads or just to get some empties to try cast boolits in another gun.
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

In Remembrance

This is the only forum I go to anymore. Tme constraints have forced me to cut back my computer time, so I went with the best.

Boolit Master
    I don't belong to any others, I did a lot of lurking in this one before I stepped in. Without mincing words there are a lot of great fellows around here and I like the "tone" much better here, even when we are having a "heated" discussion than others.

Boolit Master

I lurked here until I retired and bought my own PC(couldn't join from work). Now I'm a casting fool(emphasis on fool !). The economies of casting for .38 and .45 pistols sucked me in, just starting to play with .30 rifle. Got into swaging .224's now - and just got me a pot and turkey fryer to make smelting less tedious - the Lee pot was not meant for that purpose! Sold a few things on the Swap & Sell, but bought more $$ worth than sold - don't tell my wife that though. Love this site - good people - look at all those that jumped in to help Lloyd after his bonfire !

Boolit Buddy
    just outside Sulphur Springs in north east Texas
    I to come to cast bollits at least 2 times a day.Don't post much,as a preacher I do better with the spoken word,than I do tpying.So I read alot.When I frist got a computer,I joined.Have learned a lot.I have been casting since the late 60's but I think I had 2 years experance,repeated for 40 years.This place has opened my eyes and taught me so much.So thanks to buckshot and 44man, bass,and others.
    God is good all the time

Wait a second, this isn't GlockTalk? DDDOOOHHH
    I did find it strange there wasn't advertisements between the post, and I was able to navigate?
    --------------
    Ron

Our small club has but a precious few CB shooters. Can`t get anyone interested to get together to advance what we all enjoy here. My difficulty in posting something informative or helpful stems from trying to keep our small club up and running. A few doing most of the "work" ya know?

The K31 does get some excercise and is always handed to someone I think would appreciate it. Each has the same reaction after shooting it with the RCBS 200SIL with 13gr of Unique....two thumbs up!

I do still miss Floodgate.