WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: Computer help needed.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Computer help needed.

Question for my computer gurus. New computer, Linux Mint. The search/address line shows the font only MAYBE 1/16" high. Is there a way to make it larger?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

set the default font size in the system settings (System Settings/Fonts). Set the same font size in Firefox (Edit/Preferences/Content/Fonts and Colors) and Thunderbird (Edit/Preferences/Display/Formatting/Fonts and Colors). All Settings/Panel/ by selecting the Customised panel size box AND the Scale panel text box.
    Reduce screen resolution.
    Whatever!

Vendor Sponsor

I find it very convenient to hold down the Ctrl button and roll the scroll wheel on the mouse to change things where I can read them. I usually have my Firefox on 133% or 150% zoom.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    That didn't work out for me. I found this online, I'm going to try;

If your referring to the Google url address search box the size of it is determined by your dpi setting,
    Close your browser,
    Click the start button on the taskbar or press the Windows logo key,
    Type in the search box,
    dpi
    Click on make text and other items larger or smaller,
    The default setting is 100% verify and increase it to 125-or click on Custom to use a percentage not listed/ personally I use 140% dpi.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I find it very convenient to hold down the Ctrl button and roll the scroll wheel on the mouse to change things where I can read them. I usually have my Firefox on 133% or 150% zoom.
    Not the problem.

Vendor Sponsor

Made into your Linux Mint distro is the hexchat app, start/internet/hexchat just click that and you will go into the #linuxmint-help channel, you can also type /j #linuxmint-chat which is a chat channel for LM, you can ask questions in either room.

Pretty nifty feature, live help like right now..
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.