MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Hodgdon selling powder direct?

Boolit Master

Hodgdon selling powder direct?

I was just on imrpowder resource data center looking up some loads and noticed they added a "buy it now" button all the way to right side of each load
    clicked on it and took me to a shopping cart page with option for 1lb and 8lb containers and quantity entry place. what do you know they are out of stock of 8208 8lb bottles anyway.

Boolit Master

Yes, I see that now, Thank you

Also H-4227 been discontinued in lieu of IMR-4227

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

So, are there any savings to be had after shipping and hazmat versus buying from Graf, Midsouth, etc.?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Just clicked on "Buy It Now" button and it lead to a 404 error, not found.

Boolit Master
    I was kind of hoping some representative of Hodgdon or Hornady, both the same family aren't they, would have chimed in with an explanation but I guess they don't look at this site.
    prices seem to be at msrp and not discounted at all which is what I believe the prices on powder valley and mid south seem to be but could be a benefit in availability if it is in fact being sold and shipped direct to consumer by Hodgdon.
    as far as I have been led to believe is that h4227 and imr 4227 have always been the same powder just as it has been said that 760 and blc2 are the same powder just different lots

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckO View Post
    Just clicked on "Buy It Now" button and it lead to a 404 error, not found.
    I've just tried (H110) and it worked fine went all the way to checkout page (but didn't go through with it). They might have included HazMat into the price (8lbs jug was $186.95), because I didn't see any notice about haz mat charges. Don't know what they charge for shipping either since you need to provide email in order to move any further.

Boolit Master

When I went through the exercise, I found that base price, shipping, and hazmat were all higher than Grafs, but not excessively higher.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Like everyone in the gun business, nobody (dealers) want to put $ into inventory. Been looking for a CVA scout in 300BO, no luck. Shops will sell what they got in inventory but won't order anything. Lots of LGS will go under, a shame.
    Kinda like when we go to CC purchase only, banks make a profit off EVERY transaction. Amazon and food direct, if you are of the wrong party, no transactions allowed. Bitcoin stuff will even be worse. Total control of the $ supply and USE.
    Whatever!