Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas Check Availability

I just had an e-mail from www.bosesguns.com, 30 cal. gas checks 17.47. Two dollars cheaper than Midway. And from now till Christmas free shipping on orders of 150.00 or more.
    Mugs
    Shoot only Cast Bullets!

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Actual gator price for the same thing is 9.50. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master

Question gas checks

------ Felix please post site for Gator---thx -- Mag_01

Gator has no site anymore. They are a manufacturer and deal in wholesale for the most part. Tell ME what Hornady checks you want, because they are manufacturing checks to their standards. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master

Gas checks

Felix I can use (2) ----- (30 cal.) HRN7070------ (1)----- (7mm) HRN7060-----(1)---- (8mm) HRN7080----Thx.---Mag_01

Exclamation

Guys, I sure wasn't trying to start a new urban internet voice of doom legend with this thread--the bird who told me this is an established dealer between Middlebury and Vergennes, Vermont. If he just got sick of stocking the checks because he did not sell enough to bother with, I wish he would have just said so.....but NOOOOOOOOO, he had to piss on my back and tell me it was raining......well, nothing says I HAVE to do business there again.....
    Lead.

Boolit Grand Master
    Keeper, no worries. Better to have it come out and get clarified than have him or his source "contaminate" the information loop. Not trying to hyperextend an elbow patting ourselves on the back--but the board is becoming one of the "go to" sites for cast boolit information. As such, we have a collective responsibility to the hobby to run down these sorts of brush fires. YES, I recall the primer scares of the late 1980's and through the Clinton Administration. THAT we can do without.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Got to agree about the primer scare--I rolled through it thanks to having many, many rounds already loaded and by never buying less than a thousand primers at a time...........never figured I'd end up having to stockpile gc's but I suppose it never hurts to have a few extra supplies squirelled away--lol
    Lead.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by keeper89
    Guys, I sure wasn't trying to start a new urban internet voice of doom legend with this thread--the bird who told me this is an established dealer between Middlebury and Vergennes, Vermont. If he just got sick of stocking the checks because he did not sell enough to bother with, I wish he would have just said so.....but NOOOOOOOOO, he had to piss on my back and tell me it was raining......well, nothing says I HAVE to do business there again.....
    keeper, before you get too steamed up at your dealer, might want to confirm with him why he told you that. Could be HIS supplier no longer handles checks so he thought none were available. I had this happen to me when I was looking for Herco. Kept running into dead ends and I was sure it was still being made. Turns out a major supplier in this area does not have it in their catalog. Regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

I called Hornady as well and got the same answer, they are still making GC and they are still selling them w/o plans to quite in the foreseeable future.
    R Talley

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Keeper. Thanks for the possible heads up. We need these things. But I must agreee with Deputy AL. If anyone hears any rumors of this type, PLEASE chack them out carefully for correctness. People do come here to get the true story. Keeper, I know you meant no harm, but maybe this thread will keep any panics at a minimum in the future.

You could probably do the whole shooting fraternity a good deed, by returning to the place of business. Find that incestous mother loving wastrel who gave you the bad info, and ask to see the manager of the store. Then, tell them both, what you have found out. Someone who is supposedly selling this stuff, should not be trying to discourage custiomers, just because they are to cheap or lazy to supply the local trade.

As much as I see this area growing, I am still living near a small town. If a business lies to you here, they are out of business, shortly. Word travels fast, if there is a ********ter in the herd. The manager needs to have feedback from customers, or they will let things run down hill.

Kind of like being involved with government, you know?
    Last edited by waksupi; 12-17-2005 at 12:40 AM.

Mag, please send me an PM with your order like so, with your full name, full mailing address, your email address. ... felix

just double click on my name attatched above on this message and find where it says to send me a private message

Felix I can use (2) ----- (30 cal.) HRN7070------ (1)----- (7mm) HRN7060-----(1)---- (8mm) HRN7080----Thx.---Mag_01
    Last edited by felix; 12-17-2005 at 12:40 AM.
    felix

Boolit Buddy

I checked and double checked. T and T Reloading Inc. has the best price i have found. Hornary 30 cal. 1K $15.79 and 44 cal. 1K $19.69. This is still costly? I did not price any other cal. I would sure like to get in on a group buy.

http://www.tntreloading.com/
    SEMPER FI remember you only have the "RIGHTS" you are willing to fight for & except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism, WAR has never solved anything!

Vegas Vince / NRA Benefactor / USMC

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by StarMetal
    Thank God I'm making most my own gaschecks now tho.

Joe
    So Joe....can you give me info on how and where to obtain the tooling to make my own? Are you restricted to making gas checks for only one caliber?

I'd really like to get into this.
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

Banned
    Sorry, I have a mini-lathe and made my own tooling.

Joe

Super Moderator

..............Cayoot, got to the 'Special Projects' forum and scroll down to the "Gas Checks" thread. Joe posted a couple pictures.

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banned

checked there sight and couldnt find gas checks listed.QUOTE=Mugs]Check the prices at www.bosesguns.com. Thier prices just went up but better than Midway.
    Mugs[/QUOTE]

Boolit Mold
    Midsouth shooters supply has all calibers in stock from Hornady and Lyman. Shows Lyman stock as being low though.
    http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/
    And Graf&Son shows Hornady
    http://www.grafs.com/index.php

Boolit Grand Master
    Well, the price rise in gas checks won't drive me away from the furnace. Even 3 cents apiece for the 375 caliber checks beats the price of NosParts for the 9.3 all hollow--by a factor of 10X! To some degree--if you want to play, you gotta pay. I keep telling myself.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot
    ..............Cayoot, got to the 'Special Projects' forum and scroll down to the "Gas Checks" thread. Joe posted a couple pictures.

...............Buckshot
    Thanks Buckshot!
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.