MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disscontinued remington bullet?

Boolit Buddy
    As you may well know, Remington went bankrupt. I know that they came back out of it recently, but some things are bound to be sold off during the reorganization. I grabbed as much Remington brass, bullets and primers as I could. Remmy rimfire ammo is gone near as I can tell. Unfortunately I was too late to grab the 140 grainers for .357, or the Golden Sabers. However the Strategic Condom Bullet Reserve was topped off--mostly with "scalloped" jackets.

Anyway, aside from the SCBR, the day-to-day operations of DWTim "Ranch" are fueled by cast lead. Before I used to cast, I loved those Remington 180 grain .357s. Unfortunately they've been bumped to second place, as the LY358429 with 2400 is just magic for my wheelguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    Maybe the factory is busy loading them into every available case ??

Jack
    Possibly that's the bullet that they load in the 100 pack 38spl+p that our Wally mart sells
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    22 rimfire by the buckets, bricks and boxes at my local Dunham's buckets of 1400 "Golden Bullets" were on sale for 64.99 just last week.
    I use the 300gr. 458 Jkt. HP in my 45-70 There have been periods when they are hard to get then they appear again….this has been going on for perhaps 10 yrs. I suspect they make them in batches and rotate production.
    Last edited by Rick Hodges; 08-25-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Boolit Master
    I quit loading any 125 grain J-bullet in the .357 Magnum back in the 1970's when one of these loads caused a failure (frame crack south of the barrel's forcing cone) in my S&W Model 19 (blue 6"). I shipped that revolver back to S&W and they replaced the frame for free (even installed the original serial number on the new frame!) and returned it with a cautionary note about the issues they were seeing when light bullet 357 Magnum loads were fired in their Model 19 revolvers. Since then I have not used any light bullet loads in any of my 357 Magnum revolvers. I do use these bullets (and even some lighter) in .38 Special revolvers without issue.

Boolit Grand Master
    Thin Man--sorry to read about the cracking issue you had with your Model 19. We had A LOT of Model 19s in service back in the 1980s when I started as a range officer at work (1983), and we were prevailed upon by S&W to check for these cracks. The warnings specific to the 125 grain 357 Magnum loads came a few years later. I didn't see any cracked K-frames during this time, and I did not of any being detected at work. We used W-W 110 grain 38 Special +P JHPs as our issue carry load from the time I started in 1977 until Winchester quit making them. We had quite a stockpile to go through, they didn't move much once autopistols came on board in 1987. But the inventory eventually thinned out, and with the W-W 110 out-of-print the shop chose the Rem 125 +P as its 38 Special duty load a few years before I retired (2005). I shot about 200 of the 125s through my 686 x 4" during this time, and they seemed like a good, accurate load that would do good work on varmints to 50 yards+ in a good revolver. I just shoot very few jacketed bullets these days--and I don't shoot Special cases in Magnum chambers. I don't shoot +P loads in my late-40s Colt OMT or my early-60s S&W Model 10, either. So these +P 38s have become A Cartridge Without A Country at my house.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    EVERGLADESAMMO.COM has a similar one but they are not that cheap. I keep a stash of them around for 9mm.