RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any experience with Tramadol pain medication?

Wife has tried Tramadol and had no problems getting off it.

Her drug of choice is Tylenol and codeine.

Boolit Master

I use Tramadol about once a day (on wake up), I uae about 60 over two months.
    I am not addicted, but as most seem to feel, pain relief is minimal.
    Gun control is not about guns.

FWIW - I bought a cheap "inversion table", the things you hang upside down with, used it 3-4 times and it helped my lumbar stenosis a lot. And I've never hung upside down with it, I only go far enough to slant me head-down some, just enough to take the compression off and let my spine stretch out some. Gotta be careful, if you try to go too far or upside down right off the bat, you can freak out all your back muscles and throw 'em into spasm.

But I hate taking pain pills, I keep some Vicoden on-hand just in case, but those things make me trip when I'm trying to sleep, and make me itch all over too, especially my nose.

Boolit Master

I rode the Tram for about two years. It actually worked very well for me till I had a major flareup in my back. I only took it as needed and had no problems with it.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    It works for me when I need it. I have venous stasis ulcers on my leg/ankle and I sometimes need one at night (3-5 nights a week) to help calm the ol' leg down as it changes sizes after laying down. It usually gives me enough relief to get to sleep. It is not nearly as effective as Percodan (can't take actominophin, so no Percoset), but they are stingy with Percodan these days. I have never noticed any need to increase my Tramodol, not any problems when I don't need it, but then I only take one a night, and only a few days a week. I guess it doesn't build up much dependency in that dosage. I would not think it would provide nearly enough relief for any really serious pain, as it only takes the edge off of my leg pain for an hour or so, but that is sometime enough to let me slide off to sleep.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    I am currently o it off an on for the past three years for chronic back pain. (bulging disk and a pinched nerve) i can go off it with out any issues for months on end until i get a flair up. Its not as good as some of the other stuff. But i can work on it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

That is is pretty much my experience. I started using it after developing an ulcer from NSAIDS. Tramadol makes me relaxed but not stoned. It is a good sleep aid.

my sympathies to those suffering from pain and withdrawal from painkillers.

Banned

for me it works like codeine.
    I still have the pain I just don't care that it hurts.

I have seen it make others taking it about as loopy as if they took 4-5 muscle relaxers.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Tramadol pain medication

I am able to drive a school bus . I take one in am and 1 at noon. It doesn't kill all the pain, but if I dont take the one at noon. I know I didnt take it.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Tramadol pain medication

I am able to drive a school bus . I take one in am and 1 at noon. It doesn't kill all the pain, but if I dont take the one at noon. I know I didnt take it.
    Does the school district know you are driving a school bus while taking narcotics?

Just asking!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Does the school district know you are driving a school bus while taking narcotics?

Just asking!
    Absolutely, I even pass drug test for the last 10 yrs It does not efect driving
    Last edited by DCP; 04-14-2017 at 11:06 AM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

No personal experience, but the wife has problems with back, hips, and knees. She has tramadol and says it does almost nothing so she doesn't take it. The only heavy drugs I ever had was when I had 7 teeth pulled and they cracked my jaw. I took one oxycodone and the side effects were over the top. I still have the rest, but prefer the pain to the side effects.
    I expect if I had much more severe pain I might think differently.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Buddy
    My experience was positive.

I ended up taking it for cervical pain. I'm the guy that winds up silly on even the smallest doses of most narcotics. A small dose of tramadol was enough to take away the sharpest of the pain without me acting like a drunkard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I currently have a family member who's going through methadone treatment because of tramadol. She absolutely abused it. All I heard was how non addictive it was and how she was fine. Lots of stolen things later she's finally getting the help she needs. Be careful w/ it because it's just as additive as other pain killers.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Absolutely, I even pass drug test for the last 10 yrs It does not efect driving
    That's good! But I did do a Google search and for many folks it does effect their driving.

I take hydrocodone, and can drive with that in my system.

It's a good idea tho to have your prescription bottle with you just in case!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    That's good! But I did do a Google search and for many folks it does effect their driving.

I take hydrocodone, and can drive with that in my system.

It's a good idea tho to have your prescription bottle with you just in case!
    prescription bottle wont save you from a DUI.

Moderator Emeritus

Roger, the hardest thing about many meds today, and perhaps all of them really, is that "human variability" factor. One person can take meds that another may not. I've had a bit of experience with that sort of thing, and as you note about the opiates, it ain't no fun a'tall when you have bad side effects. But the worst part is you can't know what will affect you badly and what won't until AFTER you take them! This is the "Catch 22" in the deal.

It's a lot like food allergies. One man can eat a tomato and just relish every bite. Another may break out in hives, and even go into anafalaxis if they eat one. And you can't know or even guess until AFTER you've tried them!

I'd be a poor one to give advice, but such as I have is that it may be best to just try it initially, and if bad side effects ensure, ask the doc ahead of time whether you can stop it suddenly, or whether you need to "taper off" it. In this life, we're just not always given to know how things will work until after we try them. This is just one of those type things. Good luck, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    RogerDat..prayer sent for a quick recovery and freedom from the pain meds.
    Thanks for that. Seems like there is a fair number of us out there.

Appreciate the information. I'm going to talk with the pharmacist too. I have a fairly high tolerance for pain and a low tolerance for drugs. I guess you could say I get a lot of bang for the buck with pills.

Funny to see someone else allergic to Tylenol (acetaminophen) I guess it is an uncommon allergy. Had a script for vicoprofen (with advil) rather than vicodin (with Tylenol) after my disk problem for that reason, and Dr. would prescribe that on an as needed basis. Was my chicken switch. If pain was bad enough I couldn't sleep or get any relief then I would take one. Never more than a couple of days, generally at night so I could sleep. If I took it more than a couple of times a day for about 4 days I would spend a couple of days with flashes of flue like symptoms. So I kept use under that threshold.

On one hand we dispense drugs like candy that make pot look like mothers milk for side effects, on the other hand the government and nanny types are cracking down so hard people can't get what they need for chronic pain. I wouldn't want to be addicted but if it was a choice between an addiction or raging pain, I guess I would rather take drugs that left me addicted.

And it is also pretty clear Dr's don't really know how it will effect the individual. Or if it will be effective or detrimental.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

In Remembrance

It does seem to help w pain, though I agree w many above that it is mildly analgesic.

Prob w withdrawal is not so much the opioid but the serotonin withdrawal syndrome. that can be unpleasant as well.

here's the short Wikipedia entry on it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tram...and_withdrawal
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Quote Originally Posted by xdmalder View Post
    Smoke some pot.
    That would depend on if pot is legal where the OP is, and the strength of the pot. Really potent pot probably would not be a good idea.

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    I was on it, 50 mg x 4 times a day. Cut the pain to mostly tolerable. In the morning, I would drive to work, then take the first dose.

I quit taking it, because it really wasn't helping, just masking the pain and not the issue. Finally seeing a neurologist, he is having me try another drug, and is considering Botox injections for specific locations. But, on the flip side, I'm alive!!!!!

For my wife, it would knock her loopy.