RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Wideners
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheap containers you use for stuff?

Boolit Master

That does give me a new (to me) idea though. Prescription pill bottles for lube sizer dies!

Banned

Export Soda tins - they hold a lot - they stack very well - they are the perfect diameter for the garage shelves.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0003010013219-500x500.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	177605

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Haven't seen a film container in years now that everyone's gone digital. Great idea though.
    On Amazon you can buy like 12-15 of them for $10-12, a friend of mine used to keep them for carb jets and other small parts for motorcycles he worked on.

Boolit Master
    In days gone by the 1 hour picture developer kiosks that used to be in malls, would give you however many they had accumulated free. I have a good supply.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

That does give me a new (to me) idea though. Prescription pill bottles for lube sizer dies!
    Gee, thought everyone probably knew about that one; they also work great for Lee Case Trimmer sets and all kinds of loose small parts like springs and screws. I peel off the labels, clean the glue with alcohol, and write contents on bottles with a Sharpie.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    Cosco nut containers work great for all sorts of stuff, stuff and more stuff.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post
    Gee, thought everyone probably knew about that one; they also work great for Lee Case Trimmer sets and all kinds of loose small parts like springs and screws. I peel off the labels, clean the glue with alcohol, and write contents on bottles with a Sharpie.

Bill
    I 've been doing that for a very long time. They also work great for lube size die.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    The little ones hold 500 + gas checks or 100 ready to go 225-55s . The tall boys will hold 4 full moons of 45 ACP while the short big bores are perfect for a spare BlackHawk or 1858 Remington cylinder . 14 every quarter at my house .
    When filling a prescription at Walmart I asked and that sweet lady asked which lid I wanted and if 1 was enough when I asked if I could get a tall large bottle . No charge.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master

Your fav eatery throws away the mayonnaise jars. I ask every time I go in, and seldom leave empty-handed.
    Bakeries have plastic tubs from 1 quart to 3 gal. w/lids.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Buddy
    I use brake pad boxes from my local automotive shop to store boolits in. Wagner makes good brake pads, but their boxes are awesome to store boolits. I also get my wheel weights from them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    For serious ammo storage I use this guy. He's local to me and his boxes are AWESOME!

His website is a little tricky to navigate, but his product is perfect and very tidy.

http://www.repackbox.com/protect_ammo.asp
    I cut my own boxes from old cereal and cracker boxes.

One of the local supermarkets has a deli / bakery department that will give me 1 gallon plastic buckets with gasketed lids for free. (Their frosting and fruit filling comes in them) They work great for lots of stuff, brass, wads, but not for storing lead ingots, the handles rip off. As mentioned, peanut butter jars are great. I always pick up all the little plastic trays I see at the thrift store. They are great for sorting brass.

Once the bags are open, I pour my lead shot into empty 2-liter pop bottles (no spills). Three will fit nicely in the one-gallon buckets, so long as I careful when lifting the bucket by the handle.
    My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.- Rodney Dangerfield

Boolit Master

Some awesome ideas here guys! Thanks!

Boolit Master

I've been using drink mix containers, the round plastic ones for lemon aid and ice tea. The labels come off easily and they stack well. Tim

Boolit Master
    I have fallen in love with the blue bunny ice cream containers. A marker will work great on them, but I usually use a sticky, because they are mainly used for separating headstamps. I also use them for some storage, but they are great for cleaning black powder guns.
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Plus one on the Blue Bunny ice cream containers!!!! Also, at your Wal-Mart bakery, they will give you all the 3 gallon buckets you are able to carry off! Just clean 'em up good and they have gasketed lids for them also! JIF peanut butter jars, yogurt containers. The better half says now I'm a hoarder! ........... Well, yeah!!! Hahaha!!!!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Home Depot sometimes has 6 qt. plastic containers in 4 packs for around $4 I use them for brass storage, you can just see some in the shelf at the left side of the bench. About the size of a large shoe box. Bottom two shelves. Hold close to 1,000 .223 or .38 special brass. Less than that of larger rifle but still up around 500.
    Attachment 177511
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sterilite...0096/206920258
    At first look I thought you were talking about the Homer Buckets visible to the right of the chair!
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

The USPS flat rate boxes are commonly found. We are encouraged to recycle them so I do.
    I find them a great source of uniformly sized convenient containers, and they can be reinforced for strength.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    Pill containers for cut wads, percussion cap tins for small screws, fake cream containers (look like Folger can in OP) for rinsing BPC brass before tumbling (and storage), those large cat litter jars for cleaning ML barrels in. I use the containers I get deli salads in to store freshly cast boolits and sort them by weight. Being able to see through some of these containers means they don't have to be marked and only used for one thing.

I'm always on the scout for those little shampoo bottles in motels that have the integral snap top. These are perfect for small amounts of moose milk type cleaning solutions, and they fit in my shooting box and don't leak. A full one will take care of a surprising number of range sessions. No screw top to fall out of greasy hands and get lost.

My parents were Depression era kids and when a new marvel came along they saved it and reused it. Before Saran Wrap, they reused "Pliofilm" bread bags for refrigerator storage. Tinfoil and wax paper were the only alternatives back then. "These kids today, tsk, tsk" don't know how well they have it!

I guess I fall in with those that feel our throwaway culture is somehow unnatural. These everyday artifacts are marvels of design, execution and economy, and would probably be worth elephant tusks and beaver pelts if traded to another culture.

Boolit Master
    Homer buckets are great for storing brass though a little heavy when full of 9mm brass.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    At first look I thought you were talking about the Homer Buckets visible to the right of the chair!

Attachment 177666
    Did I mention I like Folgers? I get them at work.
    Use a marker between the hand holds, erase with Acetone when needed.
    I've got many more than that used for different applications.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.