Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: Just an FYI for anyone thinking getting into ESPC

Just an FYI for anyone thinking getting into ESPC

I know most here end up with the HF gun and thats what I started with too. It works ok, but color changes, powder flow, etc are all a pain. I got tired of the HF gun coughing up clups of powder all the time. Eastwood sells their single voltage gun for $89, you can get spare bottles for about $1.33 each (3.99/3) and its a much better setup. Just dont use the spreader on the tip and you can get a really tight pattern. The voltage is higher also! I think the HF gun runs about 5kv while the eastwood is 11kv. I know when I switched, it made a world of difference. Not affiliated with them at all, just thought it might help out anyone wanting to get into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Good find. The HF unit is a little less but bulkier. Caswell unit is about the same $ with a discount and works well.
    Last edited by popper; 05-09-2016 at 08:57 PM.
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Good find. The HF unit is a little less but bulier. Caswell unit is about the same $ with a discount and works well.
    I looked at the caswell unit when i was shopping. Looked too much like the HF model and i was worried it was just a rebrand. Good to know it might not be. For boolit pc, any will work. I do a ton of the stainless cups that have gotten so popular (Yeti, Rtic, etc) so I ended up with an eastwood dual voltage. Ive been impressed for the money, but its overkill for boolits.

This is why I mentioned that the color changes were much easier!

Boolit Man
    Does anyone have a link where I can get info and maybe able to get the Eastwood gun?

Quote Originally Posted by woody290 View Post
    Does anyone have a link where I can get info and maybe able to get the Eastwood gun?
    http://www.eastwood.com/paints/hotco...Brand-Eastwood
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Man
    Thanks!!!!

Eastwood is usually the cheapest place to get the gun although back in october I got mine for less than the eastwood price off ebay.

Boolit Buddy
    The dual voltage is on an even bigger sale for $99. $60 off of regular price. I didn't look into it to see if it's better than the single volt yet though, but only $10 more! ...it's got me thinking of upgrading. -Brad

Quote Originally Posted by birdadly View Post
    The dual voltage is on an even bigger sale for $99. $60 off of regular price. I didn't look into it to see if it's better than the single volt yet though, but only $10 more! ...it's got me thinking of upgrading. -Brad
    I use it all the time (almost daily). Its a good gun for the money. You get higher voltages (15kv and 25kv) which should translate to less wasted powder. Its mainly for multiple coats though. I do think its overkill for just doing bullets but for $10 more, it might be worth it. I wouldnt go by their retail vs "sale" prices. They have been on "sale" for 6 months now!