Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox

Thread: chamber reamers

Boolit Master

chamber reamers

Where's the best place to rent reamers?

Boolit Grand Master

I have only rented one. The PO claimed they delivered it but it didn't come for three more days so I got stuck for the late fee so now for the one time use reamers I purchase new and sell on ebay.

Banned
    I have rented a few from reamerrentals.com in the past. I had no problems with them cutting, sent them back in time and was done. Never have rented from 4-D so can't comment.

Boolit Buddy
    I have had real good service from 4D reamer rental

Terry

Boolit Master
    I use 4-D reamer rentals.
    Not had a problem with them other than 1 that was a little dull.
    Let them know it needed sharpening and they said thanks.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    I have an upcoming re-barreling/re-chambering project I'm working and I too have wondered about renting a reamer as apposed to buying. My problem is that my work schedule is such that I don't know when I'll have the free time to do the reaming operation so it's hard to know exactly when to put in my order for the rental-reamer.

I the past, when I re-barreled my Enfield I ended up just buying the reamer for the very same reason. I still have that reamer. I haven't sold it because it's been altered and I've dreamt of doing another project using the same reamer.

Here's a thought: I think there's enough guys on this cast-boolits site that do this kind of stuff that maybe we should
    consider renting or loaning out our reamers to one-another. I know that to some here this may sound ludicrous so go ahead and laugh but, to those who aren't in this camp it's something to consider.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master
    Hollow point, like the reamer co-op over at Mauser central. It may actually be on another site but linked thru Mauser Central. I've thought about joining it.

Ive rented several reamers from 4-D and have always been pleased with the reamers and the service.
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfer View Post
    Hollow point, like the reamer co-op over at Mauser central. It may actually be on another site but linked thru Mauser Central. I've thought about joining it.

Ive rented several reamers from 4-D and have always been pleased with the reamers and the service.
    I'm sure 4-D and other reamer rental places are reliable. My problem is just a timing issue. I'll most likely just buy the reamer I need and then figure out what to do with it afterwards.

I actually found one in the caliber I wanted on Ebay but, since I was unsure of what kind of use it had received prior to the guy trying to sell it, I was reluctant to take a chance on buying it. (pretty decent price too)

HollowPoint

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I have only rented one. The PO claimed they delivered it but it didn't come for three more days so I got stuck for the late fee so now for the one time use reamers I purchase new and sell on ebay.
    That is where I am now - have them ground to my print and if one use only - sell them.
    Rifle projects are too costly in time and material to have a second best chamber that might have to be recut. Or is it - Life is just too short.

I guess I would rent one to fix a hand gun chamber or cylinder maybe.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post

That's what I do from now on, popular reamers often go for as much or even more than the cost of a new one (figure that one out!) and buying new you will have a good sharp reamer that will cut a nice slick chamber with no scratches from nicks, etc. Even after Ebay fees the last new reamer cost me a grand total of $3.80 and that was for a brand new PTG reamer!
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Master

Could any of you supply the web site address's

Boolit Mold
    4D Reamers: http://www.4-dproducts.com/

Jeff