Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox

Thread: Review of the Craftsman (or Ebay) spray gun??

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.

Review of the Craftsman (or Ebay) spray gun??

I know that several of you have either bought the Craftsman or the Ebay spray gun to do your ESPC. Have you got a review of it that you could share? Here is an example of the one that I am asking about:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Craftsma...70807374&rt=nc
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I bought one several months go and did a very extensive review on it here. Tried to find it but as usual, the search engine yields everything BUT what I want!!!!!!

I have had very good luck with it. Same results as the HF gun without hooking up the compressor hoses!

Mine was purchased thru Amazon, not EvilBay, and is NOT a Craftsman. No name on it. Craftsman quit making that gun several years ago due to problems.... so I have read. This must be a different design, because it works GREAT.

banger

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Ahh... here's a thread that I had forgotten about. Any updates from folks now after using it a while?
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...upply-needed!)
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    I am still quite happy with mine. I do not only PC like some here but it does a very good job and oversprays much less than the HF gun.

Downside is that it seems to have a sweet spot in how it likes to be held and the amount of powder in the reservoir. It is definitely not difficult to use though and I would recommend it over the HF gun if you lack the space to leave the HF gun constantly plugged in.

I have used HF and smoke's powders with no issue. Coverage is lighter and more uniform with greater ease than I can get from the HF gun, and I think a minimal coat is desirable.

I will try and update everyone once it warms up here. I got mine in late Oct but only was able to use it once but it worked good. Just need to be careful on the overspray.

It's -28 here with the wind chill right now so I don't dare going into my unheated garage. But off to shoot an indoor USPSA match in a few.

Boolit Grand Master

I wish the one I bought had worked, but mebbe I got a lemon (no Craftsman name on mine, I got it from an ebay seller). The one I had leaked more powder than it sprayed. Very hard to remove/replace the powder cup. Broke the cup locking lever on the third attempt. Sent it back for a refund.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    I wish the one I bought had worked, but mebbe I got a lemon (no Craftsman name on mine, I got it from an ebay seller). The one I had leaked more powder than it sprayed. Very hard to remove/replace the powder cup. Broke the cup locking lever on the third attempt. Sent it back for a refund.
    Don't trust Ebay for stuff like this. (or anything as far as I am concerned.) I bought mine from AMAZON from a seller on there and it carried a 100% Amazon guarantee, as well as my CC 100% guarantee. Mine worked perfectly right out of the box. Flawless.

None of the NEW ones you see on Amazon are Craftsman. Sears quit making and selling them several years ago for numerous performance problems. The one I have LOOKS like Craftsman, but must be built different, as it works 100%. No label.

Any Craftsman brand you see will be used/old/probably not working right. Avoid Craftsman branded guns. Avoid Ebay!

Buy a new one........the one off Amazon. Around $50. Well worth it to me to not deal with used/unknown garbage off evilbay.

bangerjim

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    BangerJim,

The unfortunate thing is Amazon doesn't appear to carry that gun any more.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFloweryBranchGA View Post
    BangerJim,

The unfortunate thing is Amazon doesn't appear to carry that gun any more.
    Guess not. Haven't looked in several weeks. Guess we cleaned them out! I would be afraid of that $120 Craftsman gun. Stick with the ~$60 gun from HF.

And what about the maroons selling the Harbor Freight (different name) gun for $105-140!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Ebay has the Craftsman gun for 59 bucks.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFloweryBranchGA View Post
    Ebay has the Craftsman gun for 59 bucks.
    The junker I bought was advertised as "Craftsman" too, but none of the literature, nor box markings, nor the gun itself said Craftsman...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

Mine sets on a shelf after only being used a couple of times. I bought it just before all the info about plastic BB's and plastic bowls. I "swirl" all my cast now.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine works fine - I got an actual "Craftsman" branded one (came in a blow-molded plastic box.) Craftsman didn't make them, they just slapped their sticker on them. Same as a lot of other stuff they sell or have sold in the past. I did my review on Amazon.