Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mmm, coffee

Moderator Emeritus

Get up around 11AM(extreme night owl, fell asleep at 6am last night), shower, get dressed, crank up the corn stove to warm up the house, grab a 14 oz glass of V8 and a coke. Coffee only if I am out of coke then it is Folgers. Turn on the ham radio and listen to Alex Jones while I check my cooking and alternative energy sites...

Boolit Master
    Coffee, throne/news, shower, coffee/CAST BOOLITS, coffee/breakfast, computer work or machine shop work.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy

farmerjim,
    I've been a diabetic for 17 years ..... Most nights I sleep till about 6 before having to pee, on bad nights I usually know what the cause is ....
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1989toddm View Post
    Home roasted coffee through a french press(way better flavor than a drip machine)
    You know it!
    Been roasting my own for 7-8 years and there is no better way.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

back in the early 90s I shot trouble at night for kcpl,worked by the folgers plant sometimes .when they roasted it smelled so good.i wish coffee tasted that good.
    OldArkie

Up at 4-4:30, turn on the Bunn and then the puter. Drink first pot, then make another one. I will drink almost any coffee, but usually it is Community Medium or Dark Roast. I am a morning geezer and the "barefoot" style coffee (no additives like cream or sugar) makes the mornings even better. This morning I sat on the front porch looking at the fog drift over the water--no sunrise to enjoy this am, but was a balmy 68 degrees at 5 am.

My old daddy, God rest his soul, used to say there is no bad coffee, just some better than others. I used to say I only drank coffee when awake, but in my later years can not drink it right up 'till bedtime or I suffer from the "high test caf overload. Raining here and I am on third pot--boss lady does not drink it anymore so I have no competition. I wanted to move a milling machine today, but may have to wait--too bad as I have 6' 4" 230 grandson to help today, Life is good in my world.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldarkie View Post
    back in the early 90s I shot trouble at night for kcpl,worked by the folgers plant sometimes .when they roasted it smelled so good.i wish coffee tasted that good.
    I work just down the road from the Folgers plant in New Orleans East. Man does it smell good in our parking lot some mornings.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Grand Master

Folgers Classic Roast in a GE percolator unless I'm camping, then of course it's Ol' Blue on a Coleman stove. No dog to let out these days but I'll probably correct that soon. Drinking coffee and posting on CB in the morning is a special treat for weekends, I'm usually at work before most civilized feet hit the floor.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Awake waiting on the 5:00 alarm, feet on floor, and heading to john for SSS. To kitchen to start coffee and breakfast. Call SWMBO to the table and serve. Old habits are hard to break.
    No pets to deal with, but getting 4 grand kids ready and to school usually takes till 8:15.
    CB is next and, yes the good swap & sell is already gone.

I get up in the morning and put the coffee on to get done and get dress and then put the dogs out in there pen and then clean up after them and change there water and then grab a cup and then got on here and see what is going on after I fininsh the first cup go out and get the dogs in and feed them at the same time i eat because one is a puppy still and one s 13 years old they both have different food to eat and after I am done eating and the older one is done I grab my 3rd cup and see what is on TV for news most of the time and the puppy is still eats most of the time and then get on here again and go form there.As for the kind of coffee it is the cheap one i can buy.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    No, that wasn't yesterday morning. I was up all night gutting, skinning, and butchering reindeer. Strange, as I usually don't see them this far south.
    Well, Ric, I was waiting a spell to say anything, but you need to know that Santa was a might peeved when he arrived in Oklahoma with only part of his team. He told me to pass along that you need NOT put up a tree or decorate next year, an definitely NO stocking hung on the mantle! He said something else about something being hung, and something about balls (I don't think he was talking about Christmas balls), but I didn't get all of it. I'm afraid it may take a good while for him to get over this. Just passin' it along...
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Bah, humbug!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Wife gets up at 4, I take the dog out about 7-8, brew another cup of whatever she left in the 1 cupper. Sometimes it's Gevailia. Make the bed (sometimes) then CB unless I got early chores to do. Oldarkie - that would be the Hawthorne plant by the river?
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    After hearing all the + things about 2 cups of Joe each day, I started drinking it again after years on not. Diet Pepsi in the AM.

BP and heart rate went thru the roof after 3 months of coffee! Not good.

So no more coffee for me. Now it is water w/ice, cranberry juice, and the like. Cut out ALL caffinated and diet sweetened beverages too.

BP back to 100/65 where is has been for years. Resting rate now 68-72 where it has been for years. I do cardio ever other day and walk/run at least 3 miles/week.

Enjoy your coffee. I can't.

banger

ps. I feed the cats (outside only).....don't have or want dogs!

popper when I worked for par electric we changed a lot of high line poles in and around the hawthorn plant but never got any good coffee there.
    OldArkie

Boolit Master
    Wake up, let the dogs out the back door (fenced in back yards are great) start my coffee pot (Dunkin Donuts regular blend, wife's favorite, and since she does the shopping, she gets to pick) fire up the computer, log onto CB, about then the dogs want back in and my cup is full. Then I sit down and enjoy my "quiet time."

Boolit Grand Master

I"m not retired, yet. I usually leave the house early and meet the retired guys and farmers at the coffee shop and solve the latest world problems before work! I'm on the coffee and the CB site early on the weekends unless hunting season is going on.

Boolit Grand Master

It's not that coffee is important but it would certainly be the end of me if any blood ever got into my caffeine system.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

OldArkie - I did estimating for Evans fo a while. Par was one of the good ones there. Some real silk suit snakes there too. We did a lot of Claycomo work too.
    Whatever!

popper I worked for par most of the time from 1979 tru 96 good to work for,we didn't get around the estimators much ,in the hooks all day.
    OldArkie