Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Woooo hooooo got me some 4895 today

Woooo hooooo got me some 4895 today

Yeeee Hawwww.... A buddy smugg er. Opps... Brought me 2 1lb jugs of 4895 today... Wooo hooo.... Havent seen any of this in so long, I forgot what it looks like... Very purty purple plastic jugs.... Last time I had any of this it was in a metal can...lol....

Now.... What to do with it...

In Remembrance
    Sounds like more sore 375 type shoulder. lol

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I got a lb of 4895, but if I ever see a 8 lb jug of Unique again, I'm gonna snatch it up and bring it home and put it under my bed and sleep on it!!!!
    Sorry for hogging up a big jug all to myself...... but a 8 lb'er will hold me for two years.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

Unique has become far too unique. Sorry for the pun, I just shot the last of my 30-30 loaded with Unique today. I wonder when I will be able to make some more.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Finally seeing some more powders on LGS shelves around here, & raised primer limits from 200 to 400... Picked up 2# H4895 the other day, which I haven't seen since I first started reloading a couple years ago. Also noted with some surprise that it was now cheaper than the IMR stuff (which was also on the shelf).

Stopped in today after work on a whim & saw a lonely pound of Unique sitting there lookin all neglected, so I brought it home with me - Haven't seen any of that in almost as long! I threw it in with the one other pound I'm 'hoarding' to see if they'll reproduce!!

Boolit Master
    Ah, I got that stuff months ago.....

Found it on gunbot, and picked up several pounders, along with Varget, and 300-MP. I know the feeling though. I went about a year and a half without any H4895. Get some red dot to plink with too while you are at it.

Boolit Grand Master

I know the feeling. I was happy yet mad at the same time. I was able to pick up 4895 in jugs. But there was no break in price compared to the one pounders. I won't complain about $25 a pound though.

I would love to find some shotgun powder.... Any shotgun powder.... Havent seen any forever.... If it wasnt for my stash of unique, about 6 lbs left, i wouldnt be shooting shot shell at all...

Boolit Master
    Hey, if I had time for a vacation in Alaska I would bring you some.My wife and I were planning one this summer, but I have to much to take care of till next summer. Maybe then I can go fishing up there.By then Alaskans would have forgot the name Todd Hoffman, and the Oregon idiots so I should be good. I stashed clays, universal,red dot, and blue dot before all of this garbage started rolling downhill. I haven't used clays in 3 years, and the universal has been collecting dust. That reminds me, I should play with that lyman 525 12g mold some more, and see if I can get a decent load that doesn't blow wads.
    I like the shotgun powders for pistol loads, but have started to go back to ball powder. It seems to give better results in the accuracy department.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by YunGun View Post
    Finally seeing some more powders on LGS shelves around here, & raised primer limits from 200 to 400... Picked up 2# H4895 the other day, which I haven't seen since I first started reloading a couple years ago. Also noted with some surprise that it was now cheaper than the IMR stuff (which was also on the shelf).

Stopped in today after work on a whim & saw a lonely pound of Unique sitting there lookin all neglected, so I brought it home with me - Haven't seen any of that in almost as long! I threw it in with the one other pound I'm 'hoarding' to see if they'll reproduce!!
    May I have "pick of the litter"?
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Master

Your in business now - Make it last.
    Being human is not for sissies.

lol You are right.... Just need to see what I want to reload with it.... I dont wanna just spread it all over my different reloading Cali's.. I will use it for something specific and use it up... I wonder how it would do in my 375 h&h.... Would love to give it a try with the Lyman 375449

ag

Vendor Sponsor

3 Lbs of reloader 15
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

In Remembrance
    AKGuy have you ever used steel powder??