MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: News Flash!!! No more 22LR

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    Yes, to the first question. This is certainly the case at least once locally that I'm aware of, and I feel certain that the trend isn't limited to the High Desert in CA. The manipulating, grasping, thieving nature of drug addiction--especially methamphetamine dependance--lends itself to courses of conduct of this nature. And NO, I'm NOT saying that a majority of the strippers & flippers are drunks & addicts--but I feel certain that some portion of these parasites are engaged in diverting ammo into resale scams. It is a lot less work and a lot more time-profitable than stealing copper wiring, a favorite money source of meth heads nationwide.

As for the PRC currently, I have no idea and even less interest. What I do know is that at the time Mao Zedong and his cadres assumed power in the late 1940s, a point of emphasis by that lot was to liquidate known opium addicts whenever and wherever found. They made no bones about doing so, and believed that they were cleansing society through their actions. NO, I am NOT advocating that American government pursue a similar line in dealing with drug addiction. Hell, just the cash-flow interruption to the criminal defense legal community from such actions would shake the nation to its very foundations.

I wish I could argue with the point about druggies and the lengths they will go but unfortunately from what i have seen here you are spot on in your assessment and yes at least one locally is at the flea market every weekend selling RF ammo in plastic sandwich baggies, he's the culprit I had in mind when I posted that license thing. These damned meth heads here will steal anything that's not nailed down and even that's no guarantee, but woe be onto you if you hurt one of the scum if you catch them in the act!

Just a comical side note, a few years ago we still had satellite internet and late one night before bed I thought I heard something outside, we live on a farm way back in the boonies with no close neighbors so there was absolutely no reason for anyone to be within hearing distance. I took my Marlin lever rifle and went out the back door to see one of these scum bags trying to remove the satellite dish from it's post, I sneaked along a row of hedges, all the while trying to decide how to confront him, until I was within 10 ft or less behind him. At that point, with his back toward me and him completely unaware of my presence, I took one more step and quickly fired a heavy load 45/70 round up into air just as he bent over to pick up something from the ground. I don't know if meth gives a person bionic strength but that scum bag came up so fast he finished knocking the dish loose with his head and then hit about 60 MPH running down the hill through a blackberry thicket, I don't think a Jack Rabbit could have gone through those briars as quickly! I still get a laugh at that idiot running through those briars every time I think about it!

I hear this over and over. There are 4,170 Wal-Marts in the U.S., that means that 8,240 guys are buying up all of the .22 ammo that Wal-Mart gets. GIVE ME A BREAK!
    Well 1 wal mart gets 3000 22lr x4,170 =1,251,000 rounds per dayx365=4,566,150,000/year that's over 4 billion!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Garyshome View Post
    I hear this over and over. There are 4,170 Wal-Marts in the U.S., that means that 8,240 guys are buying up all of the .22 ammo that Wal-Mart gets. GIVE ME A BREAK!
    Well 1 wal mart gets 3000 22lr x4,170 =1,251,000 rounds per dayx365=4,566,150,000/year that's over 4 billion!

Not exactly sure what your point is but if you saying it's ridiculous to think that 2 guys at each Wal-Mart is buying up all the 22 Ammo then you're right about that but what's wrong with what you're saying is that it's not just two guys, it's always a long line of people and at the Wal-Mart here locally that's EVERY Saturday morning! The same two guys (or 5 or 6 or however many) may be there every time and usually at the head of the line but there are always a BUNCH more lined up with them! The sporting goods workers simply cut open the containers, scan each box/brick and hand them out while another rings them up until there are usually none left, any that does make it to the shelf disappears quickly! This is not rumor and it's not BS I, and a lot of others here, have both seen it and been in that line!

It's not just two people at each store it's a BUNCH of people and if you haven't seen it for yourself all you have to do is ask the counter person!

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by oldred View Post

It's not just two people at each store it's a BUNCH of people and if you haven't seen it for yourself all you have to do is ask the counter person!
    And you know this for a fact that your statement is true nation wide at all Wal-Marts and big box stores. Man alive you've been a busy little elf.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    And you know this for a fact that your statement is true nation wide at all Wal-Marts and big box stores. Man alive you've been a busy little elf.
    What the dickens is it with you man, you damn right I know it for a fact and so do most other people! Get off your butt and go see for yourself or at least ask the people in the store, IT'S A FACT GET OVER IT!!

What the dickens is it with you man, you damn right I know it for a fact and so do most other people! Get off your butt and go see for yourself or at least ask the people in the store, IT'S A FACT GET OVER IT!!
    No I do Not know it for a fact, and neither do you, but it is your opinion and nothing more!

Now I see you seem to have the need to revert to slightly vulgar language.

Thanks for telling a Disabled Vet to get off his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    Let em hoard. Estate sales are only going to get more and more attractive.
    It just so happened that north of Altus Oklahoma about 3 months ago a coworker of my wife died from cancer. His wife thought he only had about 4 guns but they had several tables of guns and ammo set out for the estate auction. He had 30 or 40 bricks of .22 LR and one guy got the bid for $87 and his choice on what boxes he wanted. He said he would take them all so he purchased 30 to 40 bricks of .22 LR for $87 each. He couldn't be a reseller because there would not be enough profit in it.

Now for the big BUT, about 3 days later I stopped in at Walmart and they had the Winchester 525 round bricks available for $22 a brick. Limit of 3. So I purchased 3, 525 round bricks for $66. It is still hard to find .22 LR on the shelf at our Altus Walmart but every so often I see a few 50 round boxes for $3.27 and I purchase my limit of 3. My best friend is in the process of making a trade of a S&W Model 76 9mm machine gun for an American 180 .22 LR Machine gun. I used to think that it was a great idea because I found it hard to reload for machine guns but at 1900 rounds per minute that American 180 sure eats up the .22 LR.
    Life member NRA since 1983

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imag...113199d940.png

"I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    No I do Not know it for a fact, and neither do you, but it is your opinion and nothing more!

Now I see you seem to have the need to revert to slightly vulgar language.

Thanks for telling a Disabled Vet to get off his butt.
    Group hug? No? How about we all grow up, respect each other's personal opinion, and move on?

Boolit Master

Or just ignore jcwit. That's what I did months ago. I see by the quotes in reply threads he's up to his old tricks. Every dog has a bone to chew I guess.

Here's what I replied to oldred about E-Bay in the thread titled "Oh for crying out loud!!!"

Right you are oldred, I have had the same experience with E-Bay, As you say I also don't win many, but then I do win a few and it definitely makes watching worth while.

One case in point, I happen to like priming with the od style Lee hand primers with the screw in shell holders, I watched E-Bay and now have a dedicated Lee Primer for each cartridge size group I reload for. Saves screwing the shell holders in & out of the pot metal hand piece.

At times I also just use the "Buy It Now".

That sound like I have an axe to grind with him? I happen to disagree with him regarding the availability of .22 rimfire ammo. Nothing more.

I'm entitled to my opinion as is he.

Plus oldred can't be all bad, far from it IMO, after all he obviously likes cats and that is a plus.

Boolit Grand Master
    Liking cats IS a good thing.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

I like cats too. We get 2 to 5 every year from those citified folk who want to dump them in the country. We like them around to keep the mice down around the houses/barns (Moapa NV and Kalispell MT); but.. these are not house kitties as they fend for themselves, except for a bowl of milk on occasion. They add to the cycle of life in Moapa because the Coyotes have to eat too. Something (unknown species) is dining on kitties here in Kalispell also, but they seem to be faring better here in Montana despite the winter than in Moapa (tougher Kitty Species?).
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master
    Bah--coyotes got nothin' comin'. Light 'em up, on sight. Best idea Our Maker ever had, in terms of an arms target.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieDave007 View Post
    Group hug? No? How about we all grow up, respect each other's personal opinion, and move on?
    At Cast Boolits?? Verily, thou jests. The only exercise some posters ever get here is from jumping to conclusions.

Boolit Master

That's good 9.3X62AL. I hadn't heard that one before.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

happy new year.

I only buy what i can use.I use some and hoard some.I keep it dry and value it.I do not sell it.My wal has 3 box limit and never see people standing in line.I pick moms scrips up there so I always hit sportinggoods dept.Unemployed bum.

Boolit Grand Master
    "Unemployed" does NOT equal "bum". At all.

I'm curious, for those that actually ARE able to find and buy 22 LR ammo at ChinaMart--does "3 box limit" mean 3 50-round boxes--or 3 500-round bricks?

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    "Unemployed" does NOT equal "bum". At all.

I'm curious, for those that actually ARE able to find and buy 22 LR ammo at ChinaMart--does "3 box limit" mean 3 50-round boxes--or 3 500-round bricks?
    The answer is generally yes, but some seem to like to change rules to suit themselves at times. One tried to make a rule about anything 225 count or more being a limit of one. I've also seen 3 - 50 count being bought as that was the limit.

In Remembrance
    The wallmart here is one brick limit. It doesn't matter if it is 333 round or 525 round. Sportsmans has the same limit. I never look at 50 round boxes, so don't have a clue what the limit is on those.