Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What happened to jim

Boolit Master

Have had some reports of mysterious cattle mutilations just across the line over in Nebraska and local Irish grocery reports increased sales of Devils Cut.
    Facta non verba

Boolit Buddy

Smitty
    I tried to leave a PM letting Jim know that I would be in Ferrum Va early this Sept. I got the same reply

Hopefully nothing happened to Janet! I withdraw when in emotional turmoil as do many men. Prayers for them!
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Bub
    The last bastion of liberal thought in Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Is he really a swede?

Ole was arrested one night while walking bare naked down the streets of the little town of
    Alexandria, Minnesota . The policeman, who was a good friend of Ole’s said, ”Ole…What in
    the world are you doing? Where are your clothes? You’re naked.” “Yah, I know,” said Ole.
    “You see, I vas over to dat ‘playboy’ Swen’s for his birthday party. Dere vas about ten of us.
    Der vas boys and girls.” “Is that right?”, his policeman friend asked. “Yah, Yah, anyway, dat Swen,
    he says, ‘Everybody get into the bedroom!’ So vee all go into the bedroom….where den he yells,
    ‘Everybody git naked!’… Vel, vee all got undressed. Den he yells, ‘Everybody go to town!’
    I guess I’m the first one here.”
    I surely wouldn't expect a reference to Alex from a guy whose location is Murphy, TX

(My parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. are from there - and for all intents and purposes, so am I for the amount of time I've spent there)

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Piedmont View Post
    Sounds like another alien abduction. I hope they don't use the probes. Those things hurt!
    Especially if just taken from the hot lead pot
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    You know Jims a great guy.
    Some of you boys just don't when to leave a good man alone.

Come on guys give the MAN a break.

Just my 2 cents worth!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

I think we are all just poking fun and in our own way expressing concerns for Jim, we all like him and are worried about him.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I think we are all just poking fun and in our own way expressing concerns for Jim, we all like him and are worried about him.
    That's exactly the point.… Course there was that time when he claimed the aliens got him and performed all manner of sexual experiments on him. He told stories…

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master
    OK, fellas, I'm gonna let y'all in on what's goin' on.

First, Janet and I are fine. I'm not sick or injured and Janet's condition has improved nicely.

Now for the drama. I came over on the Mayflower with the core group back in '05. My join date shows December, '06, but that's because I changed my user name at that time and didn't know it could be done without re-registering.

There's a lot of things I enjoy about this forum, but the PRIMARY reason I'm here is because this is a forum for casters and shooters. THAT'S my passion and that's why I'm here.

I've taken a leave of absence a coupla' times in the past for no reason other than I just felt like I needed a break. I've never started the infamous "This is my last post" thread because I had no intention or plans to take my ball and go home.

This forum has grown at an exponential rate. And, like any large group, it has a very wide range of personalities. That's to be expected. An upside of this is I've made and developed some very nice friendships here.

However, as is typical with any large group, there are personality types here that I struggle with. Before anybody gets their panties in a wad and starts making assumptions, I'm going to take the rap and say it's on me.

I've always enjoyed the foolishness and banter here. That's part of the BSin' and cuttin' up that goes on around the tail gate. And you all know I can take the ribbing just as good as I can give it.

You're waiting for me to tell you why I've bailed. As I mentioned, my passion is going outside the box and getting off the beaten path of load development. I like to experiment. I'm not Harry Pope or Phil Sharpe and don't pretend to be. But I do know how to develop unusual data and I'm always excited to find something that's not in the manuals. Example given: Last year I killed my first 'coon with a Lyman 225415, Graphlox lube and 2.6 grains of Red Dot. I can hit a dime at a hundred feet with that all day long and it doesn't make the noise of a balloon popping. That's no in the manuals.

When I discover something like that, I like to post it. I'm almost 61 years old, but I've still got enough kid in me to enjoy playing 'show & tell'. I'm not trying to tell anybody 'this is how it's done.' If I don't write that, nobody's got any business assuming I'm suggesting that.

In the last coupla' months, I posted some results of some of my experiments. I started noticing some rather derogatory and belittling remarks. Daddy would say 'consider the source', so I blew it off. Still, it irritated me that somebody couldn't find anything to say other than what he thought was wrong with what I'm doing.

Not long after that, somebody fragged my tent. I put up a post and one of the responses was from a well known and established member. He went to great lengths to pee on my fire and and indirectly suggested I should have consulted with him first as he had a lot of experience in load development and could have told me how to do it.

With all due respect, Sir, I didn't ask for your opinion. I have no doubt you are as capable as you claim in load development, but I posted the results of my testing simply because I wanted to share it, that's all. Neither did I ask for OR DESERVE the derogatory and belittling insinuations you made that I don't know what I'm doing.

I've always been here for many reasons. But, as I said, my PRIMARY reason for being here is because I'm a caster, handloader and shooter. When it got to the point that I couldn't post about my passion without some holier than thou know it all peein' on my fire, it ceased to be fun anymore. Well, it stopped bein' fun, so I stopped postin'.

I'll be danged (that ain't the word I'm thinkin' of) if I'm going to continue to work my butt off, burn up my supplies and go to all the trouble of documenting and photographing targets and do all that writing simply to give some ******* the opportunity to pee on my fire and tell me his dog's bigger than my dog.

I have been here every day since my last post. It's very likely I will be here every day forthcoming. But it's not likely you'll be seeing anything from me in the way of documented results of my research. With respect to putting up with childish immaturity, I'm done. I'm gettin' too danged old to tolerate it anymore.

I've spoken my peace and had my say. Think what you want, say what you will. The bottom line is this: It ain't fun no more.

In Remembrance
    I hate to hear this. Most of you guys have way more experiance than I do at both casting and reloading, in fact I actually haven't even started casting yet. Any reloading I do I tend to stay with what is published in the manuals, so I enjoy reading your not in the manual load development experiences.

Boolit Master
    Thank you Jim for the explanation , and I completely understand your reasoning.No one should have to put up with that drama but more importantly the complete lack of respect that everyone is entitled to.It is a shame that we even have to have an ignore feature but please remember that is always an option.Best wishes for you and Janet.
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

kevindtimm - It's a JOKE! You from Alexandria or Murphy? Been living with a French/Canadian, Bo-hunk, Cornhusker, Catholic/Baptist who's school played 3 man football - for 44 yrs and she doesn't get mad at Frog jokes.
    Jim - your reason is perfectly acceptable - and there are some of us here really interested in what you do. This thread has been fun to track, not due to poking fun AT you, rather everyone having a good laugh, not at your expense. I've learned about weird clothing, weird animals, weird humor, etc.
    You and Janet have a great day.

Boolit Master

Sheeesh.....I just wanted to know what planets you visited while in the aliens hospitality!!!!

Don't know about the peeing on your fire part......just the aliens......

Boolit Master

Jim,
    For simple lack of words I want to say I agree with alrighty in all respects. If this is your decision , then so be it.

I too have taken off on tangents which I felt were fully justified, some I still do but as difficult as it might be I have learned to try to look at the bigger picture.

I know exactly what you mean about "experimenting" as I call it. Used to be I ran with a few who felt the same way and I could show you notebook after notebook and box's of pictures of some of the ideas we tried out. I am the only one left out of the group as the rest have passed on. Light and heavy caliber loads, shot loads in everything, changing cases around. If we could dream it up, we tried it. Some things worked, some didn't but it was just fun to try. Your experimenting with RedDot loads is something I am just getting started in and the Hornet load you show is first on my list to try.
    Your efforts are appreciated and your finds are looked forward to. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. The large listing of people who have shown interest on this thread back this up.
    I do know what you mean however, about some of the reply's that one gets from time to time on the forum. A few I have noticed are almost downright mean.
    There have been a couple of times especially here lately when I have thrown in my two cents worth I felt the comments were not what I what I would have said even if I disagreed with the person . One of those deals where if you cannot say something nice about a person then its best not to say anything at all.

There are many really nice people here, ones I would be proud to call friend but as anything in life in this "brave new world " we are experiencing there are what I call full fledged idiots and worse.
    In due course I hope you can overlook these nitwits.

I for one miss your .02 worth !!

Reg
    Facta non verba

Boolit Buddy

Jim, I'm personally glad that you, the wife, and Mamma are fine.
    Second, I took a bath 'cause I thought it might have been my Odear, glad it wasn't that. (even tho it twernt saturday).
    Thirdly, I think everyone here is adult enough to know if they want to work up to your loads.
    And lastly, don't let what some say run you off or keep you from posting. Many of us do enjoy your company.

I can relate tho, because I let a bunch of noobs actions cause me to leave another forum. It got to where there were too many spelling Nazi's, and self appointed fact checkers wanting to correct people, not tactifully but condescending. Example, a person who had no experience using corrosive ammo asked about what others did to prevent it from causing rust. I replied that I usually just gave my rifles that I shot corrosive ammo with a normal good cleaning and oiling. But that at the range I did take a cleaning rod, and kept a bottle of windex to patch the barrel and oil it before I drove home to later do a thorough cleaning and oil. Water would do just as good a job but windex was convienent because I always had some around. I was corrected on some of my spelling, and told I was spreading useless information because it has never been proven that "Windex" or any window cleaner does anything positive in the cleaning operation of a weapon or for helping clean corrosive ammo salts from a barrel. After responding that I did not say I recommended "Windex" but that was just because of convenience, I was told I needed to check my facts before posting, and spreading information that is old wives tales among the shooting group. So, I quit frequenting that forum.

So there are two lessons here. One is, all that I did by leaving was removing myself from the friendships I had made and distanced myself from their company that I enjoyed. The next lesson is, by leaving, if others did as I did, then we would be letting those noobes become in control of that forum which is what they were trying to accomplish. I have not seen as much of this behavior on this forum, and I am sure the moderators would not let it happen. But sometimes we forget, there is a tactful way to approach any comment and a tactful way to make the comments we make.

O.K. I am finished rambling. Just glad all is O.K. with you and the family Jim.

Smitty
    Last edited by Smitty's Retired; 08-29-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    I am just glad you are not at Burning Man.

Boolit Master
    Jim---First of all, glad to find you are OK and that Janet is improving!! I agree that when someone pees on your fire it is totally aggravating, not to mention it smells bad and spoils the taste of the food. Speaking for myself (and I am sure for many others) I really hope you will consider withdrawing your input to this site.

Personally, I have never used the ignore feature (although tempted at times) and in many cases, later I have been glad I did not. I have found that most times (sooner or later) almost everyone has added useful or interesting information to my limited knowledge base. Please do not let the actions of one or two persons drive you away. If you do---they win! In telling you to “consider the source”, your Daddy was a very wise man! Hopefully, you will take a break and return. It is certainly your choice, but if you leave for good, we are diminished! God bless.

Ralph.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Jim, Glad to hear you are OK. I know exactly what you speak of in post #76. I read your original post and I also enjoy light loads as you were sharing with us. I was really surprised at the negative posts that appeared and were they were coming from, don't blame you in the least.

Moderator Emeritus

Just a few days ago I deleted one of my own threads due to new members coming in and wetting the fire. Nothing they said was worthy of a mod warning, just the "tone" of their posts was condescending and juvenile. I will gladly do the same for you Jim or any member who wants their own thread deleted. All I need is a PM with the link.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master
    Jim, I have enjoyed reading your posts. I still swear that coon hunters have more stories than all the other hunters combined. By the way, did I ever tell you about my second cousin that is missing a tooth because he was looking a hound while driving through the dump and hit a fence post? I hope the aggravation wears off and you will see fit to post again. (Yes, I know that I used aggravation incorrectly. I was putting the clip in my ar15 at the time)
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.