Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some SOB stole my powder!

Boolit Master

Some SOB stole my powder!

I went down to the basement yesterday to wash some sum stuff and happen to glance over at my reloading bench, some AH had stole an 8 pound keg of 296, I started looking around and found they/he had also taken a ton of fishing stuff.

I have no proof of who did it but from the stuff that was stolen I know exactly who did it! My neighbor and I had a complete falling out about 3 years ago because of things missing from my barn witch he had access to for shooting deer out the backsliding door.

The thing is I have no idea how he is getting in the basement. The only door is a sliding door that go's out on to a little patio and I keep it locked. I live alone so it's easy for anyone to know when the house is empty.

Anyway just a reminder to you guys, don't trust anyone! A harsh thing to say, but these are new times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Sliding doors are about as secure as a shower curtain!

The lock is meaningless.

Do a little research on blocking it with a wooden block.

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-secure-s...or-213145.html
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

I challenge your middle of nowhere, and raise you 5.
    That might just be a hanging offense these days.
    Guns should only be allowed in places where people don't want to be shot.

It really sucks!
    I disagree though. There are a few people I am sure I can trust!
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

Thieves are dirt bags and that's just all their is to it.:takinWiz:
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master
    First sorry to hear more of how bad the world is.

Second, I think I would be setting up a non flash game camera and some more bait (fishing or reloading supplies seem to do the trick). Once I had a pic he would pay for my loss.

Boolit Master

I say you don't do anything. Get an empty 8 pound can again and mix a bunch of powders together and leave it in plain sight. That'll fix him.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    It really sucks!
    I disagree though. There are a few people I am sure I can trust!
    J

Yes, it really sucks, especially if it is your neighbor. But I too have several in my inner circle I trust implicitly. Outside that circle, only as needed. Maybe it's time to try and resolve your differences with the neighbor....if possible?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 500MAG View Post
    I say you don't do anything. Get an empty 8 pound can again and mix a bunch of powders together and leave it in plain sight. That'll fix him.
    Thats along the lines of finding some of your firewood missing and drilling a hole in one piece and adding some gunpowder and plugging it up. Works everytime
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Thats along the lines of finding some of your firewood missing and drilling a hole in one piece and adding some gunpowder and plugging it up. Works everytime
    Lordy!
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Moderator Emeritus

He may be reselling this. I go for a big dog.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

I would say some R1 or Titewad would work pretty well for that.
    I pity the baker,
    I pity the nun

I pity the one
    Who tries to take my gun

Banned

I'd see about securing that sliding glass door a bit better and a game camera is a good deal too. could have it pointed on the outside of your house looking back at it. all you need is it showing he's on your property then call the cops.

You beat me to it! But yes, he might be reselling it.

Hee hee hee. Oh yes, I like it!

I'd go for the camera trick - that way you can get your money back and seriously discourage him.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

there are a few ways to secure the sliding glass door one is to put a wood stick fork one to the door jam I used a steel pipe when I lived in a in a different house you can also drill a hole all the way threw one side and 1/2 way threw the out side door and put a pin in it but I would opt for the trail cam catch him and make him pay hope this helps D Crockett

Boolit Grand Master

NOTE: You don't have to use enough gunpowder to hurt someone on the firewood trick. Just enough to make a heck of a bang in a woodstove and scare the jeepers out of someone will dissuade them from your wood.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    That's a good one until your wife or brother-in-law throw that tricked-up piece of wood in YOUR firebox! Ho boy!
    Because freedom isn't free....

Banned

I have never had any problems but the powder in the firewood is a great idea. My daughter has her wood stolen a lot so I have to tell her. I have extra FFFFG.
    Trail cams work great. The lady that owns the property I hunt has problems with a neighbor with mental problems. He ruins her mowers and cars at night. She never has money with SS and I have a hard time telling her the camera is cheaper then repairs.
    Locks are nothing, I did locksmith work part time and there are few I can't open. The same lady lost the key for the huge lock on her barn and just one slip of a rake and I had it open.
    A friend called me for help, his neighbor lady left the house and locked the door but forgot the key. Her baby was in the house and she was frantic. It took me some time while they were thinking about busting windows but I got the door open. A hug is worth a million dollars!
    That guy might have the means to open the lock so you need a picture. If you catch him you might own more land and a house.

Boolit Grand Master
    What an incredible disappointment. Not only for your missing stuff, but that you live next to a jerk like this.

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Trail cams work great.
    +1 They found an easy score.... they will come back. Get a pic.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.