Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting vs. Store bought meat.

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    Yeah, and milk comes from.., WHERE??? Oh my gawd!
    Why, out of the right spout on the separator, of course.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master
    I've always said the three biggest problems with kids in the world were TV, air cond, and processed meat.
    When I was young we didn't have TV to set around and watch. No AC so you couldn't stay in the house in the summer thru the day. If we had chicken for dinner we just picked out which one and if we could catch it we could eat it.
    However in my older years I kinda like AC and a little TV sometimes but most of my meat dies by my own hand.
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

Boolit Man
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	57961

This about sums it up.

D
    Never trust a skinny chef, a fat personal trainer, or anyone who can't stand beer.

Blessed are those who are cracked, for they shall let in the light.

Boolit Buddy
    I process all my own meat veggies and fruit
    If I want pork I kill and bucher it myself from bacon to pork chops and sausage
    For red meat deer fill my freezer from steaks roasts and ground meat
    The rest comes out of my garden trees from friends we share and share alike.
    Flip

Boolit Master
    Every time I open these pages, I realise how similar our countries are. Our populations are made up of the same sort of morons, thank god we few got the intelligence gene.

Boolit Bub
    Many don't believe it, but meat grows on trees where I come from.

My buddy with some we tied up to bring home this Fall.

Ted
    Last edited by Yukoner; 01-09-2013 at 03:46 AM.

Boolit Master
    HAH! That's a good one, Ted. Right on.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master
    When I first started dating my wife I could barely get her in the barn to look at the deer I had hanging. 7 years later she is helping me grind and package meat in our kitchen. She enjoys the meat I bring home so she helps put it up. She wasn't oblivious to where meat came from she just never got it anywhere but the grocery store. When we have kids you can bet they will know how to shoot a rifle, sharpen a knife on a stone not one of those plastic things, and they will know how to cut and put up meat. Its an important part of our life and it is knowledge that needs to be passed on, even my wife agrees with that.
    Last edited by dk17hmr; 01-09-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Moderator Emeritus

SIL turned down 1/2 a beef from my parents for a few years running. The fact that is was killed at home was enough to turn her off though a processing plant cut it. No usda grade didn't help.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

I was with a co-worker and somehow we got onto the different cuts of meat. HE was near 30 y.o. and wanted to know part of the cow bologna came from.

Boolit Master
    My cousins best friend was a butcher. We were visiting one day and he said some woman had brought a hog in and on her list was she wanted some Spam. She was pretty irate what she picked up her meat and there was no spam. He also said he'd had several people ask that their whole hog be made into pork chops.
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

Boolit Master

Hunting vs. Store bought meat.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKE NUKEM View Post
    You would be surprised how many people think there is a meat making machine in the back of the grocery.
    Yeah, right next to the machines that make milk and eggs!
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy

Haven't bought any beef in over 4 years. Been eating game (elk, deer, antelope).

Boolit Buddy

My wife was born and raised in Chicago. She is of east european heritage, so was no stranger to the idea of sausages, sauerkraut,etc, but had never had the opportunity to partake of wild game. After 21 yrs of marriage, she makes sure I get in all my "control hunt" applications on time, helps me pack my gear for the hunt, and is waiting at the back door, sharpened boning knife in hand, when I get home.
    Last year she was right there, beginning to end, to get thru the cut and wrap of not only my moose, but the neighbors elk as well. She's still not 100% sure what is sirloin, round, or butt, but she openly tells everyone, "sure beats that **** out of the grocery store"!

I think I'll keep her!

Boolit Master
    And chicken eggs? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by leftiye View Post
    Why, out of the right spout on the separator, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by arjacobson View Post
    And chicken eggs? LOL
    Well they come out of a box. Duh!

Boolit Grand Master

I buy very little meat. I don't digest beef very well and every hog I've butchered lately smelled better than the store-bought pork I buy to raise the fat content. A city-boy cousin saw a photo of my fresh-made Italian sausage on Facebook last year and asked "how much for five pounds of that?" I told him to take a hunter safety course and get a license, I'd help him with the rest. I'm afraid he's stuck w/ store-bought, his wife doesn't much care for guns & such.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Last night I watched the film Food, Inc on TV. Puts you off any store bought food!

Boolit Master

What gets me about these idiots who scream about the brutality of hunting is that the animals we kill are usually dispatched in a much more humane way than what nature usually has in store for them, do they honestly think all these wild critters just get old and retire until they die of old age? How many animals actually become old? Take that cute little bunny rabbit for instance, what is the usual demise of a wild rabbit? Torn apart and eaten alive by a fox, bobcat, hawk, owl, dog or any number of other predators but the bottom line is it WILL die a violent death sooner or later that is in all likelihood going to be more violent and prolonged than a properly placed gunshot. I once tried to explain that to one of these idiots (there I called them that again!) but was told that whatever might happen in nature is "natural"- Huh? Well I guess it is but my hunting is just a natural instinct also and I do it much more humanely than what "nature" has in store for 99% of all the wild animals out there, think about it- how many wild animals are going to die a natural death of old age?

Quote Originally Posted by Norbrat View Post
    Last night I watched the film Food, Inc on TV. Puts you off any store bought food!
    We saw it too.