Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American hoggers

Boolit Master
    We have a seasonal hog problem. And since occasionally someone wants to hunt that couldn't hit a lake from the bottom, I have to be there at least on the property while someone is hunting. If I have to be there, you are going to use my land, you are going to pay me. If it is so trivial to have the responsibility of hosting hunters, why dont more people buy land and sell hunts? I can tell you why you will pay... SOME people cannot be trusted to not destroy property or do something illegal wich I am responsible for and everyone has to pay to make up the difference. End of story.
    And to be clear, I am not talking about anyone from this forum. I have nothing but respect for everyone who hunted with me this year and will only offer hunts to members of this forum. Everyone who hunted with me was a clear marksman, woodsman, and gentleman. If anything, I was the beligerent person of the group, but that is the way I am. I could tell you horror stories of hosting some other "locals" here.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master

airborne, We run in to a similar situation up here. There is plenty of deer but a lot of land owners have had horrible experience,s with letting people hunt their property. Most often they'll give one or two people permission then find twenty guys on their land. You can't be too careful about who you let on property. FB

One of the members on my lease is a neighbor of the old man. Said the family is very interesting to say the least.

Why did she get mad? probably wasnt. Dramatization for the audience.

Boolit Master
    On "Reality TV" its all about the drama
    Agreed. I don't have a televison hooked up, but on a visit to my brother's house, he was watching some gun shop show. The owner had to slick up a S&W revolver while being timed in order to sell it to Smith & Wesson's custom shop.

So who in their right mind is going to pay extra money to the Smith & Wesson Custom shop to get a gun whose main claim to fame was that it was "built real fast"? That market niche is already being filled by wartime Moisin Nagants.

Well anyhow, that was enough TV for the summer...

Got to have something to entertain the droids and zombies of the world.

Boolit Buddy
    The Campbell family lives about 30 miles from me; I don't know 'em, but friends do. Don't take anything you see or hear on that show as reality!

Boolit Master
    Watched it last night. One episode has the old man's truck on fire with ammunition cooking off and ricocheting (sp?) around. It's entertaining to a degree with some nice scenery and good looking dogs.
    R.D.M.

Here is Mississippi it is illegal to transport live wild hogs without a permit from Fish & Game .... they do NOT want them transplanted to other parts of the state .... very few hunting restrictions in place on them ... ....

Watched them try to shoot hogs last night. Now I know why they use dogs to catch....they can not shoot.
    Douglas, Ret.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Double D View Post
    Watched them try to shoot hogs last night. Now I know why they use dogs to catch....they can not shoot.
    I saw an ad for that show and started to watch it last night. I turned it off when they were slinging rifle bullets all over a field trying to hit a hog at what they said was 200 yards. Most of the shots never even came close at the end of the barrage, off ran the hog.

Pretty pi$$ poor marksmanship in my mind.

I won't be watching again.