Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline Fabrication

Thread: 50 mm Boolit / Projectile i made for a Krupp Cannon any advise

Cannon's & Mortars ClassicCannons's Avatar

50 mm Boolit / Projectile i made for a Krupp Cannon any advise

Hi you all
    Below is a 5 cm /50 mm projectile i had made for a krupp cannon are their any reasons why this wouldn't work it was machined on a cnc lathe and i had casted a round blank from lead but the person i had made it for never replyed back

The goal weight was 5 lbs and after the maching the weight was 5.05 lbs i could of machined a little more off the boat tail for that extra 0.05

And if any of you need something custom made i have 1 spot open on my customer job list

Thanks Austin

That's sure gonna hold a bunch of boolit lube!

Banned

very nice, hard to tell how large it is, there is nothing to compare it to, say a toaster....

Boolit Master
    5cm is about 2 inches.

It's a 35000 grain boolet. By the time you smear it with a 2 pound can of Crisco for lube it will be a 49000 grainer!
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Comparsion to a .223 and a 1 lb can of powder

Hi Again
    Ok here's a comparsion to a .50 cal bullet and a .223 and a pound can of powder
    Thanks for looking Austin
    Also the major dia is for the rifling since i didn't have a drawing I had done it 2.125 and the minor dia is 1.9685. This way here it could be sized correctly better to trim than to add

Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    very nice, hard to tell how large it is, there is nothing to compare it to, say a toaster....

Now that would have a kick to it!

I am thinking that would be awesome in the desert out of a 6'-8' barrel with some decent sights.

Banned

Wow! that's a nice sized projectile for sure!

it makes that 50bmg round look like a 30-06!

Now you got me thiking a Parrot barrel 6 feet long sleaved fitted ith a 6" by 8" breach plug mounted on a swivel base with either shocks or spring to absorbe the recoil
    Quote Originally Posted by Any Cal. View Post
    I am thinking that would be awesome in the desert out of a 6'-8' barrel with some decent sights.

Just curious = how would this fit with the BATF 'destructive device' category? Would you have to get one of the $200. tax stamps PRIOR to building...like you do with SBRs, full autos n silencers?

You get the government you deserve.

Stay out of politics? Don't VOTE?

Do nothing and you deserve whatever the government does to you, your family's lives and all your futures.

Parrot cannon

As far as i think as long as the cannon is muzzel loading (black Powder) and doesn't use any type of cartridge case or primer it should be ok but this is only a thought. From what i had read online this is leagle with the BATF to use as long as no local or state laws prohibit it and for me and where i live which is 40 miles in the country it should be fine i have never had any trouble with me firering my golfball cannons and mortars. And the only time i was warned was when i offered hollow core cannon ball molds and i never made one . And as far as silencers i would never make one because it's a dead end because it cost roughly $5,000.00 for the permits and their ar tomany companies doing it i did make some faux ones but they really didn't sell i had an idea to have a green laser and led lights built into the housing.

Check out some of my cannons and mortars and molds for cannons at http://scaleartillery.com
    Thanks Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by windrider919 View Post
    Just curious = how would this fit with the BATF 'destructive device' category? Would you have to get one of the $200. tax stamps PRIOR to building...like you do with SBRs, full autos n silencers?
    Last edited by ClassicCannons; 07-08-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Boolit Master
    A full scale Parrott Rifle would be an awful lot of fun. I used to own a CoeHorn (sp?) mortar replica twenty-some years back. It shot standard bowling balls. Lots of fun to shoot, not so much fun to dig them out.

Rich