MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: 300 super whisper

Boolit Buddy

300 super whisper

I have a 300 super whisper OTT barrel that I am finally getting around to shooting have 200 rounds of brass made up and ready to go. I have no loading data. I want to shoot a 200gr bullet cast with my Egean (sp) mold. I was thinking of starting with 300 whisper data and working up. Just wondering if any of you load for the 300 Super Whisper and would be willing to share any info. Here or pm.

Thanks
    Kirb

OK, don't keep us guessing, what is a super whisper?

Boolit Buddy
    It is a 357 Max necked down to a 30 cal. I think it will be similar to a 30 Herrett but I can’t find any information. I thought one of the hand gun hunters back east where the have some different rules for handgun hunting this is one that is legal to hunt with. Iowa or Ill. I think

Kirb

Boolit Grand Master

Might want to check Mike Bellm website as he chambers for the Whisper or Max in the same barrel. A change of extractor is all that is needed to go from the Whisper brass to the Max brass.
    Cartridges of the World show the Whisper with a 1.5" case length and the Max at 1.59". Do you use full length max brass at 1.59" or does it shorten when it is resized to 30 caliber?

Is this the same as the 30 HRT possibly?6.8 necked to 30 cal . same as a rimless 30 Herret
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Buddy
    My 300 whisper cases are trimmed to 1.380 the super whisper is trimmed to 1.600. I will have to check case size with water volume between 30 herrett and the 300 super whisper. Ru Shooter it is based from a 357 max case so it has a rim
    Kirb

Boolit Grand Master
    See if I can find my load data for my 30/357 max, I made up about 24 years ago. Probably a bit different as it uses a 30-30 length neck.

Boolit Buddy
    rockrat,

Thanks for looking. The neck will be different length but a great starting point.

Kirb

I think this guy is full of it as far as ballistics, but he did post a nice picture of the two.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.p...,253549.0.html

As soon as I saw the picture I realized this would be super easy to make - just do up a spacer for your 300 BLK or Whisper dies to set the shoulder to the right location on the Max brass. (or .223) If you had the total water capacity of the case, then Quickload can give you an idea as to what it should do as far as loads.