Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new Ruger 77/357 and bagged a real trophy.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just what I need, more info on a rifle concept I find attractive as can be. THANKS LOADS, you enablers!!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Now I clean mine by flushing it out with rubbing alcohol and use the air compressor to blow it dry and clean.

I'd say that is a very smart approach. Those rotary mags. can require 6 sets of hands to get back together.

Ben

I took apart one of my mag's for the 77/22 Hornet

I ended up use ing it as a target
    As I was so frustrated , 2 of us worked close to a hour trying to get it back togeather

Last time I ever will make that mistake again

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Rear locking lugs should not be a problem in a straight case as there is not shoulder to reform forward when the lugs spring back. And I wouldn't think that it could spring any more than the hinge on a TC does.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by johnch View Post
    I took apart one of my mag's for the 77/22 Hornet

I ended up use ing it as a target
    As I was so frustrated , 2 of us worked close to a hour trying to get it back togeather

Last time I ever will make that mistake again

John
    One of mine is back at the factory being put back together, and to have that foolish spring replaced. They have a cool tool there that does that so easily, so I only cussed a couple of hours before just putting the pieces together, and shipping it off. I did learn a few new applications of old word phrases in the process though.

Rear locking hasn't been a problem with any one of them I have loaded for. Surprisingly though, the Ruger rotary magazine guns have no primary extraction cam as do most bolt actions so if a case sticks a bit, it can be tougher to get started out. The bolt handle will open just fine, but pulling it to the rear doesn't work so well.

Boolit Mold

Ruger 77/357

I was looking for info on the 77/357 in the left handed version but could not find anything except Where did you find yours, and how long have you had it. Thanks

Boolit Grand Master
    Few missions on a rifle bench inspire more creative language than re-assembling a Ruger rotary magazine.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    Just what I need, more info on a rifle concept I find attractive as can be. THANKS LOADS, you enablers!!
    I understand completely. I've got a 358 Win and I'm still hankering for one if these little Ruger Carbines.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Mold
    How Do You Like Your 77/357?

Did you shoot any cast bullet loads?

I have been wanting one of these and have not heard anything yet...

Boolit Mold
    I love my 77/.357 It shoots SNS casting co. 158gr. flat point (TC) with 6gr. Unique into a ragged hole at 40yds. It will also shoot a ragged hole at 65yds. with 158gr. Hornady XTP's & 13.6gr. Alliant 2400. I havn't grouped it at 100yds. yet, my range is not that long. I have taken the scope off & installed a NECG peep site. I love peep sites.

Boolit Master

What was the bullet exspansion like on that Catapillar?
    Did you hit it right behind the first shoulder...second shoulder...third shoulder..etc.