Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow

Love Life

Snow

delete
    Last edited by Love Life; 02-28-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just now? I thought you guys would have gotten hammered when we did Monday.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    We had a little on Nov.7/11 and it went away. Last night we got about 2" but the forcast is for above freezing temps by Sat. I don't mind the snow---but I can easily live without it!
    R.D.M.

Banned

Woke up to snow this mornin' here as well. Bout' 3". Net forecasts completely missed it including NOA. Wife's got the truck with good tires and she's out of town ...

Boolit Grand Master

I don't know what all the hoopla is about. It was 67 yesterday and a repeat today. T shirt weather with sun screen is saving my gas bill.
    I hate snow. I like to see it falling, as long as it doesn't hang around.
    With 4 driveways to shovel snow is an unwelcome PIA.

Boolit Master
    Send a little our way. We have just set a record for the driest Dec. on record around Puget Sound. I want our well to keep running. Our ski's are parked on the front porch getting dusty.

I got 22 inches last week and another 4 this week. This was supposed to be a dry winter. So much for La Nina and global warming!

[IMG][/IMG]

[
    Last edited by Crawdaddy; 12-15-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    It's a little late in the season, but it is finally here! You can tell by the number of smilies that I love the snow.
    I HATE snow days. Of course where I'm at they call school before it even starts.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master

We had a little earlier this week, not a big thing any more, used to enjoy surfing in the morning, then up to the mountains to play in the snow & if I wanted down to the desert to play in the sand. Used to love driving the ATV's in the snow..
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

As much as you want. NM isnt supposd to get that much snow.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    You want to box some of that snow up and send it my way Crawdaddy?
    When it starts to snow here you are welcome to stay here for free as long as you clear the walk and the driveway!

Boolit Master
    Ha! I'm on the Ski Patrol here. This Saturday we're doing our on the hill medical refresher. We've only got about a foot of snow. We're already past the normal opening date.

Let it snow... Let it snow... Let it snow...

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggerhappy View Post

Let it snow... Let it snow... Let it snow...
    To most of the folks that want snow and can sweep a foot of the stuff away with a corn broom come over to Chicagoland and see what shoveling snow is all about.

A shovel full of snow weighs about the same as a shovel of well mixed mortar. Sure builds back muscles for the young folks but a real pain for us seniors.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

I secretly like the snow. My wife openly hates it especially driving in it.

Bring it on!

My snow plow guy said he could not do the plowing any longer. It finally gave me the excuse to go buy a snow blower. Sears Craftsman 24" 2 stage.
    2 cars wide x 100' long driveway.
    Love to do the snow blowing during the blinding New Hamphsire blizzards! The only thing better is casting during a blizzard in the heated shed.
    The joys of home ownership!
    Bring it on!

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't mind the snow much, and I'm sure that comes from living in places where the amounts are nominal and remain more charming than annoying. What's scary to me is California drivers from L.A. enroute to Las Vegas at 80-90 MPH in full-on blizzards across Cajon Pass (yesterday for me). Locals stay the h--l off the freeways at such times, but I had little choice yesterday. Whatta passel of fools. California freeways in snowy weather are like a mosh pit slam dance conducted with Nissans.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Banned

I'm glad somebody likes it, you all can have that stuff! I just got back from two weeks in SW Colorado and experienced the first and second snow storms of the season there, about 4" each. It's very pretty to look at and fun to play in while on vacation, but I would hate to live with it day-to-day.

Gear

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    I'm glad somebody likes it, you all can have that stuff! I just got back from two weeks in SW Colorado and experienced the first and second snow storms of the season there, about 4" each. It's very pretty to look at and fun to play in while on vacation, but I would hate to live with it day-to-day.

Gear
    I'm with you gear, around here it snows it gets cold, due to the moisture in the air.
    Plus the snow makes a miserable mess in the yard to try to walk around in.
    If it's going to get cold, I'd much rather have it -0 all winter. That way it pushes the moisture further south.
    Seems the older I get the less I like the cold and the snow. It's really dawned on me the last couple of yrs why retirees move to Florida.
    Sad too, I've still got 20 yrs left before I retire.

Banned

I'll say one thing about high places in the winter, it's sure different than lower altitudes. I live at 1600 feet, about 200 miles from the Gulf coast, and when it's 50 degrees I'm a miserable, shivering mess due to the dense air and high humidity. When it's below freezing, it's absolutely intolerable, even in quality cold-weather clothing. But at 11,000 feet, even in a 5 mph blizzard and 18 degree ambient temperature, I spent half an hour installing and adjusting snow cables on all four wheels wearing a tee-shirt, bluejeans, thin leather boots and a ball cap, and the only thing that got cold was my ears and face. Otherwise I was quite comfortable. Altitude, wind speed, and humidity make all the difference. I've also been at 10-14,000 feet when it was 75 degrees and it was incredibly hot to me, and I'm used to working outside in 108 degree summers with 80+ percent humidity.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master
    Very true, Gear. Humidity is the bugbear, at all temp ranges. Winds at higher speeds will rob you of heat, though--even when high and dry. Wind chill would be better expressed as "hypothermic potential", methinks.