RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What Gun Do You Regret Buying?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by castblaster View Post
    44man.

What did you not like about the marlin 44mag? Was it a lever?

Matt Hooper
    I love lever guns but the .44 twist of 1 in 38" was too much of a trip for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    The only one I really regret was the first one. If I had never bought that Rem. 22 rifle, I would have gobs of money and lots of left over time.
    Now I'm spending all my time and money on guns and the related equipment, plus I'm running out of space. My truck has to stay in the drive, cause the garage is full of casting and loading gear and supplies. My pots and pans are contaminated with lead and various wax mixtures. My recliner is surrounded by gun magazines and manuals. My bed has not been slept in. My carpet is full of spent primers. My porch is caving in from all the lead and brass stored there. My neighbors are mad about the stinking smoke from melting wheel weights.
    I should have took up golf.
    Then your house and bed would be full of clubs and balls. Your carpet would be full of divits! Then every closet would have the latest golf bags.

Boolit Buddy
    Well...... Lorcin 25 auto too small, Remington 870 couldn't keep for end tight, Ithaca model 37 stayed jammed every dove hunt, Savage 110 in 300 mag. not fun to shoot (think mule kick), Chinese copy of Torkarev 9mm sharp edges bloodied my hand although my dad bought one at the same time shoots great.
    I have regretted getting rid of most I have ever traded off though.

be

Boolit Master

10/22 stainless - cylced fine but wouldn't group under 2" at 25yds scoped and with any ammo tried. Some had a hard time staying on a paper plate. Didn't bother trying to send it back.

Love Life
    S&W 327 PC TRR8. Piece of junk from the factory that wore out in 6 months shooting only 38 specials. It's ok though. I have decided to give S&W another chance.

Boolit Master

Chinese double barrel shotgun with exposed hammers quality is low, triggers to heavy, shot placement not consistent (changing point of aim), Sears are made of soft material, with any load more than light skeet load safety resets upon shooting. I could go on but I think you get the idea it was $206 out the door new and I have it put up and no longer use it at all.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

My first gun. It was a Savage Mod 24V - 22mag over 3" 20 ga. Piece of s**t. Terrible trigger, not accurate at all. Soured me on 22mag forever. Other than that, I'd but every one of them again. enjoy Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Moderator Emeritus

The biggest piece of junk I have ever owned was a Rossi 357 magnum stainless snub nose revolver. The cylinder locked up after every shot, I had to open and close the cylinder after every shot for the cylinder to turn when I squeezed the trigger. Even pulling the hammer wouldn't rotate the cylinder, I had to open and close the cylinder after every shot. It would shoot 38 special just fine, but try to shoot more than one magnum in it and it locked right up. I sent it back to Rossi, they eventually got around to fixing it and mailed it back, I sold it immediately. I'll never own another Rossi again, at least not on purpose.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master

Stainless Mitchell High-Standard "Victor"...without a doubt!! For years, I'd shot HS .22s for bullseye and when my "best" HS Military Citation developed a crack in the frame (it had already been rebuilt, once, by J. Clark, Sr), I decided to treat myself to a new HS Victor. What a piece of junk!! It took a trip back to the factory, replacement of all springs, and installation of a new carbon-steel extractor, just to get it to function reliably through a complete match and then it still wouldn't shoot any better than 2" 25-yard groups from Ransom Rest.

Sold it online, bought a new Clark/Ruger .22/45, and never looked back.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

Thumbs down

There are three. AMT Commander 45ACP, AMT long slide 45 ACP and most recently a KelTec PF9.

I will never buy any of these brands again!
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Buddy
    Jennings J9. most dangerous piece of **** I ever owned. Went off when I was clearing the chamber once and shot a hole in the bed just inches above where my leg was. The clip that held the slide down had broke and let the firing pin come forward with the slide partway back. Jennings sent me new parts and i traded it off before i got hurt.
    Have lead, Will cast

Boolit Bub

Early Model Ruger Redhawk

Lousy trigger and muzzel heavy. Wished I had a 629..

Boolit Master
    1981. A High Standard "Crusader" DA revolver in 45LC. I was sooooo proud of myself. Took it and the new wife up to Salmon, and showed it to Elmer Keith. We went out to his gunsmith's place and shot it. Couldn't fire a cylinder full with out a malfunction. It finally broke something inside about round 30. He just shook his head, sighed a bit and told me "I told you the S&W were the only good Magnum DA revolvers."

I sent it back, they gave me some guff, and did not want to make it right. The third phone call I told them who was shooting it when it broke. They sent me a new one.
    I traded it at the gunshop when it came in for a 'smith.

Rich

Boolit Master

Model 94 Taurus 22 double action 9 shot revolver. Just not a good time for me. Something on the lines of a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Boolit Master
    S&W Bodyguard 380ACP.
    FTF and FTE from the getgo with factory ammo and reloads. It went back to the factory 4 times and on it's last trip I asked for a full refund and received it.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

I bought a berreta neos .22 from a friend it just wasn't all that acurate. I also traded a P97 ruger for a universal .30 carbine the rear sight screw was bent and it wouldn't stay in place. So I traded both for a 22/45 MK III ruger and I love it acurate fun and feeds everything so I made chicken salad out of my two flops.
    Nathan

Casting and reloading novice

Boolit Master
    keltec pf9. bought the gun online. it came with a pitted barrel brand new from the factory. sent the barrel back they gave me a new one that was kinda worse. Boo keltec. what a lame excuse for a american built firearm. i hate them. i wouldnt' even work for a company that sent products brand new out like that
    Last edited by Trey45; 10-04-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Boolit Master

After giving this some more thought a couple of Ruger Single actions pretty much soured me on Ruger guns I will never own an other unless I can shoot it first.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Grand Master
    Early 1980s Auto-Ordnance 1911A1. It ran all right, but the metal was junk and began peening and wearing very soon after I bought it. I threw it into the safe and sat on it for years, until a medically-retired friend needed a project gun for a 'smithing school he was attending. Have at it, and welcome. He turned it into a VERY NICE pistol, but most of the OEM parts were swapped out.

Marie bought a SIG-Sauer Mosquito right after they came out, intending it to be a sub-caliber trainer for her P-228. The thing refused to run reliably for her, and her response was SELL THIS ***! I'm not one to throw in the towel easily, and after 400 rounds of Mini-Mags the pistol began to diminish frequency of feeding fark-ups. By 1500 rounds, it was running very well and continues to do so. It just took a VERY LONG break-in period to get right. Its accuracy isn't match-grade, but it will sluice rats and jacks to 50 yards pretty capably.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Unhappy

"Regret Buying?" Never, more like regret marrying. The first time around I lost an 870, Mdl 700 and a P-95 to a pawn shop so I could afford a lawyer to divorce her sorry A$$ and a one way plane ticket. I didn't get much but it was enough to cover the difference and get the job done. Of the three I miss the 700 the most.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne