RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe common sense and Washington, DC

Boolit Bub

Maybe common sense and Washington, DC

isn't an oxymoron after all:

"Responding to a grassroots outcry from gun owners, the Environmental Protection Agency today announced that it has denied a petition by the Center for Biological Diversity and other radical groups that had sought to ban the use of lead in ammunition.

Agreeing with the position of the NRA and the firearms industry, the agency explained in a news release that it "does not have the legal authority to regulate this type of product under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)." Further crushing the hopes of anti-gun and anti-hunting activists, the release added: "nor is the agency seeking such authority."

From an NRA-ILA e-mail this AM

Boolit Grand Master

However, as a former Pres. said: "TRUST------BUT-------VARIFY!" If a statement from any thing resembling something that comes from government from ANY form in print remain skeptical. Remember what the defination of "is-is".
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Buddy
    This might have been an "Overton Window" sort of thing because lead fishing weights are still on the chopping block.

Throw out the boolit ban, everyone screams and stomps their feet, the EPA "relents" and gets what it wanted all along while seeming reasonable.

As a shooter and a fisherman I'm still concerned about the lead weight ban.

Boolit Grand Master

NOT common sense, they were legally FORCED to drop it. No choice whatsoever.

EPA does NOT do common sense.

A typical example - they prevented the skimmer ships from working in the Gulf because
    the only water standard that they had was a standard that only permitted a few parts
    per million of oil in discharge water. They could NOT use common sense and realize that removing
    99.9% of the oil from the skimmed water would be better than doing NOTHING. So they
    did not permit the skimmers to clean up the Gulf because they would discharge water
    after skimming that was "ONLY" 99.9% clean, not good enough for these rocket scientists.

Don't EVER think that the EPA has any relationship whatsoever with 'common sense'.

They are the worst kind of brain dead, spineless bureacrats.

Bill
    Last edited by MtGun44; 08-31-2010 at 09:46 PM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Mold
    I would not be surprised if the EPA came under some pressure from the administration and/or the Democratic National Committee to pull this until after the elections in November.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post

Don't EVER think that the EPA has any relationship whatsoever with 'common sense'.

They are the worst kind of brain dead, spineless bureacrats.

Bill
    Indeed. The EPA, as a Federal entity working together with CARB, set a random and completely unattainable limit on formaldehyde emmisions from panel manufacturers in California a few years ago. The only solution was to eliminate formaldehyde completely from the process, but since there is no economical substitute guess how many panel manufacturers went out of business or moved to other countries after the limits took effect?

The company I worked for at the time got their plywood from Blue Linx, and suddenly they started selling us plywood, made with formaldehyde adhesive, from, you guessed it, CHINA, which has no EPA or CARB. (they also have no air, either, but that's another story).

Gear

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    And this, I believe, is topic #9 on this subject.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

Lead ban or brain dead EPA?

Bill

Boolit Buddy

#9 on this topic

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    And this, I believe, is topic #9 on this subject.

What if it is #50 on this topic....it is my considered opinion that it needed to be seen by all on this forum. Most of us do not read every post in every category listed. If it was not in the proper category, perhaps one more person read it instead of missed it and responded. Just one mans opinion.

Boolit Buddy

And i am not done yet

This from a friend that works in the heavy equipment/coal mining industry-

"I just heard about this and it goes much deeper than even the firarms industry. OSHA has doubled their manpower and an edict has come down from Obama and his administration that all OSHA fines, which were unbelieveably high to start with, are to be doubled....DOUBLED! These fines will not only cripple but shut doors on these companies for good. The liberals are attempting to kill this country.

The coal industry is on the verge of being fined into oblivion and the Democrats are using water enviornmental regulations to do the job.

If we do not begin the flushing process this November, we will all be raising camels for a living."
    Last edited by mastercast.com; 09-01-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercast.com View Post
    What if it is #50 on this topic....it is my considered opinion that it needed to be seen by all on this forum. Most of us do not read every post in every category listed. If it was not in the proper category, perhaps one more person read it instead of missed it and responded. Just one mans opinion.
    It doesn't hurt to look at what is already posted on the first page of the topics first before posting. It's no big deal, but it is nice when all comments on a subject are under one heading.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    It doesn't hurt to look at what is already posted on the first page of the topics first before posting. It's no big deal, but it is nice when all comments on a subject are under one heading.
    Thank you!!!!!Some time it is like someone ripped all the pages out of a book , tossed them in a box and shook them up.
    The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.

EPA does NOT do common sense.
    AMEN to that! actually, NOTHING in OUR government has ANYTHING to do with comon sense!

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    That common sense part rings too true in my work place. We've started handling ..........................a new item tha most of us played with as kids . It comes in milled double sealed steel jars packed in thermal sealed super bags inside a double walled drum resting in a catch tray that could hold the contents of any 2 of the 5 drums per pallet. It takes 4 handlers ,4 QCs,2 environmentalists,and 8-10 fire fighters to load or unload it. If there we're a spill anywhere in the last 300 miles of transportation its not only possible but very likely to recover far more than was spilled . It adds 40 hours of additional training to be at the load site. It only takes 3 personel to load ordanence older than nearly every member of this forum and if we have a spill we just shovel it back in its can and continue on.

I've been through well over 500 hours over Haz-mat training with instructors that can actually make 300 page regulations make sense. " the EPA has issued many many statments stating that they won't touch 2 activities , shooting and undertaking". I suppose fear of messing with 1 will cause need of the other.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    So they did not permit the skimmers to clean up the Gulf because they would discharge water after skimming that was "ONLY" 99.9% clean, not good enough for these rocket scientists.

Bill
    I think my real rocket scientist friends would have their feelings hurt.

David

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry to insult the rocket scientists - that was meant to be sarcasm.

Bill
    Last edited by MtGun44; 09-01-2010 at 07:02 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Why is anyone suprised about the coal? Obama said he would bankrupt the industry on live tv during the campain.

The information I read indicated that the court found the bullet ban to be a conflict of interest with the second amendment. Fishing sinkers however are not previously addressed by the constitution and as such could still be regulated.

Boolit Grand Master
    Mastercast et al--

Maybe you think that beating us over the head with every real or imagined threat to gun rights is the right thing to do, but I for one am thoroughly and completely BURNED OUT on the component shortages--PETA--CEQA--CBD--and every other alphabet-soup pressure group trying to steal my freedoms--and with the Chicken Little THE SKY IS FALLING responses that assault us from every point of the compass. I come here to discuss Cast Boolits, their enjoyment, and their usage. If I want to hear bad news, there's always the NRA or NBC.

Some of us are just plain darn SICK TO DEATH of the constant bad news. GIVE IT A FARKING REST, WOULD YA?
    Last edited by 9.3X62AL; 09-02-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    Mastercast et al--

Maybe you think that beating us over the head with every real or imagined threat to gun rights is the right thing to do, but I for one am thoroughly and completely BURNED OUT on the component shortages--PETA--CEQA--CBD--and every other alphabet-soup pressure group trying to steal my freedoms--and with the Chicken Little THE SKY IS FALLING responses that assault us from every point of the compass. I come here to discuss Cast Boolits, their enjoyment, and their usage. If I want to hear bad news, there's always the NRA or NBC.

Some of us are just plain darn SICK TO DEATH of the constant bad news. GIVE IT A FARKING REST, WOULD YA?

Sir,

That was not an imagined threat to gun rights. It was real absent comment from the public and the NRA. If you are burned out on the subject, please go live your life under a rock somewhere. This was nothing to do with Chicken Little or The Sky is Falling....it was a real threat that if not followed up on would most certainly have been new law. The folks running the country right now see the Constitution as a document that they, THEY, should interpret, or ignore completely.

My Father was a Lt. Colonel in the army. One of the rirst things that he told me was "Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!" You might want to give that one a little thought.

He also told me that "The way for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing." Kind of like what you seem to want to do. Please give that one a little thought.

No Sir, I will not give it a "farking rest" as you put it...I am kind of amazed that you would do so.

I am probably as tired of "BAD NEWS" as your are. The differernce is, I am not willing to surrender.