Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of us has fallen.

One of us has fallen.

Yall may have noticed I have not been very active on the forum in the past month or so. I am sorry for that but my father has been battling an aggressive cancer for the past five weeks and at 1957 on Father's day 2008 he drew his last breath.
    I was there to witness his last moments on earth and to tell him I love him and will miss him terribly. Make no mistake, I have no regrets in my fathers passing as we had made our peace with one another many times over. When he went to the hospital I had no illusions of him ever coming home again so I had begun to prepare myself for the inevitable.
    Ronnie and I were more than father and son but best friends as well so I have lost twice this Sunday.
    My father introduced me to The Marine Corps, Colt, Winchester, and Hornady. He served America as a US Marine and was honorably discharged from service.
    He was a man I have and will model my life after. He was a great person and a better father and though I mourn his passing I am a better man because of his influence in my life.
    We did spend many a hour arguing over IMR 4895 vs IMR 4350, .308 vs 30-06, and so many other aspects of our hobby. Though our discussions often became heated I have already begun to miss his way of riling me up.
    That along with the pistol matches we shot together helps me understand I have lost a great mentor and shooting partner.
    I was about 14 when he began to teach me reloading and much, much younger when he introduced me to shooting, hobbies that I continue to love today. I did spend an afternoon teaching my father to cast lead bullets and he did his part by finding us plenty of wheel weights.
    I wanted to share this part of my life with yall, my virtual family so you may have a idea of what we as a community have lost.
    I can only imagine what the grass looks like blowing in the breeze at the 200 yard line in heaven.
    I will miss you Ronnie and I love you. I know we will meet again when I pass from this world to the next.
    For the record, on the second picture I know my dad has no ear or eye protection but he was just posing for the picture with the pistol

Last edited by Hunter; 09-10-2008 at 08:49 PM.
    My firearms review site. http://rangehot.com/

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Hunter, rest assured, the Father has more important things for him to do and that is why he was called. ... felix
    felix

Thank you Felix, I believe you are totally correct.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

RIP Ronnie,, your memory will be strong and your presence missed.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    My condolences.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master
    Condolences.

Boolit Master

Condolences.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Cast Boolits Owner

My condolences
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Thank yall so much.

Boolit Master

I think you have already found one important thing about his passing . . .

Though the body is gone, all that he was, lives on in your heart and mind!
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    Hunter, Hooah! The 'old man' [upstairs] will put that fine Marine to a task well suited - or might just let him kick back for awhile. Hooah!

Boolit Grand Master
    A fine elegy for a fine man. Well-expressed and obviously heartfelt. Thank you for sharing this difficult time with us in such a loving and beautiful way.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Banned
    My condolences are headed your way also.

In Remembrance

Semper Fi, Hunter! Thank you for sharing. Condolences to you and yours.
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

Moderator Emeritus

My sincerest condolances. G
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Well done..........my thoughts and prayers..........

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Well brother, now you get to shoot on a windless range, where the shooting slots are of soft sand that sticks to nothing, where the lighting is just right and jams or misfeeds don't happen. The butts are pulled for you and targets are scored by unseen hero's.

You now can discuss hot topics with Jack O'Conner, Elmer Keith, John Moses Browning, P.O. Ackley, Skeeter Skelton, Billy Dixon, Wyatt Earp and anny Oakly. What a conversation that must be.

You also Marine get to join our other brothers who went on before us, they are the blessed. If you get the chance, and you run into them please say hello to Cpl Kidd, Sgt Babb and SSgt "Ski". They were brave young men who were my friends in Iraq, who lived the good life, fought the good fight and made the ultimate sacrifice.

No words can even begin the depth and breath of your loss Hunter. You have lost a good friend, a metor, a shooting partner but above it all, you have lost the man who taught you about life, it's pitfalls and joys, right from wrong, how to walk straight and tall and always be able to look yourself in the mirror, he was your dad.

My condolences on this loss but be comforted in knowing that he is in a better place than you or I and that when you cross over the river Jordan it will be his warm smile and firm handshake that will greet you.

Sleep now Marine your tour of duty is over, the angels will sound revely when you shall wake to sleep no more.

Semper Fi......
    Sight alignment, sight picture, squeeeeeze....
    bullseye!

Dwight

Wow yall, I really appreciate the comments. I have begun to come to terms with my father passing but I am sure I will never get over it totally (and I am not sure I would want to).
    It means the world to me you all would stop in and post your thoughts, it does help.

In Remebrance

Thoughts and prayers headed your way. Be glad you had the chance to make things right before he passed. I never had that chance and regret it still. Your post shows the esteema nd love you had for your Dad. I don't think any higher honor can really be shown.

Semper Fi Ronnie.

Boolit Master
    Your in my thoughts. A father could only wish for that kind of a relationship with a son.