RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 66 of 363 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 7253

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Tyler

Question. What is the difference in the spring adapter that says DT. as opposed to the ones that do not say DT. With my luck I'll print the wrong ones....HAHAHAHAHAHa
    DT = drop tube. You need both.

TylerR: Is the one that screws to the base, the same twist screw as all the previous ones, or did you change that? Obviously, a consideration if he wants the proximity switch parts to go in.... For my project, I used one called Chute Adapter_new_V2. Don't know if that was yours or Ammo Mikes.....hard to keep all these parts straight!

lablover: I included that "V2" part in what I sent you......so then if you use that one....it has to fit Tyler's base you printed!
    Last edited by GWS; 10-08-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis940 View Post
    Do you mind posting the files for the hundo case gauge riser and flipper tray, the primer follower hanger, drop tube limiter switch, and the powder disconnect? I really like those and would like to print them myself.
    I've got a few of these posted now and will try to get more up there shortly.

https://www.thingiverse.com/michael303/designs

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    TylerR: Is the one that screws to the base, the same twist screw as all the previous ones, or did you change that? Obviously, a consideration if he wants the proximity switch parts to go in.... For my project, I used one called Chute Adapter_new_V2. Don't know if that was yours or Ammo Mikes.....hard to keep all these parts straight!
    It is the same part. I changed the number of holes to 4 instead of 5.
    Last edited by TylerR; 10-08-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Tyler!

I purchased a few of the JGY motors before your awesome designs came online and I wish I had waited. Honestly, I don't think I need the larger design but was wondering if the original Ammo Mike design could be used for collating brass using your brass plates and slides.

Only problem is that all your plates and slides are oversized for your design. Is there a way to scale them down for the original design? I love your bullet/case up/down slides because they are simple and elegant unlike the originals.

Any ideas?

Thx!

Boolit Buddy
    I thought about scaling your designs down but I doubt that would work as the tolerances would be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by o416 View Post
    Hi Tyler!

I purchased a few of the JGY motors before your awesome designs came online and I wish I had waited. Honestly, I don't think I need the larger design but was wondering if the original Ammo Mike design could be used for collating brass using your brass plates and slides.

Only problem is that all your plates and slides are oversized for your design. Is there a way to scale them down for the original design? I love your bullet/case up/down slides because they are simple and elegant unlike the originals.

Any ideas?

Thx!
    Yes, you can use the collator generator to make any plate you want. That's the beauty of it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Yes, you can use the collator generator to make any plate you want. That's the beauty of it.
    Forgive me if you have answered this already, but this thread is super long now and I don't know how to work with scad files. Which software do you recommend?

Also, how can I make the bullet/case slides smaller?

Tyler...thank you..hex plate will be done in a few. Will update when done

GWS. I’ll keep an eye out for the files. Also, look in your private msgs. Might have some info you want.
    Mike, thanks for the thingiverse uploads. Looking forward to trying them on the 650 as I’m sure as others are.

It is the same part. I changed the number of holes to 4 instead of 5.
    Good! Then lablover should not use the part I sent.

Good! Then lablover should not use the part I sent.
    GWS..so don’t print it?

Tyler and those asking about the hex plates. Fits perfect! But there is a catch. I printed 2 and one didn’t work. The one I printed at .6 nozzle did not work.......the one printed at .4 fit great!

I’m pretty sure the tolerance level of .6 is great for larger not dimensional accurate prints. If printing things that need to fit into each other .4 is a better bet. I even go as far as printing at a finer say 1.6 layer for better accuracy. Take this info as you see fit. Extra print time will save you with a Dremel or a file when the print is done.

Hope this info helps. Now, what am I forgetting..lol

GWS..so don’t print it?

Tyler and those asking about the hex plates. Fits perfect! But there is a catch. I printed 2 and one didn’t work. The one I printed at .6 nozzle did not work.......the one printed at .4 fit great!

I’m pretty sure the tolerance level of .6 is great for larger not dimensional accurate prints. If printing things that need to fit into each other .4 is a better bet. I even go as far as printing at a finer say 1.6 layer for better accuracy. Take this info as you see fit. Extra print time will save you with a Dremel or a file when the print is done.

Hope this info helps. Now, what am I forgetting..lol
    I kind of suspected as much with the .6 nozzle, so I am not surprised. Thank you for testing it out and letting everyone know the results.

GWS..so don’t print it?
    Not the Chute Adapter_new_V2......that part has 5 holes to screw into your "Tyler" base that has 4 holes. Print Tyler's version. The other three parts should fit it.

BTW, I ordered a roll Thanks!!!! Now.....I won't steal your thunder.....tell who you want.

And thanks for the heads up and about the .6 nozzle too......I see said the blind man.....
    Last edited by GWS; 10-08-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil131 View Post
    Will it allow in a compressed zipped folder?
    I don't think so....and I don't understand TylerR's use of the sky drive.....skeered...

labover and others:

In my Images in the posts illustrating the proximity switch, notice the dull streak down the middle part....?
    That's super glue. Word to the wise...

At first I tried that thumb screw to just tighten to the inner piece in a depression.....dumb.....what it did was split layers, when tightened, right down where the streak is. So I super glued it and drilled the inner piece on through instead of just the depression I had at first. Don't be that dumb.
    Last edited by GWS; 10-08-2020 at 06:15 PM.

I kind of suspected as much with the .6 nozzle, so I am not surprised. Thank you for testing it out and letting everyone know the results.
    Tyler, no problem.........btw, pm me your address and your favorite place to eat! I see a gift card for dinner for you in the future for doing all this work. It would be my pleasure to treat you to a meal.

Now for a funny story. Amazon order showed up today that also had some of my wife’s stuff in it. My wife like to shoot as much as I do and never questions when I buy a firearm etc. also, I spent 10 years in the Marine Corps. Anyway, she comes up to me and says. “ Honey, what the heck are you building that you need all this electronic stuff..phot sensors and the like”. Being a smart a$$, I say one word.............claymore ...omg I never laughed so hard. I then explained what I was making. First thing out of her mouth was. Cool, you can make my bullets faster! I’m a lucky man

Not the Chute Adapter_new_V2......that part has 5 holes to screw into your "Tyler" base that has 4 holes. Print Tyler's version. The other three parts should fit it.

BTW, I ordered a roll Thanks!!!! Now.....I won't steal your thunder.....tell who you want.

And thanks for the heads up and about the .6 nozzle too......I see said the blind man.....

You bet sir!

So, for everyone else. Amazon has that most awesome overture pla pro filament in black in stock. And it’s going fast. I have the blue that Tyler suggested and it prints incredible! I also ordered the black. Like I said it’s going fast so don’t doddle
    Overture black PLA plus
    Enjoy

I posted the new mount. 6mm fit perfect on my dillon press, so that's what I went with. Hopefully I got everything else worked out correctly.

Tyler, no problem.........btw, pm me your address and your favorite place to eat! I see a gift card for dinner for you in the future for doing all this work. It would be my pleasure to treat you to a meal.
    That is very generous of you lablover, but not necessary. I just can't wait to see you guys making use of these. I do really appreciate the offer though!

Oh and she sounds like a keeper.

I posted the new mount. 6mm fit perfect on my dillon press, so that's what I went with. Hopefully I got everything else worked out correctly.
    Glad I got the two rolls of filament. Hahahaha

Offer stands for dinner if you ever want it. It’s real nice in our current climate to have people like you!
    And for the life of me I can’t find your open end down brass feeding video! Aghhhhhhh too much reading. Lol

That’s the next project. I swear every press I own is going to have one of these on it!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael303 View Post
    I've got a few of these posted now and will try to get more up there shortly.

https://www.thingiverse.com/michael303/designs
    Awesome, I’ll be putting these to use on my RL1100 when it comes in. Thank you sir.