RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMCD Products

Page 65 of 367 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 7338

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

I am going to run a basic fit test and then I will post files. lablover, do you have the ability to measure the wall thickness on your dillon casefeeder? And also roughly how old is it. I only ask because mine is very old, and measures in about 5.5mm. Just want to see if anything changed there with a newer feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I am going to run a basic fit test and then I will post files. lablover, do you have the ability to measure the wall thickness on your dillon casefeeder? And also roughly how old is it. I only ask because mine is very old, and measures in about 5.5mm. Just want to see if anything changed there with a newer feeder.
    I’ll go measure it now. It’s also old as dirt. Be back shortly

I’m back. 5.5mm

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post

I’m back. 5.5mm
    Very cool. We will assume that has not changed, and Fil131 will be able to confirm that eventually. I am going to start with 6mm width and run a test.

Boolit Man

I’m back. 5.5mm
    Mine would be brand new so when it arrives I'll post thickness measurement. Can't come soon enough... I'm soo damn anxious, at least I am having fun 3D printing in the meantime! Your all a bunch of damn enablers haha! I mean that as a compliment in the highest regard.

Boolit Man
    Got the first collator for 9mm/380 printed overnight. Got stringing down to the finest of what I'd call peach fuzz. No issues at all and took 4hrs and 18mins or so.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A965C847-8556-410D-B7A8-0ACBD610DC62.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	269028

Quote Originally Posted by Fil131 View Post
    Got the first collator for 9mm/380 printed overnight. Got stringing down to the finest of what I'd call peach fuzz. No issues at all and took 4hrs and 18mins or so.

I’ll be curious if the small plate will work with my tiny 32 acp stuff. I might have to use the openscad to customize to work

Also, I was about to pull the trigger on a Prusa Mk3. Wife looks at me and says...” didn’t you want to get a new AR15”. Prusa is on hold...new AR on the way instead.... wait till your Dillon shows up! Let the crazy begin. Hope you have a stock of primers. Almost impossible to get right now. I’m set for all calibers for the next several years

Can you confirm the hex hole fit on the adapter?

Boolit Man
    I’ll be curious if the small plate will work with my tiny 32 acp stuff. I might have to use the openscad to customize to work

Also, I was about to pull the trigger on a Prusa Mk3. Wife looks at me and says...” didn’t you want to get a new AR15”. Prusa is on hold...new AR on the way instead.... wait till your Dillon shows up! Let the crazy begin. Hope you have a stock of primers. Almost impossible to get right now. I’m set for all calibers for the next several years
    Lol just print the AR? Jk, well mostly kidding... This printer is awesome, of course it's my first so I don't have anything to compare it to. If the plate doesn't already work the generator will definitely be able to adjust to it.

I have 5k of each primer for now so not enough for the current shortage but good enough for a plinker like myself.
    Last edited by Fil131; 10-08-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Boolit Man
    Hex adapters will be here Saturday. I didn't anticipate using them until I purchased the McMaster motor. I will confirm on Saturday sir.

I’m printing one of your pre made plates with the hex. I will be able to confirm in about 6 ish hours. I decided to stop printing at .6 for detailed items like the hex plate. Worst case if it’s a tad too tight a file will fix that.

Boolit Man
    Hex adapters will be here Saturday. I didn't anticipate using them until I purchased the McMaster motor. I will confirm on Saturday sir.
    Measuring with my calipers the measurement from flat sides will fit with about +.5mm+/-. The diagonal corner to corner will fit tight on 2 of them, the 3rd is a bit too tight. Nothing wrong with the design must just be the way it printed, a bit of filling should do the trick. Maybe lablover can confirm when his is done.
    Last edited by Fil131; 10-08-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Boolit Bub
    So who wants to be the one to test this dillon mount? I have not printed or tested it.
    It is designed to hang off the side of the dillon case feed and allow rotation to get the correct angle. Uses a 3/8" x 1" bolt, washer, and lock nut to connect the two parts.

Attachment 269025
    i can try. i am all setup.

Boolit Mold
    I am interested by these. So they hold the case more firmly in place and reduce powder flinging out? Do they fit an XL650?
    Yes, they're kind of spring-loaded. I haven't tested it much in production but it has pretty much eliminated the wobbling when the plate indexes. I can't tell you if they fit the 650 but I wouldn't be surprised. I'll post them to Thingiverse eventually.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks!

GWS. Have you perfected that proximity sensor mount yet? I have a sensor arriving today and would love to give it a try if it’s available
    As promised....just clamped at bench height for a quick video demo......

Below: I just superglued the top to the middle part as they work for any bullet size.

Drilled and tapped the main part for a thumb screw.....the drill went through the lower as well....then I enlarged the hole you see so the thumb screw goes in (no threads here)

Lower in place held in by the thumbscrew....thumbscrew doesn't intrude into the inside space.

Too bad CastBoolits doesn't allow .STL attachments so I could attach direct......will have to add to Thingiverse I guess.
    Last edited by GWS; 10-08-2020 at 03:54 PM.

I can’t wait to try that that’s pretty slick!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    As promised....just clamped at bench height for a quick video demo......

Below: I just superglued the top to the middle part as they work for any bullet size.

Drilled and tapped the main part for a thumb screw.....the drill went through the lower as well....the enlarged the hole you see so the thumb screw goes in (no threads here)

Lower in place held in by the thumbscrew....thumbscrew doesn't intrude into the inside space.

Too bad CastBoolits doesn't allow .STL attachments so I could attach direct......will have to add to Thingiverse I guess.
    Will it allow in a compressed zipped folder?

Boolit Mold
    I am interested by these. So they hold the case more firmly in place and reduce powder flinging out? Do they fit an XL650?
    I threw it up on Thingiverse. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4618602

Let me know if you try it and have any feedback. I'd suggest printing at least two at a time to allow the pin to cool better and turn off the elephant's foot compensation.

Tyler

Question. What is the difference in the spring adapter that says DT. as opposed to the ones that do not say DT. With my luck I'll print the wrong ones....HAHAHAHAHAHa

I can’t wait to try that that’s pretty slick!
    I sent you the STL files......
    One warning......the lower part works for the Chinese spring RedlegEd sold me. It doesn't screw in.....instead it "unscrews" in (which makes the spring shrink in diameter until you push it all the way in........then let go and it's tight. If you use another spring we will have to modify that lower piece file. The critical measurement so that it fits in the piece above it, is the O.D. which is 18.5mm.......I.D. at the top of the lower piece is 13.0mm, the thread design is optional.