MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision
Page 57 of 365 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 7285

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Man
    Anyone out there able to tell me what size these are on the DAA feeder die? Took me forever to find that they are commonly called external hairpin clips or external hitch pin clips.

They seem to be pretty cheap at Lowes

https://www.amazon.com/Hillman-Group...1657612&sr=8-3
    Last edited by Fil131; 10-02-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Well, we are officially underway with the new body. I did 4 walls and 20% infill, which is less then what I did for my last two.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	268761

Name:	IMG_1054.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	268728
    Last edited by TylerR; 10-03-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Mine worked out just fine on 4 walls and 16 percent on IdeaMaker's quickist infill. And it is more than strong enough. Bet it will be great.

I'm finally printing what I hope is the final proximity down tube (three pieces instead of one...and they hopefully will telescope into each other. The left lower is threaded for the larger cheap spring tube from China.....we will see. I'm printing these solid...two parts have threads. Will use a spring clip in a 1/16" drilled hole for to hold them coupled, made of piano wire.

Picture below shows where I reduced the diameter to telescope into the middle piece. Inside is all the same diameter....IOW's there are stops inside. Hope it works.
    Last edited by GWS; 10-02-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Mine worked out just fine on 4 walls and 16 percent on IdeaMaker's quickist infill. And it is more than strong enough. Bet it will be great.

I'm finally printing what I hope is the final proximity down tube (three pieces instead of one...and they hopefully will telescope into each other. The left lower is threaded for the larger cheap spring tube from China.....we will see. I'm printing these solid...two parts have threads. Will use a spring clip in a 1/16" drilled hole for to hold them coupled, made of piano wire.

Picture below shows where I reduced the diameter to telescope into the middle piece. Inside is all the same diameter....IOW's there are stops inside. Hope it works.
    Would we not be able to wind and heat filament to make our own springs? I've seen a lot of videos of people just winding raw filament around a shape or object and heating it in hot water or microwaves and after it cools they have a loose spring. Worst case it would require some printed supports. Not sure about length in linear feet required and if it would be cost effective. Just throwing that out there as a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Well, we are officially underway with the new body. I did 4 walls and 20% infill, which is less then what I did for my last two.

Attachment 268729

Name:	IMG_1054.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	268728
    What is the estimated print time?

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    What is the estimated print time?
    Cura says 34 hours. I will let you know what it actually turns out to be.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael303 View Post
    So I just tried mine at full speed and it did jam a bullet in the drop but it was moving a lot faster than it was in the video I posted which is way faster than I ever run it in real life.

On another note I thought some of my fellow 3D printing nerds would appreciate a few other things I've modeled and printed for my press.

Mount for an endoscope for easy viewing of the powder and bullet drop.

Drop tube limit switch housing.

Powder quick disconnect.

Case feed stopper.

Primer follower hanger.

Hundo case gauge riser and filpper tray.

Anti wobble locator pins.
    Do you mind posting the files for the hundo case gauge riser and flipper tray, the primer follower hanger, drop tube limiter switch, and the powder disconnect? I really like those and would like to print them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Cura says 34 hours. I will let you know what it actually turns out to be.
    Cura has been getting more accurate with time estimates as newer versions come out. Looking forward to your settings. 36 hours ain’t so bad.

Hope TylerR's print is going perfect......mine, well .....2 out of three. the Bottom part I tried to thread with something that would thread the large spring.....wrong measurement somewhere.....I'll try again.

But the other two.....perfect!

Back to Autocad......
    Last edited by GWS; 10-03-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Cura has been getting more accurate with time estimates as newer versions come out. Looking forward to your settings. 36 hours ain’t so bad.
    Roughly 26 hours in, says about 7 to go. so I suspect will end up around 32. I updated the other post with all of the relevant settings, including travel speed. If there is any other setting you are looking for let me know.

Hope TylerR's print is going perfect......mine, well .....2 out of three. the Bottom part I tried to thread with something that would thread the large spring.....wrong measurement somewhere.....I'll try again.

But the other two.....perfect!

I really like what you have going on here GWS. Looking great so far. Generally I print a part at least 5 times before I get it correct. LOL

That said, my body print is going well. I did make one minor tweak to the design based on the result but nothing that will affect its practical use.

BTW I really like that green color you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael303 View Post
    Anti wobble locator pins.
    I am interested by these. So they hold the case more firmly in place and reduce powder flinging out? Do they fit an XL650?

TylerR: You'll get it perfected......I want to print the big base, but I gotta finish this project first....then I'll attempt the big one. Thanks for all the sharing. Be glad to share anything I have of worth.

The green was a fluke......I wanted a kelly green to match RCBS, but couldn't find anything in stock anywhere......until I found the Texas company Zyltec.......and they were out too, except for a PLA composite called Silk Green....so I bought it. Turns out it's pretty eye catching.....sorta like anodized aluminum in one light, green hard candy in another. My wife thinks I ought to buy the red silk too, so I can make Christmas ornaments. They do have Blue as well......

Our mutual friend RedlegEd likes it too.....he just bought a roll. Oh, I should mention....it's easy to print with....obviously. Beginner and all. Bed 60C Nozzle 210C. I usually print four walls, 3 in this case.....two wasn't enough, but four.....didn't think the tube walls were that thick....may be wrong, because I got a hairline void in the middle. Still learning, obviously.

I'm using IdeaMaker not Cura. Me and Cura was brain incompatible....me wired wrong logically, for that and Apple Computers too. I do hate the black screen and dull red models, though, and complained to the company..... They said they were working on an update with screen color choices.....anxiously waiting....
    Last edited by GWS; 10-03-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Well it's good that you waited on the large base anyway, to get the latest. The recessed ramp is a small change but should make the flipping buttery smooth.

My wife thinks I ought to buy the red silk too, so I can make Christmas ornaments.
    Haha, gotta keep the wife happy!

Thank you sir. 80ms print speed! Wow, now I know why mine will take so long. I run at 50ms. I may try 80 and see what happens

Thank you sir. 80ms print speed! Wow, now I know why mine will take so long. I run at 50ms. I may try 80 and see what happens
    I like to run the first layer hot and slow, and if it goes down with good adhesion your all set for higher speeds. What printer are you using again?

I have 2. A creality cr10s with microswiss all metal hot end and microswiss direct drive extruder and a ender 3 pretty stock.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with....I have like 4 K of 45 acp brass to deprive, clean and BB

I have 2. A creality cr10s with microswiss all metal hot end and microswiss direct drive extruder and a ender 3 pretty stock.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with....I have like 4 K of 45 acp brass to deprive, clean and BB
    Well 45 acp is what I have been mostly focused on, so figure that's a shoe in for you. I will tell you that de-priming with the feeder and APP press worked like a charm.
    Bulge busting was a bit more challenging, because of the amount of force necessary to push the case through the die. I would be prepared to use case lube for that process. And of course the base up feeding of the brass has been my biggest challenge. I have made a ton of reliability improvements over the last week, so its pretty solid now.

I will shoot some more video's of everything in action once I get all the new parts printed up and running.

Looking forward to it! In the process of trying to find my new favorite filament. I used to be a fan of inland brand as I have a Microcenter pretty close by. However they seemed to have changed something as it prints pretty bad now.
    I’ll have to find the link to that blue you posted. I think it was hatchbox which has always been good to me

Edit: overture

Interesting......speed.....my experience is just what is set on this IdeaMaker screen......seems a lot more complicated than I want to have to learn

The more I learn.....the more I see to learn......never considered printing at 80.....(except for infill) or driving.....another matter.....