Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shot my first python

Boolit Master

Shot my first python

I was at the range this evening and a fellow down the bench had this shiney big framed revolver. I pulled out the coonan and started sending brass over his way. He picked one up and came right over. He just had to shoot the coonan. Lol. I told him he had to let me shoot his python. The rest as you say is history. What an awesome double action!

Woot! Always fun to shoot a new (to you) gun! If you make it to Western Washington bring your Coonan and you can shoot your second Python
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies" Ron Paul

Boolit Master
    Hi psweigle.They are a sweet piece.Now,if you want to shoot some more pythons,head to Florida.They get up to 20 feet there these days.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    Never been to Washington, hmmmmmmm!

Boolit Master
    The pythons in Florida can't possibly be as useful or as pretty as that one was!

Careful coming out to Washington I know a few folks who did and just didn't bother to leave - I'm one of em Beautiful place with lots to see and hunt - plus a second Python to shoot - oh the jeopardy!

Boolit Master
    Who said anything about pretty or useful?You said you wanted to shoot a Python.Florida has plenty to shoot.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Hmmm... Maybe a trip to Florida to shoot a python with a Python? How does BBQ python taste anyway? - lots to consider

Boolit Master
    I have a Python it is a nice accurate gun. their are other gun that i have are just as accurate as my Python. The S&W L Frame. Colt Trooper is a poor man Python. Trouble with the Python they have timing problem after a lot of shooting. And finding some one who can tune them back in correctly. For the money the Colt Trooper is a better deal.

Boolit Master
    i have the lowly king cobra...but i like it!

lowly king cobra
    mozeppa you are funny! I suspect that lots of folks would be tickled to own a "lowly" boolit luncher like that - share some pics

Boolit Master
    I would LOVE to shoot a king cobra! Never stayed anywhere in Indiana! Wonder how the coonan and I would like a trip?

Boolit Master
    I've had the good fortune to be able to shoot a lot of different handguns, some rare and expensive and some so cheap it wasn't funny. I have to say that it has been a very friendly community at all the ranges I've been to.
    Last edited by psweigle; 05-04-2017 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Poor spelling

Banned
    I heard that python tastes a lot like chicken

Boolit Master
    Snake meat makes good stir-fry and the skin makes a neat hatband.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have fired Pythons, but never owned one. I do have several older V-spring Colts, both D- and I-frame, and greatly appreciate that Swiss-watch lockwork. But as mentioned above, lots of double-action firing can over time cause timing issues. I avoid rapid cycling of my old Colts in both D/A and S/A modes--that helps preserve timing.

The Colt J-frame guns--Trooper Mk III and V, King Cobras--in 357 are real sleepers. Every bit of an L-frame S&W strength-wise, with much simpler but less refined lockworks. Same story on the Colt Anacondas in 44 Mag and 45 Colt--those were Ruger-strong with very robust lockworks. Snag 'em if ya find 'em--and a few Troopers came out in 22 LR and in 22 WMR, if your tastes run to boutique items.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Lady
    I like Pythons and still have my favorite one. I found out the hard way that if you want to keep wear to a minimum, don't cycle the action really fast as it's hard on parts (as previously mentioned) and keep the ratchet/star and the hand/pawl lubed up with a good grease that'll stay put as much as possible.
    Feminine protection by Smith & Wesson

S&W m27, the gun they all try to duplicate. Accuracy, strength , durability.

I heard that python tastes a lot like chicken
    So a lot like a California Condor?

I own a Python since over 30 years and while the D/A is good, it doesn't come close to a post 1969 Korth with the roller bearing on top of the trigger.