View Poll Results: Another panic spree

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

104 85.25%
  • NO

18 14.75%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you expect another panic buying spree?

Hmmm the Cabela's over in SE Penn. seems to like reloaders more than the one in Dundee, Mich. They might have that much in the back warehouse (I don't know but they could) but up front they have about 1/3 that much space devoted to powder and primers together. Don't carry musket percussion caps either, just the inline and #10 & #11. Do have a couple of skirmishers there who are BP knowledgeable which is a happy accident.

I buy most of my stuff from small business that operates out of a gun show, I'm not paying any more than Cabela's and often less. Earned my business by being a straight shooter back when things were tough. But it is good to see such a nice full assortment. Encouraging.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, it doesn't seem as bad though right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentNut View Post
    Holy sheep! That's the most powder I have seen since 2004.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is what it looked like when I was there a month or so ago. Some smaller local shops I go to have far more than that in stock. A lot of 4 and 8 lbers to go along with the 1lbers. I buy from the smaller local shops, they have a better powder selection than Cabelas and better prices to boot.

Banned
    Well hell, can't believe the scumbag, crooked, lying, etc. lost.

Thank GOD!

Boolit Grand Master

With the insecurity gone, maybe the shelves will again fill, at prices, we can afford.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Hmmm the Cabela's over in SE Penn. seems to like reloaders more than the one in Dundee, Mich. They might have that much in the back warehouse (I don't know but they could) but up front they have about 1/3 that much space devoted to powder and primers together. Don't carry musket percussion caps either, just the inline and #10 & #11. Do have a couple of skirmishers there who are BP knowledgeable which is a happy accident.

I buy most of my stuff from small business that operates out of a gun show, I'm not paying any more than Cabela's and often less. Earned my business by being a straight shooter back when things were tough. But it is good to see such a nice full assortment. Encouraging.
    I suspect you are right about the warehouse in Dundee. I bought two pounds of Titegroup there one day and left one on the shelf. The next day it was back up to 3 pounds. Also, prices there seem to be right in line with the lgs. I have no problem buying reloading supplies from them. Firearms though, I try to avoid.

Boolit Buddy
    *in British accent*
    "With the predators appeased for the time being, the rare .22lr that remain in the wild have time to find each other and reproduce before the next hunt begins in four years. For the moment at least, it seems they have a fighting chance"
    Last edited by PerpetualStudent; 11-09-2016 at 02:42 PM. Reason: punctuation

We can call the panic off!
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    Please do , I'm waiting on the return of 22s ( at a good time price ) I haven't been able to get cci min mags for years . I donated my last 5-6 boxes along with my first 22 to a new shooter a couple years ago . That's when I realized all the 22s were gone . It was worth it of course .

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    We can call the panic off!
    I agree. But the counter was packed w/ people buying guns at a LGS about an hour ago. A bunch were first time buyers. One was a female w/ her better half and surprisingly the counter guy was giving useful advice. I was tempted to buy a gun in celebration. But there were no K32 Masterpieces on the used shelves

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Hmm, fights or rather minor scuffles at rallies vs. full on riots. Wonder which side will riot, or is a revolution different than a riot?
    Mostly their side, so far. I doubt this will kick off a revolution but the riots have already begun.
    http://www.breitbart.com/california/..._medium=social
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Well on prices I saw where Colt stock was down, believed to be a result of market anticipating less buying of colt products with a Trump win. Less demand does sometimes lead to lower prices, unless manufacturer reduces supply to maintain prices. Of course might be able to pick up some deals from the folks that bought 4 or 5 safe ornaments in anticipation of a ban driving up prices.

Makes those of us that just slowly and steadily plug away at buying what we need and a "little extra" for later feel pretty good. No panic purchases, no shortages, no problem.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Boolit Grand Master

I voted in the poll but somehow failed to comment in the thread. My answer would have been "you bet". Now I don't think so. Ruger and S&W stock both fell about 15% today. I did make a large order from Powder Valley last summer, split between a few shooting buddies. It was partly a Democratic Presidental order and partly just time to restock. I hope we made a choice that we can live with.

Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    Mostly their side, so far. I doubt this will kick off a revolution but the riots have already begun.
    http://www.breitbart.com/california/..._medium=social
    I especially like how the first paragraph describes "Violent anti-Trump Protests and Riots" but if you watch the video and listen to the commentary then read the body text you find that several protests are described as "peaceful" and one is described as about a 100 people with some small trash fires set in a street. One group started to rock a car trying to flip it but stopped when they realized someone was inside. I am reasonably sure we do better than that when our basketball team wins or loses a final four tournament. One BART station closed due to the crowd and "police and fire personnel on hand to keep an eye on things". No couch fires or pulled up street signs, didn't even knock over a light pole. Pretty sure the country can survive these "Riots".

Not just lame stream media that likes a good catchy intro or headline not well connected to or backed up by the rest of the story.

So how did the ammo background check thing do in California? Wondering if we will have to be sending brass care packages to the west coast.

I have only been stocking up on what I actually use. No Ar's, no magazines. No powder for the last 4 months.

I did buy 1k of shotgun 209 primers locally to avoid hazmat and shipping.
    I have been buying boxes of my favorite Federal Champion auto .22lr, but I got them for 6 cents a round so I am happy sitting on a few thousand spares.

I was considering looking for 150-200 lbs of wheel weights smelted in ingots. But no rush now.

Mostly been loading shot-shell's lately, Lee 7/8ths oz slugs, #1 buckshot, and the shot I made in the garage which is a blend of 5's through 8's. May not be perfect but it mostly looks pretty round.

Boolit Buddy
    RogerDat

The ammo thing passed. But it was almost a copy of the one
    That the state passed a while back.

Take care
    Abenaki

Banned

Many, now, seem very optimistic.

I'll wait for two things before I say that we're safe:

Obama to serve his last day.

Trump to live up to the pro Second position paper produced for him by the NRA versus reverting to his own lifelong anti Second positions.

While I envy the optimism, when dealing with government, cynicism is the safer bet.

Boolit Master
    You are right, Landy. Watchful wariness, always. But the other choice was a certain disaster.

If Trump is pals with Putin like the bird-cage liners say, maybe he can relax that trade restriction that stopped the importation of the cheap Russian .22s. I've been using the cartons of steel and brass cased standard velocity I socked away (at $5-something a carton) throughout this famine for plinking and practice. A little healthy competition from that stuff would bring the prices down on the domestic offerings and other imports in a hurry.

Banned

What trade restrictions? We are able to get every type of Russian made ammo here. Except the actual military. Unless it was being held in one of the satellite countries for a few years.

They are still selling the Saiga shotguns also. Soo, I don't understand