Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: RCBS Pro 2000 case feed

RCBS Pro 2000 case feed

Found a deal on a NIB pro 2000 and received a shell plate for 9mm Tuesday and had a case feed working today.

Still need to cut the locator plate and finish out the feed tube and collator interface but this is a video of how it works.

Boolit Bub
    Ok so how much is one of these going to cost me???????

Boolit Master
    JMorris,

Love it!! Lee Tech on a RCBS, Genius! It would seem that you learned a few new tricks working with the Load Master last month?
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Yeah, nothing you can't do with a little learning, rain and a crock pot for dinner.

Boolit Bub
    That is outstanding jmorris. I've had a pro 2000 since they we're first released and still think it's a great press. Do you think this would work for rifle cases? I noticed it looks like the tube hits the top of the press on upstroke of the ram.

What I have there would require a notch in the frame at least to clear a taller case.

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    What I have there would require a notch in the frame at least to clear a taller case.
    I'm thinking you could move it slightly using those mounting bosses on the front of the frame. I think they're 1/4-24 thread if memory serves. Use a slightly different version of the Lee case feeder pusher or a modified case feeder pusher for the taller rifle cases. That keeps case from tipping towards the back, then use a spring loaded hook/swing arm to keep case in the pusher until it reaches the shell plate.

I was about done with the mods to get a Loadmaster case feeder setup to smoothly handle .308 cases when the demands of my business and the joys of delivering a 5MM kidney stone have jumped in the way. I'll try to wrap that up and post a picture in the next day or so. Should be no reason why it couldn't be duplicated on the Pro 2000.

Jmorris,

If you're going to keep the Pro 2K, I'd suggest getting the "calibration" bars from RCBS for free or I can measure the ones I have and I know you can make them. This will allow you to fine tune the shell plate rotation mechanism and timing much tighter than what it comes on a out of the box press. Also, the Inline Products ergo roller handle is worth every penny on that press for volume unless you automate. GWHIS has some good mods to the primer system to increase control over on the High Road forums. Finally, buy a bunch of the primers with the APS strips pre-installed, both in large and small primer sizes. The ones that are pre-installed only come in white, not colors and in only two sizes, large & small. These would be one of the first things I think RCBS parent company might discontinue and if you have a bunch of them, the press is pretty much bullet proof and things that do wear out on it can be repaired/replaced by a local machine shop if need be. The spring that is below the index detent locking ball can be changed to get faster or slower rotation rates if need be, depending on caliber and powder used.

My apologies if I'm babbling - the pain meds help, but don't do much for one's mental processes.

Would you be kind enough to post pictures from various angles? This is a mod I was wanting to do myself.
    Last edited by DaveInFloweryBranchGA; 01-22-2016 at 06:06 PM.

I have a friend that has somewhere around 80k CCI primers in the strips but they are all rifle I think. They won't use the strips anyway, they just bought them as a just in case after sandy hook. They had a lot more but u stripped them to run in camdex machines as needed.

In any case I dont figure I will have this one that long, just playing around.

Last edited by jmorris; 01-22-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Thank you for the pictures. What you have is very similar to what I had visualized. I am curious about the sloped section of rail at the back of the case pusher track. What purpose did you have in mind for the slope? Was it/is it something you did have and changed or something leading to something more permanet?

I had thought about putting a bearing on the rear of the black plastic part that slides up and down the 1/4" square stock in case I didn't have enough travel. Will likely just cut that part off now.

Boolit Mold
    I like this, the fact that it frees up the need to manually place a case in with each pull of the handle lets you pay closer attention to other functions that are happening. I have seen another feeder that still requires you to move the feeder mechanism.

question, did you make the black plastic parts are are they from a lee feeding system. Can you put a ruler on it and given us some measurements. like the angle on the vertical movement rod and whatever else that would be helpful to recreate it?

I went looking on the internet and found the Lee case feeder, http://leeprecision.com/pro-case-feeder-large.html I see that it looks like a direct transplant of the feeder and you engineered the mounting hardware to install it on. Glad that simplifies the modification.

I was not able to find the 1/4 steel rod, its mounting hardware and the black plastic slider that goes up and down, do you have the part numbers?

answering my own questions, I've found some part numbers

feeder bracket nut is LM3260
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/534...racket-and-nut
    the rod is LM3262
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/141...placement-part
    the slide is LM3258
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/298...placement-part
    Last edited by jdbark1952; 07-04-2016 at 04:08 AM.

I have seen another feeder that still requires you to move the feeder mechanism.
    GW Star/GWS depending on what forum your on has the only other one I have seen and his is the manual one.

For Lee parts look here.
    https://www.titanreloading.com/load-master-parts

Boolit Mold
    Yeah, GWS is the creator of the one I was referring to.

Thanks for the link.