Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 22 LR ammo MAY BE letting up???????

Boolit Master

Maybe now with the politics swinging in our direction, I am still in shock that the mid-term elections actually turned out the way I had hoped it would! Since seeing the availability of RF 22s improving I have dusted off my beloved Colt New Frontier and have been defending the homestead against an invasion of hostile tin cans, now I am thinking again about trying to locate that 4" Colt Match Target I have been dreaming about!

Heck I might even settle for a plain ol' Colt Woodsman!

I forgot what a brick of .22LR looks like it's been so long. I can't believe Walmart carries ammo, unheard of here........ In NJ

Boolit Master

Did anyone else see Widener's E-Blast Email ad listing Federal AutoMatch bulk packs of 22 LR? They actually had, key word here is "had", 325 round boxes for $24.95 but they sold out in just a few minutes. While selling out so quickly is not good just the fact they actually had some to advertise is good, very good! If they are listing them in their ads, no matter how quickly they sell out, it would appear that back-orders must be filled and maybe this is another indication that things are letting up somewhat. I know we still have a long way to go but at least there are some encouraging signs these days.

https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail....100001466&dir=

Boolit Grand Master

Ammo? Heck, they sell handguns, shotguns and rifles, too.

Don't know how you can take NJ. I shake my head every time I am forced to
    visit.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

In Remembrance
    All of the wallmarts in Alaska sells handguns, but I have never seen them anywhere else. There for a while a lot of them quit selling firearms and ammo of any kind in some places.

Boolit Grand Master

They don't sell handguns here. And not every store sells firearms. I find it odd that the more rural store by me doesn't sell them. But the two that are in urban cesspools do. Still can't figure out why the store by me doesn't ever sell 308 ammo. Not even tags on the shelf for it.

Moderator Emeritus

I may be able to save $20 on a gun at Walmart over my local gun store but I will pay the extra for having an experienced gunsmith available to tweak for me for free with no shipping needed. He goes through every gun he sells, uses get test fired, new he checks for function and they all get cleaned and oiled so they are ready to shoot out of the box.

In Remembrance
    MaryB, buying local used to be the American way. The American way has changed, be it firearmsgarden produce or lawnmowers, to keep up with the times buy from wallmart, throw away what isn't right (or sell it on ebay) and watch the local businesses dry up. lol Take a lawnmower back to wallmart because the carb floods and see what you get. lol

Moderator Emeritus

I buy local as much as possible, can and preserve in fall so I have it all winter. Meat comes from local farmers who sell direct to the consumer or what I can hunt or fish.

Boolit Grand Master
    I dislike Wal Mart intensely. If I have been inside a WM 10 times in my life, such a count would surprise me. I'm not real fond of Home Depot, either. I try to spend my money at locally-owned businesses whenever possible, and don't mind a small up-charge for staying local. A few places in my old town (Ridgecrest) were rather predatory owing to their remote locale, but by shopping around you could usually bypass the buccaneers. A $500 price difference on a set of Jeep tires seemed a little ridiculous to me. Same make/model. I may have been been born at night, but it wasn't LAST NIGHT.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    I may have been been born at night, but it wasn't LAST NIGHT.
    Hhmmm . . . Tonight then?

Ok, I couldn't resist.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    It had to be in the dead of night or they would have seen him and thrown him out with the dish water.

Yup Girty made me say that.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by monmouth View Post
    I forgot what a brick of .22LR looks like it's been so long. I can't believe Walmart carries ammo, unheard of here........ In NJ
    I've heard some even carry reloading supplies.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    I know some do, and it must be a manager thing. The reason I say that is we really only have 2 places that do carry any components or anything to do with reloading and no option of ordering ammo, powder or primers from the lower 48. Wallmart here jumped in on the handgun market from day one, but nothing reloading related for whatever reason.

I think one of the reasons is wallmart purchacing practices. I was talking to the manager one day, about why they seldom ever got any 22 ammo in and when they did in such little amounts, and he said sportsmans was able to get 10 times or more than they could. All ammo was very slow to come back to wallmart here after the worst of the shortage, for the same reason.

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    Bought my first box of 22's Saturday, since the "shortage", Dick's had CCI MiniMags 100 box @ $ 9.99 limit 1 per.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    The one in Dry Ridge KY does, but it's the only one in central/northern KY I have seen that does. But I haven't been in all of them either.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Picked up 999 at walmart last week for like $54.00

Boolit Master
    Walmart in Taylorsville, NC sells reloading supplies. They have RCBS tools, bullets, primers and powder sometimes. Supplies are hit and miss around here, specially powder.

Dave

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dagger dog View Post
    Bought my first box of 22's Saturday, since the "shortage", Dick's had CCI MiniMags 100 box @ $ 9.99 limit 1 per.
    This is on final approach to "reasonable". CCI MM is a cut above bulk-pack 22 LR ammo.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    I go to Wal-mart for alot of things. Mainly groceries. Prices are usually 20-30% less than the local stores and at times hardware and some other stuff is half what local stores charge. I don't mind paying a bit more to keep it local, but not twice the amount. If I can get stuff on sale elsewhere, close to or cheaper than wally world, I will make every effort to go there. If prices are close, then I stay away from WM