Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Some SOB stole my powder!

Just go with the Trail Cam. Powder and gas cost money, why waste them, not to mention the lawsuits that would come back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by 500MAG View Post
    I say you don't do anything. Get an empty 8 pound can again and mix a bunch of powders together and leave it in plain sight. That'll fix him.
    And make sure it is about 85% Blackpowder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F)(&+&+(^*+(^+^+^+^+^+*^+&+(*^(+*^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master
    Get a empty keg and fill it with Kitty litter or saw dust

if the person sells it ----> the buyer will know he has been buying junk

and nothing there that will go bang to have a lawsuit come back to you as no one will get hurt

2x on the trail cams

Boolit Master
    Funny no one suggested reporting the burglary to the police. The thief may have left fingerprints all over the place. Pretty simple stuff.

Boolit Bub
    The last bastion of liberal thought in Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by dualsport View Post
    Funny no one suggested reporting the burglary to the police. The thief may have left fingerprints all over the place. Pretty simple stuff.
    What's funny is that anybody thinks the police dust for fingerprints

I've been robbed before, it would have been impossible NOT to leave fingerprints and the police just took our information and recommended we call our insurance company.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    A retired police detective told me this tale of fingerprinting.
    One of the local big wigs house had been broken into, and he was insistent that they dust for fingerprints. They tried to dissuade him of the idea, but he was adamant.
    The guy had light colored carpet and furniture. By the time they got done with the graphite, things were no longer light colored, and no doubt he had more damage from the fingerprint dusting, than what he lost in the burglary.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Not to sound cynical or disrespect any LE, but in my experience they don't seem to care much about this type of crime unless you have the smoking gun such as the trail cam pic would be. Now if there was a profit to be made for the local government by catching the bugler I would suspect different. Why else do you think so much more effort is put in to speed traps or seat belt checks then stopping drug dealers or a thief? I will tell you because imprisonment does not pay the system it cost unlike the other things.

My Sister had her car broken into and her purse stolen, when she asked them about finger printing she was told "Our finger print guy is only here on Tuesdays".

Seems to me the crooks would soon learn that info also and not do anything on Tuesdays.

Michael Grace

Boolit Master
    A very quiet, very intruder aggressive best friend. I'd go with the game camera,too (optimally, HD video)... oughta be hilarious YouTube fodder.

Moderator Emeritus

Here's a little story to think about. A friend of mine owns a company that installs expensive stuff in factories, and he keeps it inside a little chain link fence with a std. padlock on the gate. He'd hired a young man recently, and he knew the stuff inside was expensive, so he asked my friend, "What's to keep someone from cutting the lock and making off with all this stuff?" My buddy shot him a dirty look, and simply answered "My reputation." Of course, this was in a small town, and he DID have a rather merciless reputation toward those who wronged him, and he wasn't scared of the devil himself, which is also widely known there. Sometimes what you ARE is simply more effective than anything you can DO. In larger, more impersonal venues, this would be mighty hard to achieve, though. Still, it's worth thinking about, if real thinking hasn't gone out of style in your neck of the woods.

Blackwater - gotta love this. I HOPE I have this reputation as well, as I am pretty open about what I have with those that I consider friends. But lie to me or steal from me and all bets are off. I can be a real prick. AND I can hold a grudge, and take my sweet *** time to get even. The law can't be anywhere near as nasty as I can...

I like the way you think!
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    Hard to prove intent with items on your property. Fire wood was bought from some guy that came by, he stacked it, I paid and he left. The tree might have some civil war stuff grown into it.
    With the legal system as it is, if I had to shoot a creep in my house I would wrap the body in plastic and haul it a thousand miles to dump.
    I might like bear traps as a hobby and if a creep gets in one, tough.
    It is still my property and no one is allowed on it without permission. My home is my castle, stay out.
    If I have a pit bull that tears a creep to pieces, how is that different then a trap or looking down my .500 revolver?
    Liberals have given criminals more rights then victims. Not here on my property.
    Benjamin Franklin once said “Here comes the orator! With his flood of words, and his drop of reason.”

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry about your having a thief next door...If I ran the world thieves would be nailed to a barn door. If you can set him up and get it on a camera that's proof that can't be denied in court.