MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody need a good laugh today?

Boolit Master

Anybody need a good laugh today?

I know we have all seen this so many times, but I couldn't help myself. It's really funny with the gouging and feeding frenzy going on over at Ecraze. Looks just like the one I took off the Midway page Lee 6-Cavity Bullet Mold 452-230-TC 45 ACP, 45 Auto Rim, 45 Colt (Long Colt) (452 Diameter) 230 Grain Truncated Cone. For the unfamiliar, it's 39.99, out of stock, but it'll be back up soon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEE-OR-LYMAN...item3380403870
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Bub
    I just recently saw a 401-175-TC 2 Cavity on the same site, used and looks to be a beater and at the time was nearly 60 bucks and had a couple days to go.

I just bought the 6 Cavity Mold 358-125-RF on Midway when it came in and paid normal price, course I have the 2 Cavity and was just wanting to up production since I love this boolit so I could wait till someone had the 6 cavity in stock

Patience will pay in spades IMHO, things will settle a bit, I am hoping we are past the high water mark but looking at the prices folks are paying on certain auction site says otherwise

Boolit Bub
    I have watched people pay more than twice the full retail price for 9mm dies. On another auction site, *black powder* pistols have risen 20 to 30% in the last few months! I've just decided to sit back and enjoy the show, until things calm down.

Boolit Master

Hey, if I'm going to spend money on that kind of stuff, I'm taking the cash to NOE. But then, these poor fools probably don't even know NOE exists. What's the old saying? Oh, yeah. A fool and his money are soon parted. LOL
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Banned

they should change the title to 6 cav LEE for 4 cav lyman price.

Boolit Master
    thats nuts, Maybe we should all sell our cheap unused molds and reap the profits,
    I ordered a brand new NOE overrun this morning for not much more than that :0

Boolit Buddy
    I needed a new ladle because I dropped and cracked my very old one. I went to Ebay thinking I could pick one up cheap used. After I was out bid by $20 on a used one I went to Midway and just ordered a new one for $19.95. fortunately I needed and they had brass and other things I needed at the time so shipping was not to bad.

I just do not understand why people are willing to pay more than retail for something that is used.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tg32-20 View Post

I just do not understand why people are willing to pay more than retail for something that is used.
    because they dont know what the retail cost are
    hello.

Boolit Grand Master
    Human nature in full flower is an amazing thing at times.

As above, I'm going to sit on the sidelines and watch the game progress. Too many piranhas in this lake for me to go swimming.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

What I don't get about the NOE molds is the 9 mm is listed @ .355 the description says .358 and the plan shows .359....which is it? Or for a newb like me why are they so over sized? Is it so they can be re sized later?

Boolit Master
    Top this, $367 for a Smoked Lee two cavity bantor mold. It sold yesterday.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/360603403982...84.m1438.l2649

Boolit Buddy
    Could have bought two of those lee 6 cav for $38 each new at last weekends gun show.

Moderator Emeritus

WOW WOW WOW !!!
    Maybe it's time I auction off my two Bator 2 cav molds !!!
    again WOW !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by TES View Post
    What I don't get about the NOE molds is the 9 mm is listed @ .355 the description says .358 and the plan shows .359....which is it? Or for a newb like me why are they so over sized? Is it so they can be re sized later?
    You need to be able to size .001-.002 over groove diameter.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    Must be the smoke. Bet it takes a while to make a Lee Mold Tender.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master
    wow the seller didn't even know what manufacture made the mold
    laugh but that there is plain old stupid
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

In Remembrance

I saw that Bator mould sell and thought I should cast up a few thou and then sell the mould and wait for the craze to end and buy a new one.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    Human nature in full flower is an amazing thing at times.

As above, I'm going to sit on the sidelines and watch the game progress. Too many piranhas in this lake for me to go swimming.
    That last put coffee up my nose, thanks, Al.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

OMG! It just ended at $113.61! Can't top garym1a2's, but still, For Real? What is sad, I suppose, is that these people are walking around with us! No wonder why the 2012 election went the way it did. I know, it's a conspiracy--Feinstein and Bloomberg are having their cohorts buy up all the reloading stuff so we won't have any. LOL

Boolit Master
    My ad for a new in box 6 cavity Lee Bator mold goes active tommorrow night. If anyone needs this mold go on ebay and bid often.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    OMG! It just ended at $113.61! Can't top garym1a2's, but still, For Real? What is sad, I suppose, is that these people are walking around with us! No wonder why the 2012 election went the way it did. I know, it's a conspiracy--Feinstein and Bloomberg are having their cohorts buy up all the reloading stuff so we won't have any. LOL