Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: reloading software..

Boolit Man

reloading software..

i have seen mentioned in several threads it looks like some of you are using some type of reloading software...if i read things right. if so, what program are you using, what features do you like or dislike, how much does it cost? i did a google of it but did not like what i read about.

thanks

rm

Boolit Mold
    I developed my own relational database in Microsoft Access. Each component is captured in seperate data tables. When I define a load, I have a table that pulls from each sub-component table and stores that data. I even have a target plot routine, but have found something better since. I have included a table of different alloys as well. The main table uses drop down selection lists from the sub-component tables, so I just select the components, bullet, primer, powder, case, etc.. Bullets can refer to alloy and mould they came from. Powder has relative burn rate number (from Lyman table), and volume factor, which is used to convert to a calculated case volume percentage. Alloy table has BHN field, in addition to approximate percentage make up as well as specific gravity. So far, I am very happy with it, but still tinkering. Just recently added a calculation for total weight of each powder used, sort of an inventory check. I only have a little over 100 different experimental loads that I have developed, now settling on standard loads. I load 9mm, 38/357, .45 acp, and .308 win, only using cast for 38/357 and .45 acp.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rmaster14145 View Post
    i have seen mentioned in several threads it looks like some of you are using some type of reloading software...if i read things right. if so, what program are you using, what features do you like or dislike, how much does it cost? i did a google of it but did not like what i read about.

thanks

rm
    quickload...................its a tool not a bible.
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master

Load From A Disk. It's about $50 and gives you lots of information, especially if you have a chronograph to input its data.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.