Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Titegroup great in 35 Rem....

Titegroup great in 35 Rem....

Been looking for a bullseye accurate cast load for my xp100 35 rem with components I already had on hand (Oregon trail 140 FP .358). Unique was close, grouping around 1 1/2" for 10 at 50yds but being unavailable i had to find something else.

Had a jug of Titegroup for my 38's so I loaded up a few in the 35. Shot 3 made a scope adjustment and put the remaining 7 into a nice wad right at 1". Next time I place a bullet order I'll see if they will size 1k to .359. Happy with the results irregardless. Unsure why the pic resized off.

Use a Lee neck collet, universal exp, CCI 300's, Hornady brass, anneal necks every 5th reload.

Anybody else prefer Titegroup for reduced loads?
    Last edited by Jcm800; 07-09-2022 at 07:30 AM.

Boolit Master

I have not tried it before, but I am going to try it now.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

The unavailablity of Unique was getting old, was time to move on! Titegroup is cleaner, no leading despite the bullets being the "wrong" size so it must form a good seal. Have tried Universal as well, grouped around 2 1/2" @ 50yd w/ 140's.

Typical 50yd group with Unique / 140's.
    Attachment 301904
    Last edited by Jcm800; 07-09-2022 at 07:26 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Jcm800. -- Welcome to the site. You made a mighty nice "second" post. I've never used Titegroup, as I usually pass on the "new stuff". (new to me - I use my old favorites with boring regularity).

Thanks 725.... a wealth of info on this site. Thought some members would be interested in my results.

Boolit Man
    I use titegroup for a rifle in .32s&w long, and hope to continue, I had thought about it for a cast 38-55,but couldn't find any recorded data.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    You made a good choice with Titegroup-- I use it for reduced loads in all my rifles and for standard loads in my pistols. Of course, you need to be very careful not to double or triple charge a case, but with good reloading practices it is an excellent powder.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Tried the load at 100 yds today with the magnetospeed attached. Very impressive SD 3, ES 9, AV 1086 fps. Drop the load a tenth or two and call it good.

I have a Wichita bolt pistol in 7mm Ihmsa and would like to start shooting cast. Anyone have a online source for 7mm bullets that dont cost jacketed bullet prices. I realize most of you guys roll your own. I'm not there yet...lol
    Attachment 302124

Boolit Master

I have a .35 Remington bolt action that I use 3.5 grains of titegroup with a hollowbase 148 grain wadcutter for a 25 yard squirrel load. It will tear 1 ragged hole at that distance and the poi is on at that distance also, so I don't have to alter my scope setting or use "Kentucky" windage.
    Cast Boolits, Where lead balloons go over....

I also like Titegroup on 30-30. I use 6.5 grains under the Lee 150 grain bullet, unchecked, and tumble lubed. It works great!
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Quote Originally Posted by softpoint View Post
    I have a .35 Remington bolt action that I use 3.5 grains of titegroup with a hollowbase 148 grain wadcutter for a 25 yard squirrel load. It will tear 1 ragged hole at that distance and the poi is on at that distance also, so I don't have to alter my scope setting or use "Kentucky" windage.
    Tried DEWC in mine as well, but with Unique with great results @ 25 yd. Those HB would bout take a squirrels head off I bet...lol Next batch I'll load up some.
    I almost picked up an old Rem 600 years ago, haven't seen another since. What bolt gun do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Four-Sixty View Post
    I also like Titegroup on 30-30. I use 6.5 grains under the Lee 150 grain bullet, unchecked, and tumble lubed. It works great!
    Great to hear! Can't imagine TG not working in any med case. Going try some TG/Oregon 150's in my 300 blkout, was not impressed with unique.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Tried DEWC in mine as well, but with Unique with great results @ 25 yd. Those HB would bout take a squirrels head off I bet...lol Next batch I'll load up some.
    I almost picked up an old Rem 600 years ago, haven't seen another since. What bolt gun do you use?
    I have a Marlin XS7 with a Shaw barrel on it.
    Cast Boolits, Where lead balloons go over....