Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: I need some help IDing a shell holder type like MU-5, MU-9 and MU-11

Boolit Bub

I need some help IDing a shell holder type like MU-5, MU-9 and MU-11

I know that there are a lot of members on this forum that have a vast warehouse of knowledge in their heads and I'm hoping one can help me out. I have a few shell holders stamped MU-#, like MU-5, MU-9 and MU-11. Without knowing the company that made the shell holder, I don't know the caliber. I've sold off a lot of my brass, so I can't test the fit with a shell casing. If you can ID the 5, 9, and 11, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Boolit Master
    Do you still have a caliper? You might be able to measure the "groove" diameters and make a guess based on those.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Grand Master

Not familiar with MU, but good cross reference charts; https://duckduckgo.com/?q=MU+shell+h...=v314-1&ia=web
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    I have several Marked "MU". I was told They are Bonanza manufacture.weather that is correct or not . another source said they were very early Redding
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Bub
    I dug out my Herter's catalog, and it appears that they match up with Herter brand shell holders. Issue resolved. Thanks to all for your input.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwozdz View Post
    I dug out my Herter's catalog, and it appears that they match up with Herter brand shell holders. Issue resolved. Thanks to all for your input.
    I keep my 1968 Herter's Catalog in my bookcase just for this type of thing ... Herter's shell holder numbers are unique to Herter's and no others ...they also have screw in and snap in shell holders ...
    and for I.D.ing Herter Presses and the gazillion other products they sold ...it's invaluable .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"