Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    GWS posted video of that a few pages back. at hyper speed even.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5369971
    Just a couple of observations I noticed by the experience:

1. Angle angle angle. The base angle needs to be experimented with....it's fairly steep, but obviously with the long .357 case and the thin plate, the .357's might topple.....but they didn't, even at that test speed.

2. The thin plates were actually the best part. Thicker plates could and would, for sure at that speed, catch cases. In fact as you had to notice, the measely short 9mm, during its demo run, did in fact catch a single case at that speed. Why the 9mm and not the .357? I decided to play it in Youtube in slow motion to see.....and was surprised again. In fact, the 9mm dropped several times base up! But none of them arrived below base up. Therefore their base weight had to have turned them in the funnel!! Amazing. Did not expect that. Yet the reason for that hang was still not obvious, but I doubt it would have happened at a slower speed.

If you use the adjustable slide at the front, just be sure to make it as wide as it allows......or print the non-adjustable fully open one, if TylerR has added it.
    Last edited by GWS; 04-02-2022 at 03:10 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    GWS posted video of that a few pages back. at hyper speed even.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5369971
    Thanks.

I’ve been away for a while and now I’m thoroughly confused.
    Is the 300mm the Mongo or is there now another size of collator?

Boolit Man
    There are 3 versions... the original, 300mm and the Mongo. The 300 is between the original and the Mongo. The mongo is the largest.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by azlester View Post
    There are 3 versions... the original, 300mm and the Mongo. The 300 is between the original and the Mongo. The mongo is the largest.
    This is incorrect, the original had a 147.5mm plate size which seems to have been removed.
    What you are calling the "Original " has a 179.5mm plate size.

So in reality there are 4 different sizes which is why I am confused.

The question remains what build plate size is required for each of the new sizes?
    Last edited by thump_rrr; 04-02-2022 at 01:07 PM.

Ammo Mike's is the smallest, and TylerR was inspired by it to produce three bigger sizes, along with the many enhancements for them including the clutch feature.

So now, the original in the downloads is TylerR's original. The Mongo came next inspired by TylerR's new big Creality machine with it's 350mm square bed.

The original (TylerR's) was barely able to be printed on the normal Creality Enders. The 300mm size was created for us who print on 300x300mm beds, like my CR-10 v2. Affectionately called the "just right" by some like me, since I can't print the Mongo on my printer.

The parts are listed by size in the downloads. If there are no "size" descriptions like, "Mongo" or "300" then they go with TylerR's original size not AmmoMike's smaller original. (in

One thing TylerR did for the lazy to learn, like me , was to generate plates for just about everything on every size. But the plate generator is still included for those who need or want to vary from the ones already created. AmmoMike's smaller plates can still be generated using the generator, originally created by AmmoMike, if you can find his original generator, but the ones already generated on TylerR's downloads are for his 3 models.

I must add, that TylerR has added many options to the generator that AmmoMike did not provide in his.....obviously needed for the bigger collators, plus the wonderful clutch feature. That said, TylerR would be the first to say that we all owe a lot to AmmoMike for his efforts and vision.

Update: In the plate generator, the first parameter listed is plate size.....there are three, small, medium, and large......tyler's original, the 300 and Mongo.
    Last edited by GWS; 04-02-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Ammo Mike's is the smallest, and TylerR was inspired by it to produce three bigger sizes, along with the many enhancements for them including the clutch feature.

So now, the original in the downloads is TylerR's original. The Mongo came next inspired by TylerR's new big Creality machine with it's 350mm square bed.

The original (TylerR's) was barely able to be printed on the normal Creality Enders. The 300mm size was created for us who print on 300x300mm beds, like my CR-10 v2. Affectionately called the "just right" by some like me, since I can't print the Mongo on my printer.

The parts are listed by size in the downloads. If there are no "size" descriptions like, "Mongo" or "300" then they go with TylerR's original size not AmmoMike's smaller original.

One thing TylerR did for the lazy to learn, like me , was to generate plates for just about everything on every size. But the plate generator is still included for those who need or want to vary from the ones already created. AmmoMike's smaller plates can still be generated using that generator, originally created by AmmoMike, but the ones already generated on TylerR's downloads are for his 3 models.

I must add, that TylerR has added many options to the generator that AmmoMike did not provide.....obviously needed for the bigger collators, plus the wonderful clutch feature. That said, TylerR would be the first to say that we all owe a lot to AmmoMike for his efforts and vision.
    I’m aware of the enhancements such as the clutch which I had suggested.
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5096122

I’ve simply been away too long and things seem to change very rapidly.
    Off to find a printer with a 350mm x 350mm bed.

One thing I left out......AmmoMike's plate diameter is not one of the three options listed in TylerR's version of the generator...small (T_origin), medium (300), large (Mongo). To print AmmoMike's size, specify 147.5mm for plate diameter, instead of the listed options.

I probably won't ever have at 350mm capable printer to print Mongo, but the 300 is ample for rifle cases I collate....the biggest for me is .308. Here is the 300 size compared to the T_original:

Last edited by GWS; 04-02-2022 at 02:22 PM.

Boolit Mold

Lee APP Collator Mount Height

If you want to see what I had for the tube setup, the video in the manual shows it pretty well. Here is a picture of what I am doing now.
    I see you mounted your APP collator on a pipe. Roughly how high off of the bench are you mounting that? Does anyone have a good picture showing it mounted?

This is my setup.
    Works pretty well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20220403_235507.jpg  
    Last edited by 45acp; 04-03-2022 at 06:06 PM.

Boolit Man
    Just to confrim... the 2 screws needed for the hex clutch are #6-32x 1/2 inch? Looks like it is set up for flat head screws... correct?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by azlester View Post
    Just to confrim... the 2 screws needed for the hex clutch are #6-32x 1/2 inch? Looks like it is set up for flat head screws... correct?
    Yes, correct

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    MSUICEMAN
    Thank you!

I have a question.
    Would it be possible to make this adapter with a slight steeper angle?
    I size .452 SWC and sometimes bullets jams where the spring begins.
    I have tried keeping the main body less angled but that causes the bullets not fall back on the collator plate when not dropped, and the amount of bullets adds up to the point that they fall out (they just stands there on their fat base )
    And if i move the collator backward the angle is on the other end of the spring at the case feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    I have a question.
    Would it be possible to make this adapter with a slight steeper angle?
    I size .452 SWC and sometimes bullets jams where the spring begins.
    I have tried keeping the main body less angled but that causes the bullets not fall back on the collator plate when not dropped, and the amount of bullets adds up to the point that they fall out (they just stands there on their fat base )
    And if i move the collator backward the angle is on the other end of the spring at the case feeder.
    Something like this?
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...ter_Angled.stl

I have not printed or tested it.

Something like this?

Will print and test it.
    Will let you know

Something like this?

Ha Ha! Took you all of 5 minutes to come up with that? I was thinking about how to mod the part below it.....that's why TylerR gets the big bucks. Also, with my DesignSpark skills it would have taken me all day.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    Will print and test it.
    Will let you know
    Make sure you align the bottom to build plate. looks like it is slightly off.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Ha Ha! Took you all of 5 minutes to come up with that? I was thinking about how to mod the part below it.....that's why TylerR gets the big bucks. Also, with my DesignSpark skills it would have taken me all day.
    I think that was also the intent of 45acp. Would be a more difficult part to mod, would be very awkward twisting it in, and there are 10+versions of it, instead of one.

Just threw one on the printer.
    Last edited by TylerR; 04-04-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
    I’m aware of the enhancements such as the clutch which I had suggested.
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5096122

I’ve simply been away too long and things seem to change very rapidly.
    Off to find a printer with a 350mm x 350mm bed.
    my opinion is that Mongo is a bit overkill. 300mm is perfect for cases or bullets, which is why I named it Just Right. And yes, AM's used 147.5mm plates. You can still create those with the generator, but they are not part of my project. The "original" collator I designed uses 179.5 plates.

I think that was also the intent of 45acp. Would be a more difficult part to mod, would be very awkward twisting it in, and there are 10+versions of it, instead of one.

Just threw one on the printer.
    I agree that part is the best one to modify, but you still might end up with 2 or at most 3 different angle versions, which is better than 10. Good job.