Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Buddy
    Which part does that? I'm ok with Using the tube in between
    The only ones that slip into bottom of drop tube are the hornady adapters and they are too big to go over tube...... 22ish mm

Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Which part does that? I'm ok with Using the tube in between
    The only ones that slip into bottom of drop tube are the hornady adapters and they are too big to go over tube...... 22ish mm
    You are correct actually. The current part goes from spring adapter to dillon clear tube. I am in the process of adding two parts. One will go from drop tube directly to the Dillon part. Working on it now so should be done in a few hours. What caliber btw?

Boolit Buddy
    Tyler.... This would actually be ideal.... An adapter between these two since the tube size does not change. This one is 9mm

I think unless you go Magnum, the tube is consistent 18.30 OD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210310_102328.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	279314

Tyler.... This would actually be ideal.... An adapter between these two since the tube size does not change. This one is 9mm

I think unless you go Magnum, the tube is consistent 18.30 OD

Name:	20210310_102328.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	279314
    Yes, that is exactly what I am creating

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what I am creating
    Let me know... My printer is free to test!

Running a final test print. I have 3 adapters.

- Spring adapter -> Dillon clear tube
    - Spring adapter -> Dillon insert
    - Drop Tube - Dillon insert

Quote Originally Posted by Master Sergeant View Post
    Great video. Thanks for sharing.

New adapters are up. Let me know what you think.

Boolit Buddy
    New adapters are up. Let me know what you think.
    Perfect, I will color match it later... Blue was in the printer. It is a very snug fit.... so i didn't push them all the way in yet

Name:	20210311_064017.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	279348

Perfect, I will color match it later... Blue was in the printer. It is a very snug fit.... so i didn't push them all the way in yet
    Looks good. Make sure there isn't any elephants foot or other rough spots. It should fit like a glove. Like everything else it is designed to print at .12 layer height. Anything larger and the fit will be tighter.

Boolit Buddy
    Looks good. Make sure there isn't any elephants foot or other rough spots. It should fit like a glove. Like everything else it is designed to print at .12 layer height. Anything larger and the fit will be tighter.
    I do think I printed it at .20 just to print it quick.... will print another

So I got bored today and decided to create a new large body. It is 300mm internal diameter, and would require a print bed of 350mm+. It is basically the size of the Dillon case feeder. The only special part is the ramp because the curvature is so different. Every other part is compatible, including the mounts. I have not printed it myself because it is too large for my standard Ender 5, but I may eventually pick up an Ender 5 plus.

So if anyone is feeling froggy and wants to print a large collator, the two files are posted in the Downloads.
    Again, disclaimer, I have not printed this base yet, but I did double check my work as far as dimensions and concentricity.

For reference here are the 3 feeders in comparison, including the original AM version.

Name:	unknown.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	279430

Boolit Master

So I got bored today and decided to create a new large body. It is 300mm internal diameter, and would require a print bed of 350mm+. It is basically the size of the Dillon case feeder. The only special part is the ramp because the curvature is so different. Every other part is compatible, including the mounts. I have not printed it myself because it is too large for my standard Ender 5, but I may eventually pick up an Ender 5 plus.

So if anyone is feeling froggy and wants to print a large collator, the two files are posted in the Downloads.
    Again, disclaimer, I have not printed this base yet, but I did double check my work as far as dimensions and concentricity.

For reference here are the 3 feeders in comparison, including the original AM version.

Name:	unknown.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	279430
    Hi TylerR!,
    Interesting, but this is beginning to look a lot like the story of Goldilocks and the three bears! So now we have a "baby" size bowl, a "mama" size bowl, and a "papa" size bowl. On a personal level, I would never use anything bigger than your current body, and then it would be for cases. I'll probably stick to the original AM version for bullets simply because of my reloading practices, I don't need a much larger volume of bullets. I'm guessing the collator plates would also have to be enlarged, otherwise you'll have too much of a gap between the wall and the plate.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi TylerR!,
    Interesting, but this is beginning to look a lot like the story of Goldilocks and the three bears! So now we have a "baby" size bowl, a "mama" size bowl, and a "papa" size bowl. On a personal level, I would never use anything bigger than your current body, and then it would be for cases. I'll probably stick to the original AM version for bullets simply because of my reloading practices, I don't need a much larger volume of bullets. I'm guessing the collator plates would also have to be enlarged, otherwise you'll have too much of a gap between the wall and the plate.
    Ed
    Haha, yes that is true. Although I have nothing to do with the "baby" bowl. lol
    I really was just bored and figured you know what, lets create a case feeder the same sized as Dillon. It would really shine for people looking to feed lots of larger cases, like 30-06 and such.
    The best part is with the exception of the ramp, every other part is compatible. But yes the plates themselves would be printed at 298mm or so.

Boolit Bub

Name:	20210312_175116.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	279450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210312_175111.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	279451

hey tyler

just got the 45/70 dies printed when I put the bearings in they sit at rest in the recess moving the barrel up to simulate the case entering locks it as there is no room to move up may need to move the recess up thoughts??

steve

Quote Originally Posted by greekman View Post

Name:	20210312_175116.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	279450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210312_175111.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	279451

hey tyler

just got the 45/70 dies printed when I put the bearings in they sit at rest in the recess moving the barrel up to simulate the case entering locks it as there is no room to move up may need to move the recess up thoughts??

steve
    Yes, it looks like I had the recess 20mm too low. Sorry bout that. Just reposted a new version of the body.

Haha, yes that is true. Although I have nothing to do with the "baby" bowl. lol
    I really was just bored and figured you know what, lets create a case feeder the same sized as Dillon. It would really shine for people looking to feed lots of larger cases, like 30-06 and such.
    The best part is with the exception of the ramp, every other part is compatible. But yes the plates themselves would be printed at 298mm or so.
    Wow! That thing makes my original Hornady Bullet feeder look small with its outside Diameter of 250mm!.....but my CR-10v2 will print it. But with its 300X300x400 bed, not your big bear......I'll have to pass.

Boolit Buddy
    I've been away from this thread for the last few weeks due to the arrival of my Star Lube Sizer and my Magma Caster.
    I am in the process of installing my bullet feeder onto the Star lube sizer and automating the Magma Caster as we speak.
    It seems that the new larger body may give me the reason I needed to add a CR-6 Max printer to the family.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi TylerR!,
    Ed
    I will start it today or tomorrow.
    btw I'm having trouble finding the adapter from the bottom of the "brass drop chute " to the top end of the microswitch tube for the APP. FEEDER DROP -> (ADAPTER NEEDED) -> Switch drop tube -> clear APP tube -> APP