Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hensley & Gibbs Bullet Moulds: 1991 to 2021

Good to see you too buddy. Email on the way.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.hensleygibbs.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Boolit Master

WOW! I've only got 11 H&G molds.

That's quite the collection!

I did scoop up a #249 six cavity the other day. I never even knew it existed, but once I saw it I knew I had to have it.

I love the four cavity H&G molds as well as the four cavity SAECO molds.

I do have to say that brass molds by NOE, MP, Arsenal, and Accurate come very close to the quality of an H&G mold, at least in my opinion.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    I have an eight cavity, a 6 cavity and a 4 cavity. The 8 cavity is a S242 .45 SWC and is a beast, the 6 cavity is a 73 a .38 SWC 145 gr and the 4 is a 50 .38 WC.

Boolit Man
    If my records are correct, I have 23 H&G Molds. Some I don't even have guns chambered for. I have 68, 50, 45, 51, 290, 256, S55, 254, 251, 309, 55 & 73. Several multiples. Five 10-cavity molds. I probably need therapy.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    If my records are correct, I have 23 H&G Molds. Some I don't even have guns chambered for. I have 68, 50, 45, 51, 290, 256, S55, 254, 251, 309, 55 & 73. Several multiples. Five 10-cavity molds. I probably need therapy.
    Devon,

Purely in the interests of you feeling better, you can send all those H&G molds to me for disposal. For just a slight nominal fee, of course.

Robert

You are not the only one. I have a bunch that I don't even own guns for. They were unusual, mint condition or new in the box, or not that expensive.
    It's all Tom's fault!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Moderator Emeritus

I will also forward my appreciation for your hard work...as it has helped me with a couple purchases.

The three molds I own are from the earliest of times, labeled Geo A Hensley.
    one is a well worn 4 cav Long nose 38 WC, but still casts great.
    one is a 2 cav #50 that looks minty, haven't poured any yet.
    Lastly is a 2 cav, with one cav a #68 and the other cav is #6, this also looks minty and casts great, but both cavities are a wee bit on the fat side.

So I guess I have to say I current don't own a H&G mold ...I own three H molds, LOL.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Naw your just getting started.
    Thanks for sharing this post,I enjoy reading your articles.I've used some H &G molds since the 70's myself
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

My H&G molds are a pleasure to cast with. Thank you for all of the work you did in gathering info and starting a web site.

Boolit Master

I only have a 2-cavity H&G #68 (the famous .45acp 200gr SWC design), but it's a work of art. Sadly somebody broke the original bolt that holds on the screw-plate, but it was replaced with a modern bolt and still works just fine.

Oddly-enough, I acquired it in a trade for my detested Lee 6-cav so-called 'clone' of that bullet (not even a close clone, as you'll see below) and still feel I came out on top. Here's an interesting comparison photo I took a number of years ago and clearly shows the differences - I do love the subtle curves on the nose of the H&G:

My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

For some of the extremely popular, and great performing profiles, I wonder if there would be any value in laser scanning the cavities and making some CAD models? Might be worth it to get new versions available.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I have a H&G68 6 cavity mold bought it back in 1986. I just love it. I think I paid around $275 for it. It's a work of art. Very heavy don't drop it on your foot.
    I meet the owner when I was in Oregon 85. Back then He said it was one man operation. I knew then if I was going to order I better do it soon. I wish I would have bought more
    NRA Life member since 91
    Retired Guard 20yrs
    Shoot,Shovel,Shut-up

Boolit Master

I've got 6 H&G molds. The only one I cast with now is the 4 cavity #50. I also have a 6 cavity #50 but have gotten too old to handle it. I have never understood how anyone could use those 10 cavity monsters.
    John
    W.TN

Vendor Sponsor

I am among the casters that have not had much experience with H&G molds. Do these come up for sale often or are they the rare bird? Then too, these are not great times to find loading and casting equipment.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master

There's always a few available on Fleabay.

I own a few H&G molds. As far as I'm concerned MP, Arsenal, Accurate, and NOE make a mold that's every bit as good as an H&G.

Part of the mystic around H&G molds is that they were VERY expensive, the other choices were Lyman, RCBS, and Lee, and a small handful of others depending on the time frame.
    NRA Benefactor.