RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: selling primers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    My 2¢
    ..and I mean no criticism, as this could be taken as such, No Job? Then you don't need a newer vehicle. I assume you need to replace a vehicle, first I'd consider selling something else, that will predictably be more easy to replace when you get the Job.
    Because getting top price for Primers ain't gonna be easy. Replacing them in the future might be difficult.
    Anyway, I'd sell "whatever" to raise enough to buy a $2K car, that'll get you around, until you get a job.

Back to Primers, you could try selling some primers locally, and if you are successful getting over $100 per $1K, count yourself lucky, and just sell enough for a cheap car.
    I honestly mean the best, with this advice,
    Good luck.
    100$/thousand should be easy.

within the last month I've seen them go from 80/1000 to 120/1000 to 150/1000 to 200/1000 and on gb iv'e seen 350/1000

At 100/1000 he should be ablse to sell same day after posting an add and then watch the cars line up at his door.

"Oh ya, I hoard toilet paper also."

Boolit Master
    I thought about this a lot last night and this morning. If buyers offered me $250 a brick I would sell off almost my complete supply except for keeping 1k each of SR, SP, LP, and LR. Cash only face to face sales.
    Moving back to Alaska

Boolit Grand Master

It's not immoral to charge what people are willing to pay if it's not truly an essential item. Example would be after a natural localized natural disaster raising the price of a bottle of water to $100 is immoral. On the other hand if your are selling water for a dollar a bottle and have the only bottle of flavored water within a hundred miles and you want $100 for the flavored water verse $1 of unflavored that is not immoral selling the flavored water for $100 since the flavored water is a want not a need.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    My how things have changed. I recall a couple of guys getting hammered on this site for wanting to sell primers for $80/k (or thereabouts).

Selling primers is not difficult. Find a place that sells reloads (check with competitive shooters who may know) or place an ad in your state gun organization site. About a month ago a shop in MI was paying $100/k for SPP and SRP and buying whatever you had to sell. They were paying that for Tula and Wolf. I expect pricing has gone up. Visit the local gun clubs and ask to put up an ad. If you are worried about security use a disposable phone. Bring a buddy for the FTF exchange. My buddy is a Vet and was happy to ride shotgun and get out of the house. We had to drive a few hours but had a good time along the way.

BTW, everyone I met was grateful to get stuff and were good people. No problems at all, but I do not live in Detroit either. One guy called me a couple of weeks later looking for more bullets (he took all my .45 cast) and I sold him all my .45 defensive ammunition.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    My how things have changed. I recall a couple of guys getting hammered on this site for wanting to sell primers for $80/k (or thereabouts).

Selling primers is not difficult. Find a place that sells reloads (check with competitive shooters who may know) or place an ad in your state gun organization site. About a month ago a shop in MI was paying $100/k for SPP and SRP and buying whatever you had to sell. They were paying that for Tula and Wolf. I expect pricing has gone up. Visit the local gun clubs and ask to put up an ad. If you are worried about security use a disposable phone. Bring a buddy for the FTF exchange. My buddy is a Vet and was happy to ride shotgun and get out of the house. We had to drive a few hours but had a good time along the way.

BTW, everyone I met was grateful to get stuff and were good people. No problems at all, but I do not live in Detroit either. One guy called me a couple of weeks later looking for more bullets (he took all my .45 cast) and I sold him all my .45 defensive ammunition.
    If you are looking for a safe place to transact face to face, meet in the parking lot of the local police station.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Master

Unless in NYC or Jersey.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    so hypothetically, if you needed say a newer vehicle and had a goodly stash of primers but no job, would you sell and pay cash for a vehicle or keep the primers and hope you found a job that would allow you to make payments on a vehicle. would you find it immoral to charge what people are willing to pay (200-250 per k), your not holding a gun on them, forcing them to buy. given all the rules coming down the line would it be wiser to sell most all your guns and supplies now while there is a market, or lose them in a boating accident and hope the ptb's dont find them buried in your yard. just some pondering.
    If I had enough primers to sell that I could take the money and pay cash for a new car, my wife would be driving a new car.

Boolit Master
    nothing immoral about capitalism. I wouldn't even consider it profiteering. Your primers are worth exactly as much as someone is willing to pay.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

First nothing wrong with getting the most you can for your inventory. But I would only sell if I New I had more than a lifetime supply. If you can replace them in the future, it won’t be for what you paid for them in the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    Unless in NYC or Jersey.
    Rancher is in eastern Colorado. The only way the police would break up the deal is to bid higher than the buyer.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Sold 10k of SRP last August for $70/k - wish I'd of hung on to them another six months seeing what they're going for now...

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
    If you are looking for a safe place to transact face to face, meet in the parking lot of the local police station.
    Did one in the Cabala’s lot, three at another large sporting goods store, one At McDonald’s, one at the local gas station. But being rural has advantages. Also, by using a shooting forum to place the ad, there is less chance of getting mystery buyers.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Wholesale Hunter has CCI LR listed for $425 per thousand , guess I won't be doing business with them again .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

Wow.. Cheaper than dirtbag type of prices.

Boolit Buddy
    I’m selling my stash of wolf SPP for $350/k

Boolit Master

ok so this thread was started just to contemplate what could be. all the gun control crap coming down the pike scares me and got me thinking, what if they outlaw this stuff, will I hide it and risk going to prison or cash out now while there is a healthy market. the ranch covers it own bills but does not leave any left overs and my ranch hauling truck is over 20 years old and needs to be replaced, it still works but it is a vital piece of equipment without a back up, a replacement is in the 70k range and no way the ranch can afford that. it would be easy to get a table at one of the gun shows in denver but the only way to sell would be for cash, dont want to pay a card company or have any .gov people in my business.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    I wish I had some primers, I lost all of that sort of thing in an unfortunate canoeing accident

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I think the price will keep going up, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    Wholesale Hunter has CCI LR listed for $425 per thousand , guess I won't be doing business with them again .
    At Mountain City Supply, they're only $300. for Federal or $325. for CCI Small rifle.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.