Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconpunch View Post
    Looks like Tyler might be updating the manual and files. Keep checking his Downloads link on his signature. All the information you need is in that great manual he has.

Is anyone using the Double Dillon 750 mount to hold 2 feeders? Just wondering if I should print that or if someone found another way to install 2 printers using the 750 casefeeder pole.
    Give me a little bit. I'll take a pic of my setup and see if you like it. Easier to print. Uses 1 inch square aluminum tube from big box stores.

EDIT: Here you go. Unfortunately, no way to get around support for the middle part where the tube goes through. Simple 1 inch square aluminum from HD or Lowes. Tapped with 1/4-20. Sorry for the mess...still temp setup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	277211

Name:	m2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	277212

Name:	m3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	277213

Name:	m4.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	277214

Name:	Mount1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	277215

Name:	Mount2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	277216

Name:	Mount3.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	277217

Name:	Mount4.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	277218
    Last edited by kc10kevin; 02-08-2021 at 10:11 PM.

v1.4.0 has been posted.

Boolit Mold
    Guys, I finally figured out access to the information and have done some looking over it. I must say, this is by far the best resource I have seen with regards to something out in public domain and free to access. You all have put in a ton of work and I wish I had just a little bit of the talent it took to do this. Awesome stuff!!!!

Boolit Mold

Name:	purple bf.jpg 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	277233 just figured i would post a pic of my latest build ... and i have a friend that i did one for his Lee app who does a youtube channel called sketers buzz who will be posting a video of it soon

Boolit Mold
    Weird question, but I have a MRB conversion kit, would it be possible to print out the bullet feeder and still be able to reuse the parts from the conversion kit?

Quote Originally Posted by impala68 View Post
    just figured i would post a pic of my latest build ... and i have a friend that i did one for his Lee app who does a youtube channel called sketers buzz who will be posting a video of it soon
    Cool. Please have him mention the licensing and attribution in his video.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by kc10kevin View Post
    Give me a little bit. I'll take a pic of my setup and see if you like it. Easier to print. Uses 1 inch square aluminum tube from big box stores.

EDIT: Here you go. Unfortunately, no way to get around support for the middle part where the tube goes through. Simple 1 inch square aluminum from HD or Lowes. Tapped with 1/4-20. Sorry for the mess...still temp setup.

Name:	m2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	277212

Name:	m3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	277213

Name:	m4.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	277214

Name:	Mount1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	277215

Name:	Mount2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	277216

Name:	Mount3.jpg 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	277217

Name:	Mount4.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	277218
    That looks amazing!! I would definitely be interested in giving that a try. I see no mess there compared to my bench lol.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconpunch View Post
    That looks amazing!! I would definitely be interested in giving that a try. I see no mess there compared to my bench lol.
    Thanks. Lol. You didn’t see what’s below all over the bench! I PMd you.

Boolit Buddy

You have the STL's avaliable for this.... I just pulled the trigger on a XL750 and didn't order the case feeder, figure I will use 2 of these guys...

FYI Dillon estimates 12 weeks wait on order!

Boolit Buddy
    A little update.
    Printed the 6.5 Creedmoor rifle plate ans started testing with Hornady 140gr ELD-M bullets.
    Bullets kept jamming in the right hand bolt holes for the Dillon mount.
    Plugged holes and continued testing.
    As soon as I had more than 12 bullets in the collator they would fly out as seen in the video below.
    I tried installing the sweeper but all it does is jam things up
    I am currently printing a rudimentary tall flipper and will get back to testing tomorrow.
    screenshot studio
    Last edited by thump_rrr; 02-09-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    You have the STL's avaliable for this.... I just pulled the trigger on a XL750 and didn't order the case feeder, figure I will use 2 of these guys...

FYI Dillon estimates 12 weeks wait on order!
    When I ordered my 750 last month it only took a week for the press to ship.. But its been 4 weeks now for a 223 conversion kit.

Boolit Master

Nice

Hi Kevin,
    First, thank you for your service! Really a nice job on the mount, very much like the square tube mount that GWS came up with. What was design CAD? I think I'll borrow some of your design but as a clamp-on as my XL650 has the Dillon Case Feeder. That way I can mount my bullet feeder to the post instead of onto the bowl of the case feeder. Did you post the STLs on Thingiverse?
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
    A little update.
    Printed the 6.5 Creednoor rifle plate ans started testing with Hornady 140gr ELD-M bullets.
    As soon as I had more than 12 bullets in the collator they would fly out as seen in the video below.
    I am currently printing a rudimentary tall flipper and will get back to testing tomorrow.
    You need to be using the #11 slide plate with the #11 collator plate. Never going to work with a regular slide.
    Last edited by TylerR; 02-09-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Boolit Master

A little update.
    Printed the 6.5 Creednoor rifle plate ans started testing with Hornady 140gr ELD-M bullets.
    screenshot studio
    Hi thump_rrr,
    Just a suggestion, but why not print a simple plug for the bolt/screw hole(s) to prevent the tips from digging in? If you still have that red filament, it'll even match!
    Ed

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by cdstang View Post
    When I ordered my 750 last month it only took a week for the press to ship.. But its been 4 weeks now for a 223 conversion kit.
    That's Promising! I ordered 9, 223, and .45acp

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi thump_rrr,
    Just a suggestion, but why not print a simple plug for the bolt/screw hole(s) to prevent the tips from digging in? If you still have that red filament, it'll even match!
    Ed
    Already done.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    You need to be using the #11 slide plate with the #11 collator plate. Never going to work with a regular slide.
    That is the #11 Collator plate with 2 changes H=20 and W=6.72 as per the notes in OpenScad.
    I tried the #11 slide plate and all the bullets fall out. I will post a video of that tonight.

That is the #11 Collator plate with 2 changes H=20 and W=6.72 as per the notes in OpenScad.
    I tried the #11 slide plate and all the bullets fall out. I will post a video of that tonight.
    Yes please do. Would like to help you work through the issue.

That is a problem I had with my #11 plate even using the #11 slider too.....bullets get stuck between bullets in hole and the base wall and they don't play nice from that position. It was only tilted at 35 degrees tho so wondering what 45 degrees will do. Waiting for a motor for the new base I just mounted with a proper rotating mount to test. Hoping it comes in today....

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    That is a problem I had with my #11 plate even using the #11 slider too.....bullets get stuck between bullets in hole and the base wall and they don't play nice from that position. It was only tilted at 35 degrees tho so wondering what 45 degrees will do. Waiting for a motor for the new base I just mounted with a proper rotating mount to test. Hoping it comes in today....
    I recommend 45 degrees at a minimum for anything. That is about what the Dillon case feeder is. But some things benefit from a steeper angle. Feeding brass base up is one of them. Using the #11 plate and slide is another. Go big my man!