MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder on Gunbroker - Beyond Insane

It felt kind of neat to meet a polite young member of CB yesterday and sell him 5 pounds of powder for $125- in the parking lot of the gouge palace known as Cabelas......

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    It felt kind of neat to meet a polite young member of CB yesterday and sell him 5 pounds of powder for $125- in the parking lot of the gouge palace known as Cabelas......
    Good on you, Texas!!!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    It was 26.00 and change with the tax.
    That's right at what I paid for some Alliant 'Dot' powder in the last week or so.
    Its up about a buck or two from last year.

Even a year or so ago, it seems like IMRs and Winchester stuff was a couple bucks more and in the mid-20s.
    I saw some on the shelf the other day, but didn't look at the price since they weren't my favorites.

When I saw IMRs and Win748 for around $26. & change last year,,,,
    I took a more serious look at 'The Load' for my 7.62 & .30-06 and grabbed a couple pounds of Red Dot.

Just a wild guess, but I think a lot of new powder production is also going to new ammo production like primers are.
    Hopefully it will catch up along with primers in the not to distant future.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 01-27-2021 at 12:42 AM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    Getting my truck fixed; and so I had a feller at the place to give me a ride to the LGS. Service of the dealership, Toyota. They had quite a few brands, but no Unique or Bullseye, mostly Hornady and whoever makes 700x. Never tried HP-38, but I remembered some of y'all said it was ok. Bought a true pound of HP-38 for $27 and tax = $30.03 or so. Did I do ok, mostly load 44 Special, 38 Special, and 32S&W Long, and with my homecast boolits in all three?

HP38/231 at $30 per pound sound high but it's the normal. I picked up 3 one pounders at a gun show for $90 out the door. My last 8 pounder was the last of a lot i bought in 2002 for $65 each.

I have powders I bought every so often I wanted to try and buy a few pounds try them out . If they did good in any single firearm I would stock up with either a few more pounds or some bigger jugs depending big or little cartridges. I am in no way short of any kind of powder . I can in no way shoot it all up ,my kids know exactly what to do with it. Unique was the first 4# jug I ever bought in 1979, still has some in it with a couple of pounds of the new Unique for my .32 Special ,the only cartridge I use it in.
    Last edited by Randy Bohannon; 01-28-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    There's one born every minute!

Boolit Buddy

Went by an LGS today that had 4227 for $45/lb, maybe it's a sign of what's coming but I'm not there yet.

Boolit Master
    Jeff Bartlett still has br5 for $20/lb. if I needed powder id be all over that

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    Jeff Bartlett still has br5 for $20/lb. if I needed powder id be all over that
    Best advise I've read yet...

Boolit Master
    The only powder I'm a bit low on is real black powder. Grafs has reenactor powder in stock for just under $20 per lb delivered to my door so I ordered 8 lb. It's kind of a mixed size grains soI'll get a couple of different screen sizes and grade it my self.

I have to admit, I never dreamed I'd see powder and primers going at the prices they are today. I may be wrong, but I believe a lot of it is fear driven. Fear of it never going back to normal prices, more legislation, etc.

A was in a gun shop this past week and spotted an 8 Lb. jug of W-296 for $210. I have to admit, I was tempted to grab it up. Later that evening I checked Gunbroker prices and it confirmed what I already figured it would. That same jug of 8 Lbs is going north of $500-600 dollars on Gunbroker. I just hope a shooter in need of it wound up with it. That, and kudo's to the shop owner.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowpro440 View Post
    Its only a short term thing for another 6 months to a year then back to the norm.....
    Sorry, but with Cornpop and Trixie, we’re all done.

Boolit Man
    I have found powder readily available and in the flavor that i need. At a local store i recently like within the last two weeks purchased 8 lbs of 231 for 193.00 out the door.
    I would have bought more but that was all the money i had available. i figured that was a good price in the current market and should keep me in loading cast for a while.
    KW
    Lifetime Reloader
    Veteran
    NRA- Benefactor