Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo

Boolit Master

When I got divorced and moved back up to Idaho, I worked for a small ammo company that was started during the Obama election shortage. It had established itself as a quality manufacturer of defensive ammo, PNW Arms.

I did quality control inspection and it was a fun job, but the business owners decided to instead of continuing to produce high quality ammo, start marketing their automated reloading equipment. That venture failed miserably and they went out of business within a few months.

Had they just stuck to creating quality ammo and held on a couple of more years, they would be swimming in money today.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    Forty pallets, a ton each, would fit nicely in a conex, and where else can you get a 100% return on investment? ..........
    Are you insinuating that the current shortage is caused by investors purchasing large quantities of ammunition at the highest possible prices, storing it (perhaps in shipping containers) and waiting for the price to DROP so that they can sell it for a loss?
    Because if that's your theory, you don't have a very good grasp on how investing works.

The current shortage is the result of a massive consumer demand. It is THAT SIMPLE. There are no secret warehouses (or Conex boxes) full of ammunition. There is no conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    There are no secret warehouses (or Conex boxes) full of ammunition. There is no conspiracy.
    Come on bro.
    Everybody loves a good conspiracy theory.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by winger ed. View Post
    come on bro.
    Everybody loves a good conspiracy theory.
    i do not

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    Are you insinuating that the current shortage is caused by investors purchasing large quantities of ammunition at the highest possible prices, storing it (perhaps in shipping containers) and waiting for the price to DROP so that they can sell it for a loss?
    Because if that's your theory, you don't have a very good grasp on how investing works.

The current shortage is the result of a massive consumer demand. It is THAT SIMPLE. There are no secret warehouses (or Conex boxes) full of ammunition. There is no conspiracy.
    They do not intend to sell it. Not at a profit. Not at a loss. Their only intent is to keep it from us, and eventually use it against us. If you think otherwise, open your eyes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    They do not intend to sell it. Not at a profit. Not at a loss. Their only intent is to keep it from us, and eventually use it against us. If you think otherwise, open your eyes.
    Who is "They" ?

Boolit Master
    They is me and you. If I could buy a pallet of 22lr at wholesale, why would I sell it cheap? C'mon this is America. I would sell anything for what a motivated buyer would pay a motivated seller. That is the real estate rule. Across the street an 1100 square foot town house is asking $199k. Probably settle at $189k. A bargain. A thing is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. Next year that townhouse will be flipped for $220k. A lot of people really want to live here. For me, I need to live somewhere, I am not moving, and I am not in the 22lr foodchain. Another 2000 rounds would be nice, the girls are eating it up.

Banned
    That would only work IF you had purchased the massive amounts of ammunition back when it was cheap & available.
    Large purchases in the past would not result in CURRENT shortages.

Let's put this in another perspective.
    For your entire adult life you have been able to walk into just about any store and purchase toilet paper.
    If it was a large store, there would even be a selection of brands and packaging sizes available, all for roughly the same cost for what you were buying.

Then one day back in May of 2020, everybody and their brother started buying huge amounts of toilet paper. Suddenly there wasn't toilet paper on the shelves.
    The shortage wasn't due to the "government" buying up the toilet paper.
    The shortage wasn't due to investors trying to corner the toilet paper market.
    The shortage wasn't due to "They" squirreling toilet paper away in secret warehouses and Conex boxes.
    The shortage wasn't due to a sudden lack of pulp wood.
    The shortage wasn't due to the paper mills shutting down or a transportation problem.

THE SHORTAGE WAS DUE TO A MASSIVE INCREASE IN CONSUMER DEMAND.

There's no need to create some bizarre theory or complicated explanation for the shortage. Nor was there a vast CONSPIRACY to deprive Americans of TOILET PAPER!

The current ammunition shortage is no different than the previous ammunition shortages we've experienced recently. The conspiracy theories remain the fantasies of idiots but the cause remains simple demand higher than supply.
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 12-22-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Boolit Master
    OK, you convinced me.
    There is no hoarding or profiteering.
    Y'all have any idea where I can get some 22lr?
    Around here an open box is an empty box.

Banned

Scheels IA City. $14.99 for the 100 round plastic container. Today.

Boolit Master

Not current but about 8 years ago, there was a gun show going on in Carlsbad, NM. I went to Walmart for something and while I was there another customer bought every box of .300 Win Mag they had; more than most people would want to shoot in a year of something with that much recoil. After he left the clerk told me that he bought like that all the time. He eliminated the supply to run up the price. According to the clerk he was a gun show reseller.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master
    The gooberment is hoarding it, because they know something is coming.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by downzero View Post
    There are now THREE threads going about the same thing.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...42#post5063442

Can't find the second one but this is the third.
    I posted the first one which had the most hits...GONE.

Boolit Buddy
    I heard the Lizard people are buying up all the ammo. The need the nitrates in the powder for essential vitamins for their smooth scaly skin, the brass for jewelry, and they use the lead to weigh themselves down so they can more efficiently lay low.
    quando omni flunkus moritati

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kenton View Post
    I heard the Lizard people are buying up all the ammo. The need the nitrates in the powder for essential vitamins for their smooth scaly skin, the brass for jewelry, and they use the lead to weigh themselves down so they can more efficiently lay low.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Those darn Lizard people. You just can't trust 'em. Almost as bad a the mole people in mines.

And Jeffrey Epstien killed himself......

Boolit Buddy
    I saw Elvis buy the last brick of primers at a Las Vegas LGS....

Boolit Grand Master

Not that difficult folks. Production and raw material went down due to Covid 19. Demand went way up do to Covid. People stuck at home reloaded brass due to boredom and the went to the range more for the same reason. Most of the outdoor sports products have been in short supple since the start of Covid. Fishing tackle is a prime example. Now throw in the riots and politics that accounted for all time sales records including 8 million new gunowners you had the makings of a perfect storm.

I have no doubt there is hoarding for profit on a small time bases but the idea that the manufactures are doing is is baseless. First price increases by the manufactures have been non-existent to modest at worst. Also the manufactures are reluctant to radially increase manufacturing capabilities based on past experience of the sales slumps that always follow panic buying.

The more unrealistic the prices become the greater the need to turn your inventory over quickly or you will get burned. Best example is the Hunt Brothers and the Silver market.

Warehouses full of unicorns is more realistic than warehouses of ammo just setting awaiting higher prices.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    OK, you convinced me.
    There is no hoarding or profiteering.
    Y'all have any idea where I can get some 22lr?
    Around here an open box is an empty box.
    Sure, most stores I've checked here in central MN have at least some 22lr, as well as other rimfires. The local bait shop here has around 500 rounds on the shelf of 22lr, about what they always have.