Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMCD ProductsRotoMetals2

Page 60 of 367 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 7338

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    I dont see the plate generator in your files

That's odd. the file name did have a period in front of it. I removed that. Try it now.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    She's done! I said 32 hours. Ended up being 31:59:05.

Attachment 268785
    Crazy my Octoprint complained when I tried to do a 21 hour print. It said that it didn't recommend long prints because of possible connection loss to the printer.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkles View Post
    Crazy my Octoprint complained when I tried to do a 21 hour print. It said that it didn't recommend long prints because of possible connection loss to the printer.
    Interesting. I am not on the absolute latest version so maybe that's why. I have my printer and octopi on a battery backup specifically for these crazy long prints.

That's odd. the file name did have a period in front of it. I removed that. Try it now.
    That must of been it...Its there now. Thanks

bf_v1.0.zip is the one to download, right?

What's the main difference between the bullet plates and the case plates?

I really need to spend some time learning the openScad so I can use that generator. Reinventing the wheel is a pain.

Octoprint............geeze........a whole new thing to buy and learn.....I'm getting to old to enjoy all this new learning.....
    Last edited by GWS; 10-05-2020 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    bf_v1.0.zip is the one to download, right?

What's the main difference between the bullet plates and the case plates?

I really need to spend some time learning the openScad so I can use that generator. Reinventing the wheel is a pain.

Octoprint............geeze........a whole new thing to buy and learn.....I'm getting to old to enjoy it.
    Yes.

There are quite a few differences between the two plates. First off the hole in the case plate is substantially larger. The case plate is thinner height wise, less of a bevel, and instead of a chute it has ridges to keep the brass moving around. I designed them more after a standard dillon case plate. That being said, I did initial case feed testing with bullet plates. I have found that a lot of design tweaking revolves around reliability. Some things will work fine until you hit a particular nuance, and then all of a sudden there are issues. Like I said, I would suspect you could do a lot with just the large case plate and large bullet plate.

Now base up case feeding is a whole nother animal, where things get very specific or it just doesn't work.

I hear ya. its endless.

Another detail about the case feeding and the springs I used. All of the spring adapters are designed around DAA springs. The small fits their small bullet feeder spring. Large fits large.
    The extra large spring adapter is designed for their larger output chute spring. https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/doubl...ute-and-spring

I did this because their large bullet feeder spring is not large enough to feed 45acp cases. The spring that comes with that output chute is 4' long, so I cut it and used it for a bunch of things.
    If I had to do it over I wouldn't have even bothered with their large bullet spring. The larger chute spring works just as well for large bullets.

Hope that makes sense.

Boolit Man
    Files have been posted. I did not include any of the base up case feeding stuff because I am still working it out. The files are much more clearly named and organized. I included a copy of my latest collator plate generator, which has options to create the case feed plates.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...vV?usp=sharing
    Amazing sir, I will start on this when I get home from work. I did a 10hr frisbee print for the kids overnight and all went well with the PETG. I was using a 0.4mm nozzle and have a 0.6 I will try and see how much faster that'll run at least for the bigger less detailed parts.

God I love this thing. Filament just arrived and its off to the races. Is there a version of the hopper that has the hole in the middle to those that might plan to use the Hex fitting on the motor shaft?....Asking for a friend......LOL

God I love this thing. Filament just arrived and its off to the races. Is there a version of the hopper that has the hole in the middle to those that might plan to use the Hex fitting on the motor shaft?....Asking for a friend......LOL
    I need more details. You are mounting a hex fitting to the MBF motor? Does the hex fitting have to extend down in to the main body? If so what is the diameter of the hex fitting? The center hole in the body is currently 12mm.

Edited to add, if you go with hex instead of roll pin you will need to generate hex plates as well.
    Last edited by TylerR; 10-05-2020 at 02:30 PM.

I need more details. You are mounting a hex fitting to the MBF motor? Does the hex fitting have to extend down in to the main body? If so what is the diameter of the hex fitting? The center hole in the body is currently 12mm.
    I was thinking of using the hex fitting on the Mcmaster motor. I currently have the original Mr BF that has the pin. for the Mcmaster with the hex fitting it would have to be 14mm min to be able to mount the hex fitting to the motor and then screw the whole thing to the bowl. If its too mych issue please dont worry about it. I was going to order the Mcmaster but have no way to drill and mount that pin in the shaft. I figured the hex fitting would be easier. Maybe if the hole in the bowl would be 14mm and still have the little slots for the pin. Kind of a 2 for 1 option? 14mm would be perfect.

BTW. small print is 50% done with the PLA+ stuff...WOW this stuff prints good. Found my new favorite filament

I was thinking of using the hex fitting on the Mcmaster motor. I currently have the original Mr BF that has the pin. for the Mcmaster with the hex fitting it would have to be 14mm min to be able to mount the hex fitting to the motor and then screw the whole thing to the bowl. If its too mych issue please dont worry about it. I was going to order the Mcmaster but have no way to drill and mount that pin in the shaft. I figured the hex fitting would be easier. Maybe if the hole in the bowl would be 14mm and still have the little slots for the pin. Kind of a 2 for 1 option? 14mm would be perfect.

BTW. small print is 50% done with the PLA+ stuff...WOW this stuff prints good. Found my new favorite filament
    Enlarging the center hole in the body is a non issue. I will open it up to 15mm. Give me a few and I will repost.

Can you post a link to the hex fitting you are using?

Enlarging the center hole in the body is a non issue. I will open it up to 15mm. Give me a few and I will repost.

Can you post a link to the hex fitting you are using?
    You bet. Looks like it will fit just right on the Mcmaster motor. Figured why mess with drilling in that little shaft for the pin.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Boolit Man
    You bet. Looks like it will fit just right on the Mcmaster motor. Figured why mess with drilling in that little shaft for the pin.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I found these which seem to be very similar and cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...8D9PZRWI9&th=1

Files are back up with the larger center hole on the main body.

Files are back up with the larger center hole on the main body.
    Thanks Tyler. Heading to printer shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Fil131 View Post
    I found these which seem to be very similar and cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...8D9PZRWI9&th=1

Nice catch

Thanks Tyler. Heading to printer shortly
    Since you mentioned you were going to go hex, I remembered there was an issue with hex in the collator generator. I fixed that issue, and also added a parameter for turning the hex handle on or off depending on what you want.

useHex = true; // Set true if using hex shaft
    addHexHandle = true; // Adds hex handle to top of plate

I also put the values I used to generate the standard plates in the comments.

Since you mentioned you were going to go hex, I remembered there was an issue with hex in the collator generator. I fixed that issue, and also added a parameter for turning the hex handle on or off depending on what you want.

useHex = true; // Set true if using hex shaft
    addHexHandle = true; // Adds hex handle to top of plate

I also put the values I used to generate the standard plates in the comments.
    Awesome. Both printers are cruising away. The overture pro is awesome. Color is pretty darn close.

Look forward to doing the plates. Man, you got this designing down to a science. Time for me to YouTube some fusion videos.....hahahahaha

I have the McMaster motor on the way and been looking thru the posts to try to find everything else I need electronic wise. Seems Amazon is out of the photo sensor thing. Also is there a wiring diagram for not using a switch? Just a speed knob that also turns it on and. Off?